Home General Discussion
Options

The unofficial “AJ WE WANT CORONA VITOLA” thread!!!

Hey would anyone else like to see the MOW Ruination, Armada, and Diesel unlimited in a corona size?? Those are some of my favorite blends but, alas, they do not come in my favorite vitola; corona. I was just wondering if I was alone in my love of the thin ring gauges and the hope that one day these smokes will be available in this size.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'll pass. I prefer 52+ gauges.
  • Options
    i remember alex saying like they are going to be coming out with a new mow in a corona shaggy size
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Yea and I can't wait, but thats a new blend. I was just wondering if anyone else wanted the Ruination, Armada, and Diesel Unlimited in a corona size. The MOW and Virtue both have a 6x44 and it's by far my fav in each line.
  • Options
    if they made the aramda in a corona would it be cheaper since right now its a pretty big cigar?
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I would love to try the Ruination in a corona, or a corona gordo size, but I don't know if it'd be any good.
  • Options
    It would, I got the Double Happiness Sampler mainly to try a thin ringed Ruination. I just cut it in half and smoked them as 5x48, not as thin as I would like but it was wonderful.
  • Options
    when i first got into cigars i was all about big ring guages now im leaning more towards smaller ring guage cigars.
  • Options
    Yes, thats the same evolution I went through...I was all about the 58+ sizes until I had my first ISOM smokes at a cigar bar in Aruba. All they had were thinner cigars...I came home with a love for them and ordered some of my favs from Ccom in those sizes; I've been hooked on coronas ever since.
  • Options
    yeah i loved the nubs for their size and always tried to get the biggest ring guauge cigar and last friday i smoked a 6x60 and the cigar was good but something was taken away by the massive ring guage
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    I would like to see almost every thing in the smaller size
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Since I've tried Armada and Diesel Unlimited in corona format, I can honestly say that they are fabulous. I'm all for trying anything by AJ in corona. Original MOW corona has always been a top favorite of mine.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    yeah i loved the nubs for their size and always tried to get the biggest ring guauge cigar and last friday i smoked a 6x60 and the cigar was good but something was taken away by the massive ring guage
    Have you tried the Nub 358? It's as small as the Habano comes and it's my fav nub. The Conn even has a 354.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Since I've tried Armada and Diesel Unlimited in corona format, I can honestly say that they are fabulous. I'm all for trying anything by AJ in corona. Original MOW corona has always been a top favorite of mine.
    I can only imagin the total herfing awsomeness of that moment!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would love to try several of his lines in a corona size! Diesel UHC, Unlimited, MOW, MOW Ruination, MOW Virtue...etc...etc... You get so much more flavor from most cigars in a smaller size.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    In the coming weeks there will be a weekend blitz on a special AJ sampler which will have 16 5 x 42 coronas, 2 each of 8 blends. I dont remember of the top of my head but i think it was La Herencia, La Herencia OF, Man O War, Man O War Ruination, Man O War Virtue, Diesel, Diesel Unlimited and Ave Maria. Keep an eye out for it.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    In the coming weeks there will be a weekend blitz on a special AJ sampler which will have 16 5 x 42 coronas, 2 each of 8 blends. I dont remember of the top of my head but i think it was La Herencia, La Herencia OF, Man O War, Man O War Ruination, Man O War Virtue, Diesel, Diesel Unlimited and Ave Maria. Keep an eye out for it.
    I have officially halted all spending until this deal comes up! I can't wait!!
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    WOW! I have to say this is awesome Alex! I hope the price is where I can afford to pick this one up because I would LOVE to get ahold of that one! Thank you sir!!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Alex Svenson:
    I have officially halted all spending until this deal comes up! I can't wait!!
    +1000000000000!!!!!! Holy crap! Am I dreaming...could it be?!?!? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NEWS ALEX!!!! ANy news on the price...I may have to stock up....this is great!
  • Options
    Wow this thread was alive for exactly 3 hours and 6 min before we got our wish...there truly is no blender but AJ! I guess I will have to change this to the Unoffical We Want Armada Coronas since the rest is already in the works...I couldn't be happier....I may need to buy a new humi just to keep these in...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Alex Svenson:
    Yessssssssssss finally! Not a fan of big ring gauges at all, as they tend to wash out flavor, so this is right up my alley.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    While a lot of guys around here like this size (myself included), they dont sell well overall. This may be your only chance to pick these blends up on this size so don't go falling in love LOL. But seriously, would love your feedback. Perhaps if there is a unanimous favorite we can try to roll it out as a regular size available exclusively at Cigar.com
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    While a lot of guys around here like this size (myself included), they dont sell well overall. This may be your only chance to pick these blends up on this size so don't go falling in love LOL. But seriously, would love your feedback. Perhaps if there is a unanimous favorite we can try to roll it out as a regular size available exclusively at Cigar.com
    That would be awesome
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    Wow this thread was alive for exactly 3 hours and 6 min before we got our wish...there truly is no blender but AJ! I guess I will have to change this to the Unoffical We Want Armada Coronas since the rest is already in the works...I couldn't be happier....I may need to buy a new humi just to keep these in...
    After seeing this, I think this should be moved to the Make a Wish Thread and now it's Alex's turn to make a wish as it seems he just granted a bunch of wishes. Once again, we talk and Alex listens. Cigar.com = Top Notch
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Alex Svenson:
    That would be awesome
    I agree, As soon as this sampler lands I'll post my feedback! That is if I don't die from excitement. And as for not falling in love...I might be too late
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    how did you get the armada in corona?
  • Options
    hey alex is there any news on the new mow corona shaggy?
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Hopefully you guys hold off a couple weeks so I'll have my income tax in and I can jump on this deal! I will buy a couple if I can swing it!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    That would be nice. I'd don't prefer the corona but every once in a while I have a hankering for one.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    t_evan50:
    That would be nice. I'd don't prefer the corona but every once in a while I have a hankering for one.
    ^me too. I usually prefer the larger ring gauges personally would be interested in getting 1 or 2 of these on the blitz. Anything by AJ I'm down for trying and think that these in a different wrapper, binder filler ratio will be really interesting!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Alex Svenson:
    In the online community at least (the larger online cigar community, the forums, blogs, twitter, etc.) the preference has definitely made a swing back to the smaller sizes. I think the 107 Lancero is a prime example of this shift. In smaller numbers, limited runs, etc. which are what the enthusiasts really go for, the smaller rings are definitely "in".