Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Echambers:
    jgibv:
    you guys and the freakin' horror movies!!! come on! that's probably the 1 genre i watch the least
    It's Halloween, man!!!
    i know your the romantic comedy guy
    guilty lol. now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go watch the princess bride.
    lmao

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Love the ROUS's
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clue one: A skeleton plays an important role.
    Clue Two: The original was remade forty years later.
    Clue Three: Genre=Horror.
    Clue Four: The surname of the protagonist in the remake was the same as the surname of the actor who played the protagonist in the original.

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    House on Haunted Hill
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    wahooschock:
    if im right its jimmyv723 to blame

What in the blue hell
    Your avatar and your comment made me think of it.

I honestly forget sometimes that I had changed my Avatar recently but that wasn't the movie anyway lol. It wasn't quite 40 years between the original and remake on that one but close. Will definitely have to remember you trying to throw me under the bus though, bahahahaha.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    wahooschock:

What in the blue hell

I honestly forget sometimes that I had changed my Avatar recently but that wasn't the movie anyway lol. It wasn't quite 40 years between the original and remake on that one but close. Will definitely have to remember you trying to throw me under the bus though, bahahahaha.
    Eh I dont mind being wrong . Lol not really my intention but if were throwing around evil laughter I may have to do some hunting for info befor the first , so I can be properly prepared. Bwah ha ha.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    wahooschock:
    jimmyv723:
    wahooschock:

What in the blue hell

Eh I dont mind being wrong . Lol not really my intention but if were throwing around evil laughter I may have to do some hunting for info befor the first , so I can be properly prepared. Bwah ha ha.

It's all good man and just giving you a hard time. The way things are for me right now I couldn't do anything anyway, but it is noted haha. Yeah Psycho was definitely a good guess and can see between those first clues and the avatar how it made you think of it. I think it was thirty something years between the original and the remake on that one though.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    House on Haunted Hill
    DING DING DING.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was House on Haunted Hill.
  • Options
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:
    House on Haunted Hill
    DING DING DING.
    Cool! I'll try to get a new clue up tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Got my winnings today:

Great selection of smokes!!! The la aroma and the air benders I love -- and the rest are icing! And I LOVE the skull. Very clever :-).

One little things bothers me though: your address seems real familiar. Have I bombed you before?
    so glad you like the sticks and the skull!!funny you should ask about my address....cause yesterday i could have said no to the have i bombed you question.but now i cant.thank you brother!! all american bombing run._original photo IMG_20141023_195446_zpsilbrhwzp.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Here we go...

Clue #1- This movie, starring one of my all-time favorite actors, was a box-office flop but was later nominated for two Academy Awards, for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Here we go...

Clue #1- This movie, starring one of my all-time favorite actors, was a box-office flop but was later nominated for two Academy Awards, for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.
    The Shawshank Redemption
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Here we go...

The Shawshank Redemption
    Nope.
  • Options
    Clue #2 - The movie is a drama revolving around the relationships in a family.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juno?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hurt Locker?
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Clue #3 - After a poor opening at the box office, this movie was released in three cities under three different titles. The original title led potential viewers to think the movie was about circus acrobatics.
  • Options
    Clue #4 - One of the main actors in this movie has also been known to spend time at Bushwood Country Club.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I think I know the actor but not the movie...dang it....
  • Options
    Clue #5 - The lead actor in this film had two movies released that year. In both of them he played characters with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    The Great Santini
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    The Great Santini
    And.... we have a winner! Nice job D_Fresh! PM me your addy, please.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    D Fresh:
    The Great Santini
    And.... we have a winner! Nice job D_Fresh! PM me your addy, please.
    Kick ass! I'll get new clues up soon.
  • Options
    OK here we go... Clue #1 The location of the movie is in a state close to the Atlantic Ocean.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    OK here we go... Clue #1 The location of the movie is in a state close to the Atlantic Ocean.
    Good will hunting
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Garden State?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Gigli?
  • Options
    Clue #2 Mary Kay has been known to visit this place
  • Options
    DC for D_Fresh... 9114901189866657414031