Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Do you even breakfast, bro?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Do you eat breakfast or not? If so, what do you normally eat?I'm usually not hungry at breakfast time, and Monday-Friday I can go without eating until dinner. Horrible I know. I'm looking in to getting stuff to make a shake, or really just anything so that I take in something for breakfast.

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a protein shake kinda guy for breakfast. I like the Muscle Milk powder with milk, or a bottle of pre made if I'm on the road.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    All I have time for is coffee.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoothie/shake. Frozen fruit with soy or almond milk and a scoop of protein powder. That Nutribullet is worth its weight in gold if you will be making shakes. You can put the ingredients in the night before and put in the fridge. 2 seconds to buzz it up, screw the lid on and go.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I dont... usually coffee. I dont really wake up until about 10am anyways.

Aj
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually coffee then cereal then more coffee. I literally blend my own breakfast cereal. Nothing complicated. I just combine two types to get what I want. And, every now and then I'll have eggs and stuff.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Smoothie/shake. Frozen fruit with soy or almond milk and a scoop of protein powder. That Nutribullet is worth its weight in gold if you will be making shakes. You can put the ingredients in the night before and put in the fridge. 2 seconds to buzz it up, screw the lid on and go.
    For weight loss?
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Have never really been into breakfast, really never eat breakfast or lunch
    Used to have coffee every day - and a doughnut on payday when I would bring a box and hand em out with the paychecks
    Mostly just water in the morning (coffee = reflux now), iced tea during the day, then a good dinner with a soda/tea/milk or maybe just more water, unless I have some good Beer :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Coffee just for me but I do start eating at work right away as I have to eat every two hours. I hate eating breakfast during the week. I think it's because breakfast food tastes better at night.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Weekdays I suck on a banana and wash it down with a cup of coffee. Weekends I do something elaborate involving eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and cheese. Either by themselves, in an omelet, on a muffin, or in a tortilla with (real not from a jar) salsa. If I don't make those, I'll do pancakes or waffles. And coffee. Always coffee.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    Used to have coffee every day
    Mostly just water in the morning (coffee = reflux now)

Have you tried Nexium or Prevacid or something similar? Good for acid control.

Since my surgery I have to take higher-octane acid controllers twice a day. I hate reflux. Nothing in the world tastes worse or burns your larynx worse.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee during the week. I try for a big breakfast on the weekends usually a brunch type thing. Bacon and eggs with bacon and home fries, or bacon and biscuits and bacon with sausage gravy or bacon and pancakes or bacon and waffles with stewed fruit. Sometimes just bacon sandwiches with bacon on the side.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Get up 4:30-5:00 have a cup of coffee, get things going. After I "go", another 2 cups of coffee and a cigar. Shower, then a bowl of Cherrios off to work for 7:45. 2nd breakfast about 9:00-9:30 at work, usually bacon, eggs, home fries and toast, 1 more cup of coffee.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually skip breakfast or eat around 12. I don't drink coffee or really much of anything in the morning.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six AM coffee first ,16oz from a press. Then a fried egg and a slice of tomato wrapped in a small corn tortilla. Gets me going till around 11:30AM
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually a Bannana and coffee

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    I suck on a banana.
    i bet u do
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Try to, usually something easy to eat at my desk. Fruit in the summer, lots of oatmeal and toast in the winter.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Usually just coffee, sometimes I'll have cereal with my 3 y/o grandson.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    WaltBasil:
    I suck on a banana.
    i bet u do

Noticed that too, Freudian slip?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I can't drink coffee on an empty stomach, and it's essential to start my day.

I usually eat a small sausage and biscuit sandwich.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    rsherman24:
    For weight loss?

Yeah, Its a healthy quick start. I use the unsweetened almond milk and frozen fruit. Tastes great and gets me through to lunch. I have Kale in the garden I keep threatening to use, but haven't got to it yet.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    MorganGeo:
    WaltBasil:
    I suck on a banana.
    i bet u do

Noticed that too, Freudian slip?
    Now that you mention it... it might explain why people look at me funny.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coffee & a big glass of water everyday

and on weekdays : cold cereal (or oatmeal if it's really cold out) & fruit
    weekends : anything & everything. eggs, sausages, bacon, pastries, pancakes, waffles --- you name it

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *