Home General Discussion
Options

Staying Lit

little help please. Lately I have been having issues keep my cigars lit. It wasnt like it was one specific brand. The only thing that I have noticed is that everytime I am outside I am having issues.

Weather it was when I was on the golf course or sitting around the bonfire with a little breeze. They just didnt seem to stay lit at all

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Are you lighting it fully? If you're as new as I am/was you should look at some videos of how people light. I learned what I was doing wrong and haven't had many issues at all since.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    In my mind its either too high humidity in the humidor or you are smoking way too slow. ... how long does it take you to smoke a toro ? Have you calibrated your hygrometer?
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    i was having that issue also and I lowered my humidity down to low 60s. Havnt had issues since. Also, for puffing...I take one ever 30-45 seconds, sometimes longer, but under a min.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Keep drinking. Wait, wrong discussion.
  • Options
    The only cigars that I've ever had troubles staying lit were Pinar Del Rio's...I mean they taste good...but they burn terribly and don't stay lit.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    The only cigars that I've ever had troubles staying lit were Pinar Del Rio's...I mean they taste good...but they burn terribly and don't stay lit.
    That's funny you posted that. I have never had luck with the PDR Oscuro. The little smoke I get tastes great but they always go out. So i dryboxed one for several days and had it a couple of nights ago. It performed just a little better at first, but ultimately started going out. Got a headrush trying to keep it lit lol.
  • Options
    TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    I smoke a lot of the PDR's, and the Oscuro's do need a little attention. I find that if I concentrate the flame to the outside of the stick, they burn better. Sometimes they call for a double puff (light first - normal 2nd).
  • Options
    mcpetes16mcpetes16 Posts: 14
    I went to my local cigar shop that I really like, walked into their humidor. Pulled a stick off the shelf sat down for a game of crib

I came to the conclusion, I smoke to slow Get to chatting and stuff like that playing the cards.

Thank you gentleman for the insight
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Jasonc1982:
    That's funny you posted that. I have never had luck with the PDR Oscuro. The little smoke I get tastes great but they always go out. So i dryboxed one for several days and had it a couple of nights ago. It performed just a little better at first, but ultimately started going out. Got a headrush trying to keep it lit lol.
    love PDR can't say I've ever had any issues that I can remember.