Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

HUMIDORS FOR SALE

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
I have two desktop humidors that i am looking to sell. I recently upgraded my storage situation and these two need to go.

UPDATE: BOTH HUMIDORS ARE SOLD

HUMIDOR A SOLD!
the first one up is a small desktop humidor that will hold around 35ish cigars depending on size of the cigars and the amount of room your humidification device and hygrometer take up. it has a high gloss dark reddish finish. if i remember correctly the original price was in the neighborhood of $30. there are a few very minor signs of use. most of these signs are in the lid of the humidor where the foam humidification system and original hygrometer used to be placed (velcro on the left and a magnet on the left). this humidor has been without humidification for a little over a week as of today (2-13-12) and will require re-seasoning. it does not come with a humidification device or a hygrometer. before this week it has held a steady 68% for the last 7 years that i have had it. Make an offer on it in either cash or cigars via PM. this humidor is being sold AS IS. no upgrades will be made to it before shipping unless otherwise stipulated in the deal. to my knowledge this humidor is in working order but there is no claim that it is in mint condition. this humidor will be shipped using the USPS at no charge to the purchaser. Delivery confirmation and insurance will be used in shipping. No shipping outside the US please. here are a few pics of HUMIDOR A:

HUMIDOR B SOLD!

the second desktop humidor i have for sale is about 6 years old and will hold around 75ish cigars depending on the size of the cigars and amount of space taken up by humidification. it has more of a flat reddish wood finish that shows some sign of use (two light scratches in the finish circled in the following pictures). there are also signs of use in the interior of the lid where the foam humidification device was and the original hygrometer (smudge from velcro on the left and a magnet on the left) this humidor new is currently running around $65. this humidor has a simple lock to it and a key will be included. this humidor has a removable tray and has two removable dividers (one for the top and one for the bottom) that will be included as well.
this humidor has been without humidification for a little over a week as of today (2-13-12) and will require re-seasoning. it does not come with a humidification device or a hygrometer. before this week it has held a steady 68% for the last 6years that i have had it. Make an offer on it in either cash or cigars via PM. this humidor is being sold AS IS. no upgrades will be made to it before shipping unless otherwise stipulated in the deal. to my knowledge this humidor is in working order but there is no claim that it is in mint condition. this humidor will be shipped using the USPS at no charge to the purchaser. Delivery confirmation and insurance will be used in shipping. No shipping outside the US please. Here are some pictures of HUMIDOR B:

Pleas make offers via PM.

Comments

• Options
    I don't know how many would make an offer since they don't include the parts that make them work. Even though humi discs are rather cheap and you really don't need a gauge unless your **** about seeing the temp. Nice boxes though, what were you looking for the pair?
  • Options
    CigarMan37:
    I don't know how many would make an offer since they don't include the parts that make them work.
    the equipment that comes with these humidors is worthless anyway. at no point will i ever use the green foam again nor do i recommend that anyone else does. same with the analog hygrometer. if you bought these humidors new i would recommend that you scrap the hygrometer that comes with it and get a digital and scrap the green foam and get beads, gel, or boveeda packs. this is a cheap alternative to buying new desktops because they are used. there is more than one way to "make a humidor work"

i know i wont "make my money back" im not looking for that. im looking to give them a good home and probably cover the cost of shipping and if i get lucky a touch more. they have little value to me because they are taking up space in my storage area where i have my new storage systems. but they have more value to someone who is looking to start out on the cheap.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    CigarMan37:
    I don't know how many would make an offer since they don't include the parts that make them work.
    the equipment that comes with these humidors is worthless anyway. at no point will i ever use the green foam again nor do i recommend that anyone else does. same with the analog hygrometer. if you bought these humidors new i would recommend that you scrap the hygrometer that comes with it and get a digital and scrap the green foam and get beads, gel, or boveeda packs. this is a cheap alternative to buying new desktops because they are used. there is more than one way to "make a humidor work"

i know i wont "make my money back" im not looking for that. im looking to give them a good home and probably cover the cost of shipping and if i get lucky a touch more. they have little value to me because they are taking up space in my storage area where i have my new storage systems. but they have more value to someone who is looking to start out on the cheap.

+1,,I use boveda in my small humidors,, perfect application.. Actually I use boveda in everything. Most smaller humidors dont come iwth hygrometers and when they do, they usually dont work.. I have a few analog hygrometers that I do use, but only in conjunction with a digital. Digital is the way to go and I dont even think the larger humidors come with those unless your talking prometheus or something very high end. Good Luck Kuzi. I love smaller humi's they seem to not fluctuate as much for some reason + easier to find what Im lookin for, but I have enough, Thank You
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    kuzi16:
    CigarMan37:

+1,,I use boveda in my small humidors,, perfect application.. Actually I use boveda in everything. Most smaller humidors dont come iwth hygrometers and when they do, they usually dont work.. I have a few analog hygrometers that I do use, but only in conjunction with a digital. Digital is the way to go and I dont even think the larger humidors come with those unless your talking prometheus or something very high end. Good Luck Kuzi. I love smaller humi's they seem to not fluctuate as much for some reason + easier to find what Im lookin for, but I have enough, Thank You
    x2 on boveda and digital, 1st little humidor i started with the foam molded up nasty, then i started looking up info before i invested in larger humidors, thats plural so start with a big one to begin with,lol
  • Options
    giving this a bump. all offers will be considered.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I don't even need a humi, but it would be cool to say that I owned a humi from Kuzi.
  • Options
    haha ...
    yeah ill bump it again in a few weeks. im in no hurry to get rid of them so when someone wants them ill probably still have it.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I don't even need a humi, but it would be cool to say that I owned a humi from Kuzi.
    The Kuzidor.

