Creole cooking, beignets, pralines, Pat O’Brien’s Hurricanes, and cigars. This year’s IPCPR (International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers) Tradeshow was a doozy to say the least. Just a couple short months ago our team of tobacconists at Cigar.com embarked on steamy New Orleans to get a peek at the industry’s best new blends for 2015. Take a gander below at the happenings of a few key booths.
- New Releases: Sun Grown Maduro, Twentieth Anniversary, The Edge A-10
- Like every year in recent memory, there was a crowded buzz at the Rocky Patel booth. According to Nimish Desai, The Edge A-10 was the star of the show after day one.
- Visit www.cigar.com/Rocky2015 to shop.
- New Releases: Sanctum, Tempus Nicaragua, Nica Puro Rosado, MAXX (new packaging only), Filthy Hooligan Barber Pole, Post Embargo (2016 release)
- You can tell Alan Rubin and his team at Alec Bradley are planning for the future with a product called Post Embargo. You can expect to see it at the end of the year in limited quantities.
- Visit www.cigar.com/AB2015 to shop
- New Releases: Quasar Humidor by Daniel Marshall, Quasar Ashtray, Falcon Single-Flame Lighter, Monaco Triple-Flame Lighter, S-Cut Cutter
- The S-Cut was my favorite new accessory at the show. It looks great, it cuts great, and the retail price puts it under $40. Based on that criteria, everyone should own one.
- Visit www.cigar.com/Colibri2015 to shop
- New Releases: Damaso – Padron’s entry into the mellow to medium-bodied realm with a Connecticut-wrapped delight.
- The 50th Anniversary humidors released at last year’s show are still trickling into the United States. If you’ve been meaning to get one, now is the time.
- Visit www.cigar.com/Padron2015 to shop.
Davidoff of Geneva USA
- New Releases: Davidoff Escurio, Davidoff Nicaragua Minis, Davidoff Winston Churchill Tins, AVO Syncro Nicaragua, AVO Classic Covers 2015, Camacho American Barrel-Aged, Camacho Shellback, Room 101 Johnny Tobacconaut, Camacho Strongbox Humidor
- Davidoff stepped up their game in a big way at this year’s show. You couldn’t walk 20 feet without seeing Escurio advertised. It was even advertised on my hotel room key a few blocks away.
- Visit www.cigar.com/DoG2015 to shop
General Cigar Company:
- New Releases: Macanudo Estate Reserve 2015, Dunhill Heritage, Partagas Aniversaro 170, Cohiba Luxury Selection, Bolivar (Re-launch), CAO Pilon, CAO Flathead Steel Horse, CAO Margaritaville, CAO Havana Daydreamin’
- We were thoroughly pleased with General Cigar and the number of fantastic new releases. Look out for Partagas 170, they will go quickly.
- Visit www.cigar.com/GCC2015 to shop
Other Notable Show Releases:
- Drew Estate Undercrown Shade, Drew Estate Nica Rustica (two new sizes) PDR Connecticut Valley Reserve, Gurkha Maharaja, Nat Sherman Sterling (new sizes), AJ Fernandez Enclave, MoyaRuiz The Chinese Finger Trap, Perdomo Small Batch Series, Perdomo Special Craft Series, Perdomo Factory Tour, Crowned Heads La Imperiosa, La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse 2015 Release, San Cristobal Ovation, La Palina Red Label, Murcielago (re-launch)
- Visit www.cigar.com/IPCPR2015 to shop all releases from this year’s tradeshow.