Home General Discussion
Options

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Life was good today hey Brad... Nice
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    avengethis:
    Life was good today hey Brad... Nice
    Well I drank all my Zaya the other night and when i was at the store I just filled up my hands. I had to make the trip worth it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    avengethis:
    Nice Brad!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    peter4jc:
    Eagles Rare. Templeton Rye.
    Haven't tried the Templeton but I am in a torrid love relationship with that Eagle Rare ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    twistedstem:
    had to go and get some after hearing youall talk it up! four roses photo output_zpsro9p8sso.jpg
    Very nice Vance how'd you like it?
  • Options
    Picked up these this past weekend when the Mrs. Irish requested me to make her a Manhattan, also made my own simple syrup which came out great. She is just starting to get into and appreciate bourbon so I altered my Manhattan recipe to make it a touch sweeter so she'd like it a bit better. 2 parts bourbon, 1 part sweet vermouth, dash of maraschino cherry juice and 1 cherry and a splash of simple syrup finished with a hit of Peychaud's Bitters for the clove. Came out remarkably well for a sweeter drink and she loved it. Thanks to Marty and Hays and a few others for the ideas and recipe ;)

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    twistedstem:
    had to go and get some after hearing youall talk it up! four roses photo output_zpsro9p8sso.jpg
    im thinking this may be my new favorite!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstem:
    90+ Irishman:
    twistedstem:
    Haven't tried just the regular yellow label yet but am in **** and love with the Small Batch and Single Barrel stuff, I need to replace a few of my daily drinkers in the next month or so as they are about gone and will be looking at picking up this guy. Thanks for the heads up Vance! Oh and little known fact, years back that label was known as some of the nastiest stuff around, but close to a decade ago one of the massive Far East liquor conglomerates (name escapes me as I type this) bought them out with all of Beam products and nearly pulled Four Roses Yellow Label from the market. The master blender for the current Four Roses petitioned to revamp it and distribute the recipe that was being sold overseas here in the U.S. and that's how we ended up with such a remarkable product. I'm sure I butchered that relation a bit but the main points are there.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    twistedstem:
    90+ Irishman:
    twistedstem:
    Haven't tried just the regular yellow label yet but am in **** and love with the Small Batch and Single Barrel stuff, I need to replace a few of my daily drinkers in the next month or so as they are about gone and will be looking at picking up this guy. Thanks for the heads up Vance! Oh and little known fact, years back that label was known as some of the nastiest stuff around, but close to a decade ago one of the massive Far East liquor conglomerates (name escapes me as I type this) bought them out with all of Beam products and nearly pulled Four Roses Yellow Label from the market. The master blender for the current Four Roses petitioned to revamp it and distribute the recipe that was being sold overseas here in the U.S. and that's how we ended up with such a remarkable product. I'm sure I butchered that relation a bit but the main points are there.
    interesting facts I was not aware of!! found it to be an excellent mixer drink it with a splash of coke or dr pepper! itsgot a hint of spiyness to it alone but good with a hit of water to open it up!! would recommend to allto try it.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a 375ml. bottle of Glenlivet 12 on sale last week. No pic to go along with the post because, frankly it's not picture worthy. I won't say it's terrible because taste is subjective and obviously tons of people like it; it is one of the best selling Scotches in the world. But for me...wow, boring. I felt obligated to try it at some point since I love Scotch so much but it sure pales in comparison to the rest of my liquor cabinet.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From The Forked Vine in Jackson, Woodford Reserve Bourbon.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    photo 2DEF2799-F0DA-473D-89EA-59DF107CE292_zpsmrqg2nvo.jpg
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in my cousins wedding today and this is the gift he gave. It's from a brand new distillary that's close to where he lives in Arkansas and this is a bottle from their very first batch. Pretty excited about it! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    bert873:
    I'm in my cousins wedding today and this is the gift he gave. It's from a brand new distillary that's close to where he lives in Arkansas and this is a bottle from their very first batch. Pretty excited about it! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Very very cool Bert hope you enjoy and congrats to your friend :)
  • Options
    amz1301:
    photo 2DEF2799-F0DA-473D-89EA-59DF107CE292_zpsmrqg2nvo.jpg
    Really enjoy the bottle I have of that Andy hope you do too.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd give this a try.
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    Very nice choice Charlie, I have had a sample of this before and enjoyed it though I do need to revisit it probably tonight. Great choice and hope you enjoy, I think you would enjoy it neat or on the rocks but I highly recommend trying it neat at least once ;)
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just trying it out because of all you guys talking about bourbon all the time. I've only had Canadians except for trying (and hating) Wild Turkey many years ago. It will be on the rocks for now but will try it neat in the future. Got mini bottles of Knob Creek and Makers Mark to give those a try also.
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    I'm just trying it out because of all you guys talking about bourbon all the time. I've only had Canadians except for trying (and hating) Wild Turkey many years ago. It will be on the rocks for now but will try it neat in the future. Got mini bottles of Knob Creek and Makers Mark to give those a try also.
    Makes perfect sense and hope you find what we love about bourbon as well my friend enjoy!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Went t buy a bottle of angels envy. They didn't have it, but ordered it for me?? so I picked this one up!
  • Options
    reggie713:
    Went t buy a bottle of angels envy. They didn't have it, but ordered it for me?? so I picked this one up!
    Very nice Reggie, that Angels Envy is really enjoyable as is the Buffalo Trace, that one helped start me back into bourbon a few years back and I still enjoy it especially at the price point that I can normally locate it at. Cheers!
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    that's is a fantastic bourbon. Got to try some at the Texas herf. It had been on my lost for awhile and it did not dissapoint. Enjoy my friend!
  • Options
    One of Justin's buddies was able to track down a few bottles of this for Justin and I a few weeks back, showed up today and so excited!!! This was the No 1 sample I had from the 6 blind bourbon samples that Doug sent and is one of the few 5/5 star bourbons I've had, still just as good k love this stuff!

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    bert873:
    I live in little rock and love this distillery. Have not had this one yet. Their regular boubon is very unique and they have a bourbon barrel aged gin that is just crazy good. I was shocked when i saw this bottle on the here.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a bottle of "Jefferson Very Small Batch". Called an old friend in Va. to hunt one down. Shame he doesn't smoke cigars.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!