Home General Discussion
Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Retrics1 sent me this in his contest winnings. First one of these and very good so far. One of the darkest and toothy Camaroon's I have seen. Well worth sitting on the porch in the cold listening to the rain fall. Thank you kindly!!

photo IMG_7171.jpg
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Retrics1 sent me this in his contest winnings. First one of these and very good so far. One of the darkest and toothy Camaroon's I have seen. Well worth sitting on the porch in the cold listening to the rain fall. Thank you kindly!!

photo IMG_7171.jpg
    LOL, I'd kill for 45 degree weather being "cold." Meanwhile I'm on my porch in 23 degree weather :) I'm jealous of you!
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    LOL, I'd kill for 45 degree weather being "cold." Meanwhile I'm on my porch in 23 degree weather :) I'm jealous of you!
    Some one is weather stalking! But ha yea normally this fat boy would be happy sitting in 45* but for some reason today I am a bit chilled and wearing a light coat and blue jeans
  • Options
    FireRob:
    D Fresh:
    Some one is weather stalking! But ha yea normally this fat boy would be happy sitting in 45* but for some reason today I am a bit chilled and wearing a light coat and blue jeans
    Haha, busted...I was originally thinking you were in Chicago and was going to relate to your pain. Then I saw Fort Worth and was interested how cold it was there LOL. So yeah I was weather stalking but obviously it's all a matter of perspective. My temperature probably feels about the same as yours. Important point is we're both enjoying smokes on our porches!
  • Options
    This is the same RP Decade Camaroon above. I just wanted to share how much tooth was on this wrapper with the best pic I could get from my phone. Feels like it's wrapped in 220 grit sandpaper.
    photo IMG_9153.jpg
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    [ Haha, busted...I was originally thinking you were in Chicago and was going to relate to your pain. Then I saw Fort Worth and was interested how cold it was there LOL. So yeah I was weather stalking but obviously it's all a matter of perspective. My temperature probably feels about the same as yours. Important point is we're both enjoying smokes on our porches!
    Well I am sure 23* is way colder feeling than what I am experiencing right now. But you are correct as long as it's warm enough to enjoy the cigar we can't complain.
  • Options
    FireRob:
    This is the same RP Decade Camaroon above. I just wanted to share how much tooth was on this wrapper with the best pic I could get from my phone. Feels like it's wrapped in 220 grit sandpaper.
    photo IMG_9153.jpg
    Like the notebook. Definitely something I would like to do, just not sure I would follow through with it.
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    FireRob:
    photo IMG_9153.jpg
    Like the notebook. Definitely something I would like to do, just not sure I would follow through with it.
    I am usually good about keeping it up. I on occasion don't get the band and my notes in there until as much as a week later and my detail memory notes don't make it in there but I always remember enough to wright next to it my scale of how good it was and weather or not I would buy it again. It's mostly just for my collection of cigar bands. Half the time my "notes" are the same for every cigar but if something stood out I put it in there
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have not smoke many good gurks but this is one of the best ive had yet ,, from enfidel in 2011

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Martino
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Gotta be Ro Ro.. that's who I got mine from that I smoked the first night.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    smoked the AJ Diesel Shorty "blue band" from Luke. Thanks again man. it was delicious!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    smoked the AJ Diesel Shorty "blue band" from Luke. Thanks again man. it was delicious!
    Pretty sure that's the Grind. Been down for a while according to Tyland. Time for you to start stocking the aged AJs stuff again?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    jliu:
    Pretty sure that's the Grind. Been down for a while according to Tyland. Time for you to start stocking the aged AJs stuff again?
    just give me some aj and redds. good to go!
  • Options
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I cant take credit for that one..i dont think..hell I dont know!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a delicious fallen angel Robusto (AJ FTW) from Tony.....that he sent me at the beginning of this year. Wish I'd have burned it sooner because it was DELISH....box worthy purchase IMO. Sorry no pic. Thanks Tony, really enjoyed this one.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bigshizza:
    I cant take credit for that one..i dont think..hell I dont know!

You know it was a good time when no one remembers where the Cigar came from lol.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    JD sent me this back in June and said to let them rest a bit. I know in JD terms that means a couple weeks and he would consider this as being well aged ;-). Can anyone tell me which La Perla Black Pearl this is? Can't find any info on a Black Pearl with a purple band.... (edit to say found it and it's the Morado) Thanks JD!

photo IMG_0838.jpg
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birthday smoke from Puff. Thanks Bro
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Like that coaster. How was the cigar?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:

Ha Ha. Didn't realize the coaster was in the pic. Enjoyed the smoke. Nice medium bodied cigar. Would definitely smoke again.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Thanks Jim. Really good.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Thanks bro. Truly awesome
  • Options
  • Options
    Woot woot, Camacho in da house! hope you enjoyed it Sherm. I am still waiting to give one of my 2014's a try....don't know what I am waiting for....but for some reason I haven't got to it yet
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Woot woot, Camacho in da house! hope you enjoyed it Sherm. I am still waiting to give one of my 2014's a try....don't know what I am waiting for....but for some reason I haven't got to it yet

Very good. I have a 2012 from Jiunn I need to try next. Thanks bro
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    roland_7707:

Ha Ha. Didn't realize the coaster was in the pic. Enjoyed the smoke. Nice medium bodied cigar. Would definitely smoke again.
    Glad you enjoyed it, Sherm!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    FireRob:

Very good. I have a 2012 from Jiunn I need to try next. Thanks bro
    I actually have 6 different years sitting in my humidor. So far the only Liberty I have actually smoked is the 2013. I think I was waiting to see if I could get any of the other years and then smoke em all consecutively (not at once of course, but over a couple weeks)
  • Options
    With a V-cut from Santa. Thanks!!