Home General Discussion
Options

eBay & Chinese The best lighter I...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...have found. Clear large tank and a "softer torch flame" that does not drain the tank. Granted I bought 2 of them and one had a leak but the seller has already offered a refund. I am buying 2 more anyway. For less then $5.00 and no postage I think they are great.

The problem I have found with every single "expensive" lighter is they are usually good for 4 or 5 lights and they have to be re-filled because the torch is too strong and the tanks are small.

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear he offered a refund, but it is hard to believe there is room for much profit in a $2.50 lighter shipped. Crazy how cheap some stuff can be made for.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Do these refill??? I have found that the cheaper ones normally can't be refilled...
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The absolute best lighter I've found comes from China via eBay for $7.99 including shipping (I think) and I'm presently using my second one. The first one only lasted a few years but for that price I sure can't beeitch.

photo A3904E99-4C97-446A-A1CE-DDBB2D07A0B2.jpg

Not only does it double as a table lighter with a switch that keeps the flame lit, but it has a HUGE tank that's easy to refill and it will switch from torch to soft flame. Now, I ask ya, what more could a guy want??
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    The absolute best lighter I've found comes from China via eBay for $7.99 including shipping (I think) and I'm presently using my second one. The first one only lasted a few years but for that price I sure can't beeitch.

Not only does it double as a table lighter with a switch that keeps the flame lit, but it has a HUGE tank that's easy to refill and it will switch from torch to soft flame. Now, I ask ya, what more could a guy want??
    I remember you mentioning this lighter before, (I think). And I may have asked you this before, but do you have any info on the seller? I spotted a cheap torch almost like that at Tractor Supply not too long ago and I passed on it thinking it might be a dud, but I'd be glad to know where you ordered yours from.
  • Options
    bearb:
    Glad to hear he offered a refund, but it is hard to believe there is room for much profit in a $2.50 lighter shipped. Crazy how cheap some stuff can be made for.

Under $5 for a single (1) uno one lighter.
  • Options
    edelrionyc:
    Do these refill??? I have found that the cheaper ones normally can't be refilled...

They can't, by law, be shipped with butane in them and mine is full.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    jlmarta:

I remember you mentioning this lighter before, (I think). And I may have asked you this before, but do you have any info on the seller? I spotted a cheap torch almost like that at Tractor Supply not too long ago and I passed on it thinking it might be a dud, but I'd be glad to know where you ordered yours from.

I got mine from a seller on eBay but I recently learned that they're available through Mike Tuccelli. I have no experience with customer support from the seller I bought from but I'm sure you'd be in safe hands if anything went wrong with one purchased from Mike.