Home General Discussion
Options

So there I am, casually hanging out in a cigar bar

while on a business trip in San Fran. There are two guys sitting at the bar across from where I'm standing and we casually strike up a conversation. Ok, that's not true. They were entirely uninterested in me, but seemed particularly interested in my tall blonde female colleague who was smoking a cigar like an expert. So we start chatting and getting our backgrounds down... and I'll be damned if these two random dudes aren't Trident and jliu. I turn to my work colleague and say, "Hey, I know these two dudes from the internet!" These wonderful gentlemen then took time out of their busy schedule to ignore me and instruct the pretty blonde girl on all the nuances of cigars. Such magnanimous fellows. She's now hooked and plans to join the forum. Roman and June, great to meet you two in person. June, I'm back up in Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. We'll plan to join you if you are around.

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Hey Noah, good to see you back on here! Wow, what small world!
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    this is very true. She was dressed to the 9, but the first thing i did notice was the wedding ring. and in all fairness, the reason we ignored you was the pink shirt...i mean, really...a pink shirt in a cigar bar...on a dude. geez...

That being said, it was great times and awesome to meet you.

photo 100MEDIAIMAG0431.jpg

I Think jiun looks hammered...We did have some amazing scotch and bourbon and Japanese whiskey that ngiht though. But the waitress could have been better
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sorry to say if you look like most of us I don't blames them at all for "zeroing in" on your companion. Sigh, life is what it is.

But I do believe it was outstanding that you run into the both of them completely out of the blue. Karma can be good.

But mixing alcohol.....Karma can be bad.
  • Options
    thats very true...its all about having fun. and we definitely did that night.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Roman, I do believe your assessment of June to be accurate, given that he left most of a glass of cask-strength whisky sitting on the bar for me to finish. And chicks dig the pink shirt! So you're right... probably not the best choice for a cigar bar sausage fest.
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Hey Noah, good to see you back on here! Wow, what small world!
    Good to see you, too! It's been ages. Time for me to join back in the fun.
  • Options
    lets analyze...Going to a cigar bar in a pink shirt where chics will "dig it." and the girl on your arm = married. Sounds like a win win situation to me...but apart from that, you actually may have made the right choice because there was the highest men to women ratio i have seen at a cigar bar...

all I know is, it was definitely good times. Chicago is next. have already started the planning phases. bring jamie too
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I for one was not looking at that girl. I was looking at Noah's bulging biceps. Nice clean shaven head as well.
    for sure let me know when you guys come back to the bay area!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It truly is a small world.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    With out pics it never happened.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Does the pic in post 3 not count?
  • Options
    No_one21:
    FireRob:
    I think he wants noah to send him some biceps and bald head photos. and you prob should share them with jiun also.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    FireRob:
    "What did you post tomorrow? "
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliu:
    I for one was not looking at that girl. I was looking at Noah's bulging biceps. Nice clean shaven head as well.
    for sure let me know when you guys come back to the bay area!
    It's true, you really do have impeccable taste in all things.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is just awesome.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    No_one21:
    FireRob:
    I swear that was not there when I posted, just a small blue box. My phone is wierd sometimes but I can see the picture now
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Truth can be stranger then fiction. Pic prove it happened as well. Always a crazy story going on somewhere. Glad you had a great time...shame i missed it. :(
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that could have made this any better is if all you guys were wearing the same pink shirt. Awesome story and very cool.
  • Options
    my raging biceps wouldn't fit in it...oh wait, i mean my belly. same thing, right?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    No_one21:
    FireRob:
    I swear that was not there when I posted, just a small blue box. My phone is wierd sometimes but I can see the picture now

um...er...need some meds?
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    FireRob:
    No_one21:
    FireRob:

um...er...need some meds?
    I am good now, can see the picture clear as day
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow the shirt does stand out like a sore thumb!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    A guy built like a *** brick house could wear a hello kitty shirt and it wouldn't matter... dude you are a cigar smoker...u need to work on the gut and get with it. But that being said .what a small fkn world, that's awesome
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Ok here's the chick's input: 1. The shirt was more of a coral than pink. Had orangey undertones, therefore totally manly. 2. Noah could wear sparkles and still pull it off. Especially in San Francisco. 3. I think I need to lift more often if biceps are more impressive than tight black dresses and super high heels! Noah, hook me up with your lifting program.
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Welcome aboard, Unicorn! I can't get over how much you resemble Helen Hunt in that bar pic (or she resembles you :) hehe) . Have you ever gotten that before?
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    Never, but thank you!!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Jilu has a wonderfully sinister look on his face.... i wonder whats running through that mind....

Aj
  • Options
    It might've had something to do with the guy taking our picture who looked like an Italian mobster.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    It might've had something to do with the guy taking our picture who looked like an Italian mobster.
    too many sheriffs for one saloon?

Aj