Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

3,000th Post "Pass" FTW - Progress Reported

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck:
    4:15 am The journey begins! Started with the original MOW, as I have not had it before, and wanted my pallet to be fresh. Did I enjoy it? Oh yeah!imageimageNext was the Virtue, around 5:30. Another great smoke!imageimage More to follow!
    And the finale! Ruination, FTW! Always awesome, and one of my favorites. image Ken Light 3000th Post MOW FTW Badge completed, 08/10/2014! Thanks Ken!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the Ruination Nub! Didn't come through in the last post!image
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    This thread is officially awesome as are all of you for making it that way. Huge kudos to puff for pointing out that MoW should have been the MoW Vice. Virtue, Vice, and Ruination is amazing. And extra credit!!!
    Was it actually called Vice at one time or was that just a nickname?
  • Options
    cbuck:
    And the Ruination Nub! Didn't come through in the last post!image
    Nicely done. FTW
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Puff_Dougie:
    CharlieHeis:
    Daaammnn
    I was planning to go for a fiver. Had an OCC waiting in the wings. But I couldn't pull the trigger.
    I can't believe you did extra credit. You da man! Living up to your name

Yeah no kidding... Towards the end I was considering maybe doing the Puro Authentico after the Ruination because I was feeling great still. After I took the final pic of the Ruination and took the last puff it hit me hard and I said nope, that's it haha.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Ken Light:
    This thread is officially awesome as are all of you for making it that way. Huge kudos to puff for pointing out that MoW should have been the MoW Vice. Virtue, Vice, and Ruination is amazing. And extra credit!!!
    I'd not heard it before Doug said it...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go, Charlie, Go!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    CharlieHeis:
    Ken Light:
    I'd not heard it before Doug said it...
    Yeah... I don't think it's an official name. It just jumped into my head when I was trying to think of how to title the pics from the second stick. Virtue... Vice... Ruination seemed like the perfect progression.

Thanks again, Ken, for an awesome way to commemorate your 3000th post!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    From a MOW bomb Rain sent a while back.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    So what has everyone been doing while smoking? I'm pretty sure I just watched Skyrim Let's Plays (shout out to De Facto Man!) and watched the sky.
  • Options
    Rain:
    So what has everyone been doing while smoking? I'm pretty sure I just watched Skyrim Let's Plays (shout out to De Facto Man!) and watched the sky.
    Just surfing the net and cleaning up the dvr. Nothing special.
  • Options
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    was that the special edition figurado? If so, that's two ruination wrappers in a day, hahahaha, a little extra credit.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    CharlieHeis:
    was that the special edition figurado? If so, that's two ruination wrappers in a day, hahahaha, a little extra credit.
    No, but you've got me thinking I should revisit that one. Only had one and it was early in my newbness.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Well i did it!! DIdin't do too well at the softball tourney, but completed my quest!

Started our 11pm game off with The Virtue photo D3BC4284-3B42-4A9D-A766-98BE8E6EC2B7_zps41timjk2.jpg

pretty much nubbed it

photo 308C4E05-6C48-49E6-A8F9-E651E839C5A3_zpstq5haytm.jpg

Moved to the main line MOW for for the break between games:

photo 81201EA7-C9DC-44A7-9FD0-5155279895D6_zpsjam7gk5r.jpg

Didn't end up nubbing it because we had a long inning in the field and it would have been tough to relight

photo 35A9E4DA-1A9A-495C-90DE-76196B2A5656_zpshbetjhw5.jpg

Finished with the Ruination at our final game:

photo B020F42E-8855-48A8-99C3-11E626BA782D_zpscujdcd1i.jpg

Same thing happened with the runiation....long inning in the field. (it was a trend throughout the day)

photo 9CD5A2DF-CADD-4595-B7E5-C95C5E95D078_zpssbiadija.jpg

It was a great test of the palette. I assumed that mine would be shot and by the time the ruination got around i wouldn't be able to enjoy it, but that wasn't the case.

Ken, thanks for the supplies to complete this quest. It was fun!
  • Options
    Brian FTW!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Sat on the front porch for rounds 1 and 2, drank a couple Sam Adams Rebel IPAs, and surfed the forums. V-herfed rounds 3 and 4 with ejgorman and avengethis... and drank a couple more Rebel IPAs.
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Rain:
    Sat on the front porch for rounds 1 and 2, drank a couple Sam Adams Rebel IPAs, and surfed the forums. V-herfed rounds 3 and 4 with ejgorman and avengethis... and drank a couple more Rebel IPAs.
    That rebel IPA is good. I had one of them on draft a couple months ago. Really really good.
  • Options
    Had to take a break for a family function. I'm back with round 3.
  • Options
  • Options
    FTW
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Rain:

Watched some episodes from Season 3 of Continuum on Netflix and jumped around looking at different cigar stuff and on here as well.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CharlieHeis FTW!!! Nice job, brother!
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    FTW
    Hell yeah, nice job!!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completed the challenge today. Here is my proof! (in order of completion)
    image image image image image image image image image image
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Way to go Brad! FTW!