Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Taxes....MF'n taxes. Got a nice bonus check for exceeding my quota for 2014 and the government reached in my pockets and robbed a brotha...still pretty happy with the take home $$ ya dig!!
    Good, now go spend some of it on a heater and get yo ass on V-Herf, ya dig that!!!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Taxes....MF'n taxes. Got a nice bonus check for exceeding my quota for 2014 and the government reached in my pockets and robbed a brotha...still pretty happy with the take home $$ ya dig!!
    PREACH!!!!

hate seeing all that money "disappear" too .... but worth paying the "dues" to be AMERICAN and live in a civilized society.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    PREACH!!!!

hate seeing all that money "disappear" too .... but worth paying the "dues" to be AMERICAN and live in a civilized society.
    truth!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Good, now go spend some of it on a heater and get yo ass on V-Herf, ya dig that!!!
    blah blah
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Glock1975:
    smoke em if you got em:
    blah blah
    blah blah? tha't all u got, come on bro. Wait till later today, u will have more, I PROMISE.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Burn!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    networking/router/computery *** when it's not working right....ugghhh

as soon as i get 1 problem resolved, another pops up. grrr....
    it was supposed to be an easy "plug-and-play" project to add a new switch, simple reset of all devices, and be good to go. but nooooo! now everything's fubar & then some.

was going to work on painting the basement this weekend but thinking most of my time will be spent troubleshooting ... grrrr

just want to get this *** resolved so i can 1) have better tv streams & less packet loss 2) free up throughput so i can get wi-fi working in garage for vherf.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking a tooth. Grrr!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh that's easy... Pete F'n Carrol
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Watching Psycho and then taking a shower
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Cancelling a recording session because there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground . . . So I guess this is an I hate Ohio post.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Life just got real busy for me. Taking on new responsibilities at work, the class I'm taking at the local college started last night, trying to overhaul the men's golf association that I'm president of and track down our MIA treasurer, who is conveniently the only person with access to our bank account, and pay our $2500 debt... Oh and my wise ass decided to try something serious with a girl that has a six month old son.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    totally agree with the Taxes part. We have 2 dependents, we both claim 2 on our taxes take standard deductions, nothing crazy, didn't change a tax bracket, and somehow we owe almost $700 in taxes.

You know the tax code is completely **** up if you are taking the standard deductions and claiming your correct number of dependents and those numbers don't work out correctly.

at this point I am so pissed I can't see straight.
  • Options
    f*****ing network issues....

....again.

this time i am 99% sure i got it narrowed down to either ...
    1) a bad cable/jack or 2) hardware (xbox360's) network card is starting to fail....

got a cable tester ordered so hopefully i can get to the bottom of this asap ....
    but just one other "thing" to have to spend time on troubleshooting & try to fix.....grrr

• Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:

....again.

1) a bad cable/jack or 2) hardware (xbox360's) network card is starting to fail....

got a cable tester ordered so hopefully i can get to the bottom of this asap ....
    but just one other "thing" to have to spend time on troubleshooting & try to fix.....grrr
    Why do you think its your hardware? Who is your provider? (its ALWAYS the providers fault, theyre lying to you)
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    jgibv:

....again.

Why do you think its your hardware? Who is your provider? (its ALWAYS the providers fault, theyre lying to you)
    lol i wish i could pin it on them but nope not the provider's fault.....

it's an internal LAN issue (and i own all the equipment.)

getting an intermittent link-local address on the x360 (so not able to reach router for dhcp)....
    and when that occurs i'm seeing a "phantom" MAC address on my router table for a device that doesn't exist.....

cable/jack failure is always a possibily....and that's easy enough to test.
    but the x360 is pushing 8 yrs old so wouldn't surprise me if the network card is starting to go bad.....

if i can rule out the cables/jacks then it has to be the x360's network card.

