Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    welcome to all the newbies.....and watch out for Royln
    B... wsup with that? I don't appreciate my name being thrown around in these post lately....don't I show everyone on here enough love and attention...at some point. As long as they don't take their sticks and #bounce!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:
    B... wsup with that? I don't appreciate my name being thrown around in these post lately....don't I show everyone on here enough love and attention...at some point. As long as they don't take their sticks and #bounce!
    I'm just sayin you're "Dangerous" and "Bad"
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:
    I'm just sayin you're "Dangerous" and "Bad"
    Well in that case..carry on my good man!
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm Jimmy! New to the forum but have been smoking cigars for about 6 months now. It has quickly become my way to relax after work each night. I'm still searching for what I would consider my "go to/s" so right now I have a lot of singles laying around. They range from Acids to Gurkahs and anything in between. As for equipment I currently have all my flavored/infused cigars in a small desktop humidor, and just ordered the El Diablo for everything else that I have and plan to have in the near future.

Favorites to date are:
    Gurkha Evil XO
    5 Vegas Miami Torpedo

Infused:
    Acid Opulence 3 Toro

Looking forward to getting to know you all. If anyone is in the south jersey area I'm always willing to meet up on the weekend for a smoke and a drink!
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Lots of good information and people here, hope you stick around.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all !!
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Light up a phatty and kick back!

Aj
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the madness Jimmy!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy, you've found the right place to learn, enjoy.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the noobs!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forums crazy fun place!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys!!
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all.. New here and a pretty new to handmades.. Smoked several "gas station" cigars in my lifetime but very few handmades.. Years ago while driving truck I stopped in a trucks stop that had a very nice smoke shop inside and the very nice owner talked me into buying a tin of macanudo cafe ascotts. Damn I loved those things and ended up buying several tins from him. Well that was years ago and from time to time I thought one of them little cigars would hit the spot.. With that said I began searching to order some online but after reading a good amount of reviews saying the quality has tumbled greatly in the recent years I decided not to.. Instead I ordered 2 humidor/sampler from Cigar.com and another company.. Anxious to smoke a good cigar a friend and I head off to the closest town with a humidor (45 miles away and their humidor is about the size of a broom closet no kidding). With VERY little selection and not knowing what the heck to buy ( couldnt ask the person working there as they had no clue) I ended up grabbing 2 Macanudo Baron de Rothschild thinking that would be a safe bet to treat a friend and myself. Boy was I wrong as that thing was like sucking a mud hole through a straw. Watched and read many cigar reveiws talking about earth flavors in a cigar.. If thats earth flavor you can keep it.. I am finding I kind of steer away form cigars that have earth flavors in the discription/review.. So far that is the worst cigar ive smoked by far (if I had smoked that before I made my orders I would have not ordered thats how bad it was, was making me think quit cigars before I even started).. Not totally sold on samplers as the samples I recieved with my 2 humidor/samplers so far have less to be desired.. Ive been doing ALOT of reading and watching of reviews and kind of making a list of cigars that seem to have the flavors and such I beleive I would like and watching sales, deals and sprint for them in 5 or 10 packs.. Noticed MOST samplers appear to have 1 or 2 good sticks in them and the rest are just hoe-hum sticks to get the quantity count up. So far Ive found I dont care for Macanudo Baron de Rothschild (not at all) Cohiba red dot robusto (had 2 letting the other rest awhile, may give it to my friend) Sancho Panza (didnt finish it.. does anybody?)... the ones that were OK have been a Hoyo de Monterrey, and Gurhka beauty (didnt finish it as got bored with it, but wasnt bad) and a couple others.. Thinking I will really dig those that have transitions of coffee (LOVE my coffee) coco, espresso, leather and chocolate..
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fourm wildcat. Hopefully you stick around, there's a lot of good reviews and cigar knowledge around here.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Welcome
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hola!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Hi there~

I'm "Femme." I have always loved the aroma of cigars, but hadn't smoked one until I met my significant other a couple of years ago. My favorites are mild and sweet, and enjoy a cigar about once per week.

I have read through some of the information and advice on this site and, so far, I have found the recommendations for cigars to be the most helpful!

I won't post much, but I plan to read other posts as much as I can.
  • Options
    Welcome to the mad house.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    NwCigarFemme:
    Hi there~ I'm "Femme." I have always loved the aroma of cigars, but hadn't smoked one until I met my significant other a couple of years ago. My favorites are mild and sweet, and enjoy a cigar about once per week. I have read through some of the information and advice on this site and, so far, I have found the recommendations for cigars to be the most helpful! I won't post much, but I plan to read other posts as much as I can.
    It's a girl! Runaway! Cooties!

Welcome to the classiest place on the internet.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Hello all.. I'm jordan from WV and have been a casual cigar smoker for the past few years but I recently bought a humidor and am starting to build my collection. I've read some good stuff on here the past few days so I decided to join.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Jsav33:
    Hello all.. I'm jordan from WV and have been a casual cigar smoker for the past few years but I recently bought a humidor and am starting to build my collection. I've read some good stuff on here the past few days so I decided to join.
    Welcome. Lots of great information around here and even better people!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Jsav33! Glad to have you on the forums. What part of the Mountain State are you from?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome guys and gals! Enjoy your stay
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big hearty welcome to the new folks. I have not been around much and I'm checking back in with this thread and there's quite a few new guys and a girl? Welcome to the best cigar club on the net. Message me for the newsletter. We'll have to get a new volume printed up for the new crowd.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Welcome, Jsav33! Glad to have you on the forums. What part of the Mountain State are you from?

Thanks for the welcoming.. From the northern panhandle.. About 20 miles south of Pittsburgh.. Looking forward to learning some new things on this site
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Jsav33:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Thanks for the welcoming.. From the northern panhandle.. About 20 miles south of Pittsburgh.. Looking forward to learning some new things on this site
    Steelers fan?
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt everyone a Steelers fan?..lol