Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Evil Dead coming to television!

EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sam Raimi's "Evil Dead" has risen once again. Starz is at work on a TV series follow-up to the classic horror franchise, which kicked off in 1981 with the namesake "The Evil Dead." In the first film, we were introduced to Bruce Campbell's Ash Williams, who takes an ill-fated vacation with friends to an isolated cabin in the woods of Tennessee. Within that cabin was the Book of the Dead, which unleashed some horrific demons -- and the start of a popular movie franchise. There have been two additional "Evil Dead" movies, plus a reboot in 2013. Starz's series is going to revive Campbell's Ash Williams, "the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead," the synopsis says. "When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons -- personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its 'Evil' grip." The official title of the project is "Ash vs. Evil Dead," and Starz is planning for 10 half-hour episodes. The best news is that Campbell's back as Ash, and Raimi's on board as a writer and director. Producer Rob Tapert is also returning to executive produce with Campbell and Raimi. "'Evil Dead' has always been a blast," Raimi said in a statement. "Bruce, Rob and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ash's lame, but heroic saga. With his chainsaw arm and his 'boomstick,' Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time there's a truckload of it." Added Campbell, "I'm really excited to bring this series to the 'Evil Dead' fans worldwide -- it's going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious Deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor."

Comments

• Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Sweet wish I had cable lol
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Guess just us here lol
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. I hope it is better then the remake they did that absolutely sucked a big one. Evil Dead 2 was the absolute best.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Sweet. I hope it is better then the remake they did that absolutely sucked a big one. Evil Dead 2 was the absolute best.
    Agreed
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely watch this!!! I think its gonna be on stars movie channel.maybe thell show it after outlander so the wife and I can watch together.
    no matter where you go, there you are.