• Options
    That, is far more.complicated than I thought It was gonna be, I stand corrected sir. And ya, 8 yr old Xbox could not bode well
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    SM0K3Y:
    jgibv:

....again.

getting an intermittent link-local address on the x360 (so not able to reach router for dhcp)....
    and when that occurs i'm seeing a "phantom" MAC address on my router table for a device that doesn't exist.....

but the x360 is pushing 8 yrs old so wouldn't surprise me if the network card is starting to go bad.....

Are you sure it could be the xbox's network card and not the router?
    The reason I ask is we went through a similar problem with one xbox. We swore up and down it was the xbox, as the router was also tied to the TV, 2 computers and an Xbox One.
    After quite some time battling with it, we had someone come in and they found that the port on the router was getting bumped by the other stuff. Seems the router had some priority thing on it that the port the xbox was on was the last in the priority line.

Dunno if that's your problem, but it's a thought.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    jgibv:
    SM0K3Y:
    jgibv:

....again.

Are you sure it could be the xbox's network card and not the router?
    The reason I ask is we went through a similar problem with one xbox. We swore up and down it was the xbox, as the router was also tied to the TV, 2 computers and an Xbox One.
    After quite some time battling with it, we had someone come in and they found that the port on the router was getting bumped by the other stuff. Seems the router had some priority thing on it that the port the xbox was on was the last in the priority line.

Dunno if that's your problem, but it's a thought.
    Good thought, thanks. 99% sure it's a cable/jack or x360 though....tried connecting to different router ports and still get intermittent issues with only x360, never other devices.....also have a unmanaged switch, try going through that and get intermittent issues with, again, xbox only & never other devices on the switch.....

Also have tried reserving static ip for x360 to bypass dhcp & still get the problem sporadically
    Please throw out any other thoughts/suggestions though.....the phantom MAC address in dhcp table is what really has me puzzled.

• Options
    I'm at a loss, you may be right, I run my play station directly to my router, hardlined, my desktop pc hardlined and everything else is WiFi, but the only time I've had lag issues, I just blame @$!&ץ
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spending the night at the hospital. nothing to do but wait, feeling pretty efing useless
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Spending the night at the hospital. nothing to do but wait, feeling pretty efing useless
    I hope everything is okay..Hospital visits are rarely a good experience.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    onestrangeone:
    Yeah, the wife had some blood work done Tue, they called yesterday afternoon and told her to go to the ER for an emergency transfusion immediately, gave her 3 bags, units, quarts? last night, bunch of test today and here for another night, iron deficient anemia, still don't know why yet.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I was gonnacomplain about the a-holes who block the intersections at red lights.But in comparison to what I read above I feel silly.Hope all ends well for you and the wife brother!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    well I was gonnacomplain about the a-holes who block the intersections at red lights.But in comparison to what I read above I feel silly.Hope all ends well for you and the wife brother!!
    I can't remember ever posting a thing I hate here. But I really don't like having to travel in this snow and cold and ice. Another snowfall last night to add to the beauty of winter.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    kaspera79:
    onestrangeone:
    Yeah, the wife had some blood work done Tue, they called yesterday afternoon and told her to go to the ER for an emergency transfusion immediately, gave her 3 bags, units, quarts? last night, bunch of test today and here for another night, iron deficient anemia, still don't know why yet.

My wife was told she was dangerously low in B12 (never knew that could be a problem). Must not be too dangerous, they set up for shots over a month from now. Went to the store and got a larger bottle of B12 supplements.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picking up a prescription for antibiotics the day before St. Patty's Day with a big note of the front of the bag that says, "NO ALCOHOL FOR TWO WEEKS!!!"

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Dont take em till tomorrow. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I severly dislike when Im paying for gas and the person in front of me asks for a White Owl, or Swisher and I dont have a handrolled to give them. I need a bigger herfador.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Working as security for a night club on St. Paddy's. Already ran into huge gaggles of people drunk and stoned in public at 9 AM.