Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel 10th anniversary

Had this one yesterday. I was very pleased. My cold that i have been fighting for two weeks let up enough that I could actually taste it and it was yummy. Though it did have what looked like a pin hole in it and I am concerned about an infestation. Any comments on the RP or advice on the possible beetles would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    if it has a pin hole in it start checking all ur other cigars bro.....thats typically a beatle....happens when ur humi gets 80degrees and humi % gets up high as well...they can hatch and start to ruin....or, what you should do is get a smaller humi, when u get sticks in, put them in there for a week to see if they are good, then join with the rest of ur smokes.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I liked the 15th Anniv also, but I didn't think it was worth the price point he has it at. Considering he has changed his pricing policy on the internet, I highly doubt I will see any deals on them either.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    When you say 10th anniversary, do you mean the ITC 10th Anniversary, or the Decade?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    When you say "pin-sized hole", do you mean just a bit of wrapper coming off or a hole that goes through to the core of the cigar? If it's the latter, take everything in your humidor, put the sticks in plastic ziplock bags, then put them in the freezer for three days, then the fridge for one day. Meanwhile, wipe down the humi in order to get rid of scrap tobacco and beetle eggs.

After that's done, put the sticks back in the humi and wait about a week or two before lighting up those sticks. Also, try to keep the humidors in the coolest part of the house and away from direct sunlight.
  • Options
    adrosadros Posts: 216
    Decade. And wwhang you have just scared the hell outta me. I smoked it and would hate to that the great flavor of this stick was in someway contributed to a frickin beetle! I'll check 'em out. The temp has risin to about 75 or 77 a couple times. I'd hate to know I just ruined all my smokes!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    When you say 10th anniversary, do you mean the ITC 10th Anniversary, or the Decade?
    sorry, i assumed u meant 15th anniv. Decades are pretty good, I prefer the Torpedo. They were excellent few years ago, haven't had any recently though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I think I may have one as soon as I get out of work for the day. I'll let you know what I think.
  • Options
    OK, I'm about an inch into this RP Decade, and I keep smelling cow pasture. I hope it's not the cigar, and I really hope it isn't something else in my general vicinity!