Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

LJL 500 post contest

It's contest time!!! Here's the contest: I recently took a mini vacation. 1) What dates did this happen? 2) Where did I go?

Here's where it gets fun for you...2 - 10 stogie prizes one for the best actual guess, one for the best (judged by yours truly) made up story. YOU CAN WIN BOTH PRIZES (neither of which will be fictional)!!! Fire away.

Comments

• Options
    june 24- june 27th wisconsin dells.....thats a mini vaca
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    June 24, 25, 26 & 27....Vegas baby, don't know a whole lot other than there was a Lion, 2 Zeebra's a monkey and a dog in room 228 not sure what hotel, 2 chicks named Candie and Faith and a box of Man O War Ruinations....all I could get out of Candie and Faith was, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..." I was able to get my hands on a few leaked pictures, that is NOT ljl I repeat NOT ljl...

Candie? Faith?

NOT ljl I repeat NOT ljl.....

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    June 24-27 to Lake Michigan
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    June 24 - 27 to Orlando
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    June 24, 25, 26 & 27....Vegas baby, don't know a whole lot other than there was a Lion, 2 Zeebra's a monkey and a dog in room 228 not sure what hotel, 2 chicks named Candie and Faith and a box of Man O War Ruinations....all I could get out of Candie and Faith was, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..." I was able to get my hands on a few leaked pictures, that is NOT ljl I repeat NOT ljl...
    I CALL WIN! lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Well, I've got some clear cut winners right now. Only 12 posts left to go. Any more takers?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

You went tot he Willy Wonka Factory.
    Got stuck in the champaigne bubble room with a hot oompa loompa
    --Well she wasnt hot but once you got your champaigne bubble beer goggles on anything was in play.--
    She called a couple of her freinds up
    the only thing you remember is waking up next to 3 naked purple oompa loompas.

You are now constantly worried that in the next few weeks you are going to get a wakeup call stating you are soon to be the proud father of a little - pun intended - oompa loompa......

Seriously you went to Niagra falls over memorial day and got arrested trying to go over the falls in a barrell.

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    ljl:
    Well, I've got some clear cut winners right now. Only 12 posts left to go. Any more takers?
    Ill be adding my 2cents in a bit. :)
  • Options
    Trip was June 17-21, but you have just under 9 months of memories. you went to cuba for a +back in time" kinda feeling... and somewhere along the way... it happened. You loved your trip, Havana was beautiful, the beaches, the jungle, you saw it all. On a tour of one of the many old tobacco fields, you ended up meeting a beautiful woman. I wouldnt say you fell in love, but **** was in the air. One thing lead to another as it usually does, and the woman got pregnant. Having fell in love with cuba itself more than anything else, you stayed there, and with the woman... she seemed so familiar.

So, you stayed, got a job on a tobacco farm, and lived the good life... not even giving a second thought to the life from which you came from.

The big day came where your child was to be born.... all old school, in a barn on the farm. After hours and hours, just before the final push, the is a great flash of light in the sky... and you are suddenly back on the plane headed home... just 5 days after your vacation started. Fun was had.. but who would believe you? Traveled back in time in cuba? Insanity. ... there are the stories of the farm, the woman, the cigars you smoked with castro... and OH!! The Pulled Pork sandwiches were amazing!

But what ever happened to your child...? You almost saw it born! ... its probably a good thing you didnt though. Can you imaging the head f*$k it would have been to see your self born!?!?!?!?

:)

Disclaimer: Im a huge x-files fan, have watched 5 seasons of Lost in the last 2 months, and generally have an insane imagination.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    NYHCx516x:
    Disclaimer: Im a huge x-files fan, have watched 5 seasons of Lost in the last 2 months, and generally have an insane imagination.

I was gonna say, you had the whole Desmond Lost thing going on lol
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You took an entire week off, bookcasing each end with a weekend, June 19-27 to celebrate the solstice. In order to take full advantage of the longest days of the year you convinced everyone that a "really fun family trip" would be to go somewhere that offers fun in the sun, beaches, night-life, restaurants and history. What could be a better place than Miami?

So off to southern Fla. you embark, packing everyone and everything in the old fake wood-sided grocery getter and hit the American highway. The youngest are in the way back on carpeted plywood with no seats and nothing to do but pick on each other. Two enriching days later you cross the town line and proudly announce "here we are!" to grumbling responses.