useful
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Just autograph the inside lid and the value will skyrocket.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you posted a few more Pics and described their condition with more details. People tend to be sceptical of buying things online from virtual strangers. Another tip might be to tell people what cigars have been aged in which humidor. Perhaps, even posting a pic of them 'resting' in the good old days before they were sacrificed. Try to avoid using the photoshop thing though, as most of the time we can tell it was used. Best of luck. :)
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Maybe if you posted a few more Pics and described their condition with more details. People tend to be sceptical of buying things online from virtual strangers. Another tip might be to tell people what cigars have been aged in which humidor. Perhaps, even posting a pic of them 'resting' in the good old days before they were sacrificed. Try to avoid using the photoshop thing though, as most of the time we can tell it was used. Best of luck. :)

o_0 ??
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    bearb:

o_0 ??
    Lmao yeah same thought Peter!! Kuzi has very high cred and if I needed a humi it would be a no brainer!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    PM kuz!
  • Options
    Vision:
    bearb:

o_0 ??
    +100
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Don't know why but describing kuzi as a virtual stranger made me laugh
  • Options
    Yeah Kuzi...head on over the the nooblet welcoming thread and introduce yourself ;)
  • Options
    bearb:
    my bad.

i will do a better job in the future.

in the mean time, if you have questions, PM them to me and i will do my best to rfespond with as much detail as you see fit.
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    PM kuz!
    replied
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    kuzi16:
    bearb:
    my bad.

i will do a better job in the future.

in the mean time, if you have questions, PM them to me and i will do my best to rfespond with as much detail as you see fit.
    Lmfao....
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    the amazing thing is that the user has a join date from 2010....after being here for 3 years of kuzi's 12K posts i would think they would at least know him a little. Some people just aren't comfortable getting to know new people on the internet, it still has a little bit of a stigma.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Just as a point of clarification, I didn't have a problem with bearb's post. Thought he had some good points but I did LOL when I got to the virtual stranger part! Sorry to hijack your thread kuzi.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Silly Canadian, pics are for kids.
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    Just as a point of clarification, I didn't have a problem with bearb's post. Thought he had some good points but I did LOL when I got to the virtual stranger part! Sorry to hijack your thread kuzi.
    whatevs.
    i took it as sarcasm. i thought i was very detailed especially about what was wrong with the humidor. in fact i thought i was a bit too detailed and had many more pics than almost anyone else selling anything here ever. therefore thats how i took it.

im just amazed that people got that upset about one post.
  • Options
    I don't think anybody is upset. Confused, maybe. I think it's funny.
  • Options
    Rain:
    I don't think anybody is upset. Confused, maybe. I think it's funny.
    yes... thats the right word.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Roberto99:
    whatevs.
    i took it as sarcasm. i thought i was very detailed especially about what was wrong with the humidor. in fact i thought i was a bit too detailed and had many more pics than almost anyone else selling anything here ever. therefore thats how i took it.

////wow...atleast it is not only I that is confused?! Not sure how, nor why i was thrown under the bus for trying to b funny, but perhaps it is a sign that I need to work on my sarcasm some more. I shall remove my tongue from my cheek now...sorry to have offended the masses. Perhaps if you to now re-read what i had originally posted...this time though...take it with a grain of salt. *Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value. The phrase had acquired its contemporary meaning similar to "take what I am saying with a grain of salt," indicating that a statement was not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    As i had hoped the entire post would have.
  • Options
    bearb:
    kuzi16:
    Roberto99:
    whatevs.

////wow...atleast it is not only I that is confused?! Not sure how, nor why i was thrown under the bus for trying to b funny, but perhaps it is a sign that I need to work on my sarcasm some more. I shall remove my tongue from my cheek now...sorry to have offended the masses. Perhaps if you to now re-read what i had originally posted...this time though...take it with a grain of salt. *Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value. The phrase had acquired its contemporary meaning similar to "take what I am saying with a grain of salt," indicating that a statement was not meant to be taken seriously.
    Hey man, we're all cool. I was joking around too...as can been seen by my use of the ";)". Anywho, who needs a humi?
  • Options
    P.S. I have been around a lot longer than my join date. PPS Perhaps it helpful to avoid judging people by things like post counts, join dates and somehow assuming that either indicates anything more than what they are...numbers. This is not in any way meant to offend, but quantity does not equal quality. Anyway, i dont think i am offended, if you were trying...u gotta work harder...but please do think about why you jumped all over my initial statement and whether the comments you add are continuing to create the great community that it is...or perhaps my memories of 2010 are not what they used to be....when i finally joined, thinking i had something to add.
  • Options
    Enough thread jacking guys. Kuzi is trying to sell some humis. If anyone has a problem, take it to PM.