Home Non Cigar Related
Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, y'all, I wanted to let you hear some good news. Thank you all for your prayers; they've been answered: I got a job.

We still have to work out the details of our move. The position opens up March 1 and I'll probably start on a PT basis through the end of the school year down here. But come June, the whole family will be leaving the South for the Commonwealth of PA. Okay, okay, we're barely north of the Mason-Dixon line, but still. I'm grateful for your prayers over the course of these uncertain times.

No, I won't become a Ravens/Redskins/Steelers/Eagles/Nationals/Sixers/Orioles fan. I was already a Phillies fan and I'll remain a Colts fan for life. But for any MLS fans, I'll take bids for my fandom between the Union or DC United.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Wife Ashley is going in for thyroid surgery at 8:30. Praying it goes well, no problems, and is benign.
    Found out today that nodule is benign. No second surgery or iodine treatment, which is great.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear all the good news. Prayers of thanks going up...
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    God is good.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    Wife Ashley is going in for thyroid surgery at 8:30. Praying it goes well, no problems, and is benign.
    Found out today that nodule is benign. No second surgery or iodine treatment, which is great.
    thats great news Gray
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    thats great news Gray
    Thanks ricky. Still praying for you and your family
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Hey, y'all, I wanted to let you hear some good news. Thank you all for your prayers; they've been answered: I got a job.

We still have to work out the details of our move. The position opens up March 1 and I'll probably start on a PT basis through the end of the school year down here. But come June, the whole family will be leaving the South for the Commonwealth of PA. Okay, okay, we're barely north of the Mason-Dixon line, but still. I'm grateful for your prayers over the course of these uncertain times.

No, I won't become a Ravens/Redskins/Steelers/Eagles/Nationals/Sixers/Orioles fan. I was already a Phillies fan and I'll remain a Colts fan for life. But for any MLS fans, I'll take bids for my fandom between the Union or DC United.
    Congrats, brother! Where in PA will you be?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Glen Rock, in southern York County.

I'm already trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Cigarfest 2016. Doubt I can swing it this year...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Glen Rock, in southern York County.

I'm already trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Cigarfest 2016. Doubt I can swing it this year...
    That's like 4 hours from me, but I think it's pretty close to Jhewey.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Recently found out my mum has cancer. Inoperable and the prognosis is 6 -12 months. Organizing a trip to Oz to see her. Prayers appreciated.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear Brad. My heart goes out to you and your family. She'll be in my thoughts.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Chemnitz:
    Recently found out my mum has cancer. Inoperable and the prognosis is 6 -12 months. Organizing a trip to Oz to see her. Prayers appreciated.
    Praying man, for your mom and family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be praying for your mum, for you, and your visit.  It must be even harder, with the distance you two are from each other.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Brad....prayers for all of your family.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and family Brad.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    So so sorry to hear that Brad, let me know if I can help in any way even if it's just to listen and be a sounding board Broyer! You're not alone here bro, sorry really!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this, Brad. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum and family. Hang in there, Bro....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this news. I am praying for your mother, you, and your family...Peace.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers coming

I was a cop for 11 years and a coworker/friend of mine who is still a cop has a son who is a cop in Springfield, Missouri. Several nights ago he was shot in the line of duty. Please pray for him and his family. He was shot in the eye and will never be a cop again. His entire world was changed in an instant. He is in a drug induced coma and his family could use the prayers. The POS responsible for this is in jail but he should have been there and not on the street due to his lengthy criminal history but the justice system can be debated later. Couple links below to the story.

Aaron Pearson

Injuries Will End His Career
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent for your friend's son Jacob.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Praying for him and his family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Chemnitz:
    So so sorry to hear that Brad, let me know if I can help in any way even if it's just to listen and be a sounding board Broyer! You're not alone here bro, sorry really!
    Oh man I just hate hearing this. My prayers are going out to you and your family. I know how tough it is brother. If you ever need someone to talk to just shoot me a pm. I found a great group on Facebook called The Hate Project. Check em out. My new motto is F$&K Cancer!
  • Options
    Brad and Jake, I just prayed for you guys.

• Options
    We are at the hospital with my wifes grandma. Please pray for her family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    We are at the hospital with my wifes grandma. Please pray for her family.
    Praying bro!
  • Options
    Thank you. Dehydration with kiidney failure. Probably wont go home again. Either a rehab center or nursing home. My wife is doing ok. Family is not however.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    I hope everything is okay. Praying for you and your family, Dane.
  • Options
    UPDATE: (also posted in TPB thread)
    As some of you are aware, I am in Australia for a few weeks visiting my mum who has terminal cancer. It has been a dream of mine for a while to be able to take my children back to Australia. Getting to see Grandma in the limited time we have made me decide to just do it. We all arrived last week and are here for a couple more. My mum is in great spirits, naturally, seeing all the family, but I can tell that she is weaker and more frail. We are taking care of her, going through things in the house, and making other preparations that one normally does not want to talk about. But it has to be done and mum is being a trooper. She has strong faith in Christ and is looking forward to the heavenly mansion. I truly appreciate all of the support and kind words from you my brothers on this forum
    Picture from a few days ago of my son, William, meeting Grandma for the first time.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your family bro! So cool that she got to see all of you!
  • Options
    Amen. Glad yall were able to go.
    Wifes grandma is doing better. Headed to a rehab facility later today. Thanks for the prayers and support.
    One God, One Truth