Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Figures I wreck my car before we move.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Driving down Powell and traffic infront of me make an extremely abrupt stop. Hit my brakes, locked them up and hit the car in front of me. The other driver took off without exchanging info. From what he said i assume the car was stolen. "I can not have the cops here. Times are tough, know what i mean? I need to F**Kin dump this car and run" ... Wtf. He gave me a name and number to call and got in his car and sped off
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man those pics make me sad for you brother. More importantly are you physically ok? Really sorry for you.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have trouble locating a body shop that can handle a classic car properly, let me know.
    If you don't mind coming to Astoria, I deal with a shop here all the time.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Im crying man. Sorry
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Physically I'm a bit sore and achy. As I expected I would be. Emotionally and mentally I'm pissed and disappointed. Lol I have a body shop I'm gonna use. The last couple times I've needed a body shop I used them and both times they had different '66 mustangs in their shop. So In gonna use them. Seems like they know their stuff. Lol hoping there isn't too much damage to the unibody and it isn't totaled.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to see this buddy. Hope you have no lasting injuries. As far as your car, Older cars were harder to total because even if the frame was bent out of alignment a body shop could bend it back. This may be considered old school and you may have to shop around for a shop that can still handle frame re-alignment but I would think it's worth it to save a sweet old ride like yours.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. Nice car though. Hope it's an easy fix.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    That sucks bro, hope you don't get to sore tomorrow.
  • Options
    I am now in process of waiting to hear from my agent to get my poor car in the shop. I hope it can get fixed fast. Although the Chevy Spark rental is a fairly nice little car... I miss being surrounded by American muscle.
  • Options
    Gents... this car has been a bit of a jinx on me... please cross your fingers that it somehow comes out totaled. Kill the jinx before it gets worse.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! I'm so sorry but am glad I got to see it before it got banged up :-(.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    my car is at a body shop now... No news on my estimate till tomorrow afternoon. They have to manually type up an estimate since my car is so old. lol
  • Options
    Sooooo.... Repairs come up to $5400. they haven't torn it down yet to check for structural issues. so there is still a chance insurance will total it out.