Home Cigar 101
Options

Should a cohiba behike look like this? is this mold?

I just bought a single cohiba behike from a cigar shop. After opening it, I see that the cut looks like there is mold on it, see the picture here:
Is this to be expected? Is this mold, or is this 'plum' ? The wrapper looks normal. Should I return the cigar?
thank you for the info

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup mold!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Btw that's a great picture! You can actually see the mold spores. But yeah return it
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mold
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Btw that's a great picture! You can actually see the mold spores. But yeah return it
    it is such a good example of what mold looks like i am going to use it in my mold vs plume thread.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming u ddin't buy it in the states, but if u did, u know its a fake right?
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    I'm assuming u ddin't buy it in the states, but if u did, u know its a fake right?
    dark filler?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    I bought it in basel, switzerland. Why do you think it's fake? At least the label does have a genuinely looking hologram on the cohiba-head as well as in the golden stripe and the "cohiba" and "BEHIKE" words are slightly elevated
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    supergnu:
    I bought it in basel, switzerland. Why do you think it's fake?
    Well, he only suggested it as fake if you had bought it here in the States. Sadly, it is probably very real and very moldy. Perhaps try returning it?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    supergnu:
    I bought it in basel, switzerland. Why do you think it's fake?
    Well, he only suggested it as fake if you had bought it here in the States. Sadly, it is probably very real and very moldy. Perhaps try returning it?
    Correct, didn't say it looked like a fake, can't see the band. It probably is real if you bought it there. Sorry about the mold, return asap.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Sorry about the mold. Such an expensive cigar (but really really good!!!). If you have the option of returning it, that would be the thing to do. If for any reason you can't return it, chop off a good inch and light it up! I know there is an argument for never smoking a cigar that has mold, but if that picture is the extent of the mold, and it just started, you might get away with it. Was it that way when you purchased it? If not, I would re-calibrate your hydrometer and make sure that your other sticks aren't about to suffer the same fate.

Seeing that picture made me run to my CC humidor and check every Cohiba I have!
  • Options
    Y'a know, that PIC looked awfully familiar! Now that I've had a bit of time to look around, I'd swear it was from the "Mold vs Plume" thread. Just double checked and Yes indeed, this is no Behike or original image! Just calling a spade a spade.
    Honestly, if you are going to post a picture of a moldy Behike, don't steal the pic from the same forum!

Now, having said that, I'm not saying you didn't get a moldy cigar. Maybe you did, but the image you posted is as genuine as a Cuban cigar purchased in the US that someone's uncle smuggled out of the factory.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    it is such a good example of what mold looks like i am going to use it in my mold vs plume thread.
    Kuzi said it was being added to the thread.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    kuzi16:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Kuzi said it was being added to the thread.
    Oops, I missed that. The image he posted in the Mold vs Plume thread is in the very first post of the thread, dated back in 02-25-2013. When I saw that it was the same pic I thought it had been pilfered. I do apologize for not getting my facts straight. Sorry if I made an A$$ of myself.