Once all settled in to the hotel and one pool swim under the belt you devise a plan. For days it ferments in your mind, all the details filling in, until your moment finally arises; the wifey says she wants to go do some shopping and you spring into action! "Great" you say, "I was gonna ask the kids if they wanted to go learn some Cuban history down in little Havana. It'll be fun!"

"Ahhh..." she responds..."maybe I'll just take the kids with me."

"Well, okay. If you insist." You sly dog. You head down to cigar-ville and start smoking cigar after cigar in every store and shop you walk into. This is heaven, and way better than shopping. Finally, after many dollars have left your debit account, a quiet little man with a crook in his neck asks you if you want to see The Don. Yup!

Into his pale white mystery machine you climb and settle into a faded milk crate of a seat and drive out onto a heavily forested dirt road. No other cars pass by. He pulls the van off on to a small rutted side road and you bounce along for another hour before stopping in the middle of nowhere. Down a little marked footpath he leads you through more mosquitos than you've ever read about until finally the forest canopy breaks and you are in a field of rich smelling tobacco. Then, you see him, the man himself:

My God, could it be true? In a haze of disbelief you look around for some sort of reality grounding. There are none. The mischevious fellow who brought you there has disappeared without sound. You are alone. Then it happens, he sees you. The Don lays eyes on you and slowly graces you with an omnipotent smirk followed by an exhale of cumulous smoke. Without knowing how you find yourself standing near him while he speaks to you in Spanish and fills all your pockets with cigars that aren't on the market yet.

He continues to speak and make hand motions while you stand in a surreal haze of enlightenment. The conversation transcends your not knowing Spanish and soon you two are getting along like Bob and Doug Mackenzie. You smoke cigar after cigar and have never tasted anything on God's green earth that comes within range of the flavors dancing on your palatte. Walking through the secret fields of tobacco plants you feel and breath in the sweetest aromas any nose has known.

On the far edge of the field you are greeted by a long black stretch limousine and a chauffeur who graciously opens the door for you. Inside are even more cigars along with and a beautiful woman barely wearing a thin summer dress. She gracefully lights your cigar and pours you a scotch on the rocks. You and the Don enjoy a last few fleeting moments before the night must end.

Without giving any directions the limo stops in front of your hotel and you float out. One last hand wave goodbye and the limo cruises on to places unknown, leaving a faint trail of smoke in its wake, while you proceed back to reality.

Back in the hotel room the wife is happy to see you after a successful day of shopping and eating at fine restaurants. The kids are asleep in their beds and looking as beautiful as angels. You have no need to explain your day as she is happy to see the obvious glow on your face and haze in your eyes. The remaining days of the vacation pass in esctasy, having fun doing whatever comes your way. You return home completely rejuvenated and refreshed, ready to tackle the most impossible problems at work and home with the greatest of ease. Nothing seems hard, not any more, you were in the presence of the Don.
  • Options
    Ohh, competition is heating up...

Laughing my a** off at these, keep it coming.
  • Options
    Next post!!!!
  • Options
    Here it is, old # 500. You guys sure did yourselves proud.

Winner 1: Millennium115, got the destination spot on. Dates were a bit off but pretty close. Great guess. I'll PM you shortly so we can work this out.

Winner 2: This was much harder. Official winner is (drumroll), dramatic pause..... Bigharpoon. Love the part where the Don is talking to me in espanola and it just doesn't matter. Diamondog, had tough time getting past the butt to face pic, just scary - otherwise great post. Fourto, my wife and I were talking about going over the falls in a barrel for no apparent reason the other day - weird. NYHC you get best WTF post for sure, still shaking my head at that one a bit. So, Bigharp wins the promised 10 stick, but in appreciation of your efforts, I am sending out runner up prizes to the other 3. PM me and we'll see what happens.

• Options
    That was alot of fun. I really enjoy this forum, I think it definitely is a getaway from our daily grind..
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Woohoo!!! This was a blast! I had such a good time thinking about different stories and then the actual writing of the post. Thanks for hosting such a cool and fun contest. You have a pm.
  • Options
    Thanks to everybody that jumped in! The family and I went to WI dells and stayed at the hotel Rome. The hotel was OK, the attached water park was unreal. You really realize as a parent how much fun you have just watching your kids have a blast. We spent most of our time outdoors and also hits some local eateries. It sure was a nice little break from the ol' rat race.