When it comes to cigar tradeshows, there are none bigger or better than the IPCPR (International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers). The 2014 Edition of this grand event took place at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. As always, Cigar.com had boots on the ground scouring the show floor for the biggest and best in premium handmade cigars and accessories. Without further ado, let’s take a brief look at the happenings of a few key booths.
- New to Cigar.com: Rocky Patel Accessories (Lighters, Cutters, and Humidors)
- Visit www.cigar.com/Rocky2014 to shop.
- New Release: Nub Cafe – Available in 3 blends and 6 sizes
- Oliva’s first entry into the flavored category with a coffee infused twist on an industry classic.
- Visit www.cigar.com/NubCafe to shop
- New to Cigar.com: Alec Bradley New York Edition, Alec Bradley Vice Press
- Visit www.cigar.com/AB2014 to shop
My Father Cigars:
- The booth itself was packed, it’s is clear Pepin Garcia’s following is only growing.
- Visit www.cigar.com/MyFather2014 to shop
- New Releases: 50th Anniversary “The Hammer”, Family Reserve No. 50
- 50th Anniversary will be sold in Humidors of 50 cigars only. 1000 humidors will be produced nationwide with an expected delivery in December.
- Contact your Cigar.com Expert at 1-888-244-2790 to inquire.
Drew Estate & Joya De Nicaragua:
- New Releases: Herrera Esteli Norteño, MUWAT Nightcrawler, Kentucky Fire Cured in four new sizes including Flying Pig, Nica Rustica in two new sizes, ACID Blondie Maduro, and JOYA Red from Joya De Nicaragua.
- Forming a partnership with Japanese pipe maker Tsuge, Drew Estate is releasing a line of pipes to stake their claim to the pipe market.
- Visit www.cigar.com/Drew2014 to shop
General Cigar Company:
- Of all the cigars I enjoyed at the show none had a more unique flavor than Amazon Basin.
- Visit www.cigar.com/GCC2014 to shop
Other Notable Show Releases:
- Visit www.cigar.com/IPCPR to shop all releases from this year’s tradeshow.
In terms of new releases and cigar innovation, it’s very clear that each passing year gets better than the last. On a relevant but somber note, the hottest topic of the show was the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and our battle to exempt premium cigars. For those unaware, in the coming months the FDA will make a ruling. One of the many possible implications involves a much more arduous path to market for new blends. In short, let’s enjoy all the new releases while we still can. Last but not least, I’ve only touched on a small portion of what was showcased, but you can rest assured that all your favorites will be available here at Cigar.com!