Home General Discussion
Options

just out of curiosity...

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
How many of you guys are cigarette smokers? How often? What are some of your favorite cigars?

Comments

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Tried a cigarette once when I was about 10 and nearly coughed up a lung. Never touched one again.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I count every cigarette I've smoked in my entire life on one hand ...... That is all. I find it completely repulsive!!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    How many of you guys are cigarette smokers? How often? What are some of your favorite cigars?
    also, do you inhale cigars?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked just over two packs a day for almost a decade. During this time I would have about five to ten cigars a year. When I quit cigarettes I felt like shi so after about two months of that feeling I had a cigar and felt great. Figured cigars were better, never looked back, and cigars are way better.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    also, do you inhale cigars?
    I don't inhale when I smoke cigars or pipes. That one time with the cigarette was enough lol.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Was a 3 pack a day smoker for 19-20 years (3 pack a day only for the last 5 or so)
    Also was way more accepted back in the 80's & 90's, could smoke almost anywhere
    Smoked Lucky Strikes & Camel non filter, have been around union painters/drywallers/carpenters/roofers from birth that thought it was great that the "kid" was smoking on the job with them :/ (was 12 when I started, they would hand them out to me like Pez all day - along with an Old Milwaukee and a bag of peanuts at the end of the day before job site cleanup)
    When I hit my 30's I decided to quit (wife and me both, she started in high school) was pretty easy really, the habit of just having a smoke in my hands/hanging out of my mouth all day was the only real hard part to break, solved that by keeping tooth picks or a carpenters pencil handy
    Started smoking Hooka with a few guys about 5 years ago just before I injured my back, loved the flavors (didn't inhale though) and stopped after the injury
    Then right about 3-4 years ago (don't remember exactly though because all the meds I was on from 2009 to 2013 don't let me remember much at all) A friend took me to the local B&M here to get me out of the house a bit & to try a cigar, Have been loving it since (and No, don't inhale - 2 or 3 times per cigar I will retro but thats about it)
    Still love the local shops sticks, but also love:
    Vegas Triple-A, San Lotano Bull, Sosa Third Harvest, Torano Loyal, Oliva Master Blends, & others like those, and many more of those makers sticks, pretty much anything in the full range thats not to dull throughout
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never smoked. I chewed for 10 years but quit so I could enjoy cigars. Wife still thinks I'm killing myself but I've quit a lot of other things and chew wasn't that hard. I love the variety of cigars and that never gets old. My faves are DPG/MF, AF, Viaje, MOW.... Too many to name.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Started smoking cigars to quit cigarettes about 3 years ago. Smoked about 1 pack a day then, smoke 3 cigs a day now but only at work. Still need that crutch at work. Find myself not inhaling cigs as much now too when I do smoke one. Think I can do it, just keep swinging.
    Cigars, I smoke 1 in the morning with my coffee, usually a MOW Virtue or Vegas Classic, sometimes freeball it. After work smoke 1 cigar always, and 1 after supper usually. Weekends off like to mix it up, maybe have a Fuente day or whatever, life in the fast-lane. Have lots of favorites but most consumed would be: MOW's, Vegas's, and Pepin's. Recently went through my cigar bands and old boxes and I couldn't believe how many of these I have smoked.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently about a pack a day smoker. Wish I could say I wasn't. Maybe there is something to the cigar quiting method. Might have to give that a try. I currently enjoy on avg 5-6 cigars a week I guess. Also depends on the weather as well. We have been fortunate with nice weather lately but tough to really enjoy a good stick when you have a 4 yr old running around like a mad man as you have seen On The herf. It too is a crutch for me at work with the crazy stressful job I tell myself I enjoy so much. Current favs are oliva cohiba diesel cao hell I like most of them lol.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I smoke cigs about half a pack a day... Trying to quit but with my job it's tough! But I'm a camel light guy
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cigs, just cigars and a pipe.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked Marlboro Red's about a pack a day. Quit about a year and a half ago. I don't inhale cigars, but I do think it is still somewhat of a crutch. I don't get cravings for cigs anymore, but when I did I would just think about enjoying a good cigar later that night. Now I just really enjoy cigars.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    I used to smoke them..menthol and then started smoking cloves....those were a bit on the wild side as it was like drinking a pot of coffee...felt like my eyes were bulging out. Now, it's just pipes and cigars and mystery rolled tobacco.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Smoked cigarettes until my wedding day (coming up on 3 yrs). Just so happened that my FIL gave me a box of cigars at the wedding reception. That started me on cigars and haven't looked back. Have tried to smoke a cigarette a couple different times since then and quite honestly I thought they tasted like SH*T. So now that I am smoking stogies less, I've noticed that I have started to lose my palate and cant pull the flavors out like I used to when I was smoking 3-5 a week. I may have 1-2 a month now.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Tried a cigarette once when I was about 10 and nearly coughed up a lung. Never touched one again.
    same here

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am...almost one pack a day. Camel light.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to chew tobacco, but always found cigarettes disgusting.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the input! I was mainly curious to see if there was a relationship between cigarette smokers and level of nicotine enjoyed in a cigar. Doesn't seem like there is.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    jimmyv723:
    same here
    A Chris sighting..good to see you on the forums brother.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Thanks guys for the input! I was mainly curious to see if there was a relationship between cigarette smokers and level of nicotine enjoyed in a cigar. Doesn't seem like there is.

being a smoker I think we can tolerate stronger cigars better...ie I can smoke a lfd dl chisel at 9am with no food and feel fine. Also I can count on one hand how many cigars actually gave me a nic kick
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    jliu:

being a smoker I think we can tolerate stronger cigars better...ie I can smoke a lfd dl chisel at 9am with no food and feel fine. Also I can count on one hand how many cigars actually gave me a nic kick
    ahh. makes sense. I'm not a cigarette smoker and am very sensitive to nicotine. I'm actually scared to smoke LFDs these days bc it might put me on my bums haha
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I could count the number of cigarettes I've ever had on one hand. Never liked them. I enjoy a good cigar, but am also sensitive to nicotine. Have had my butt handed to me a few times LOL
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I smoke cigarettes. I hate the taste. I was told many time that if I can stop smoking cigarettes then I will enjoy smoking cigars even more. I love cigars and don't know how much more I can enjoy it even if I stop smoking cigarettes-:) Its hard to stop smoking cigarettes for an unknown reason or maybe I enjoy smoke whatever form it comes with.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    I don't know why I smoke cigarettes. I hate the taste. I was told many time that if I can stop smoking cigarettes then I will enjoy smoking cigars even more. I love cigars and don't know how much more I can enjoy it even if I stop smoking cigarettes-:) Its hard to stop smoking cigarettes for an unknown reason or maybe I enjoy smoke whatever form it comes with.
    my brother in law claims that he's not addicted to the cigarette itself, but the act of smoking instead
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I smoke when i'm deployed on the ship. It's a stress reliever. On shore i dont with the exception of if i'm doing any heavy drinking and cigarettes are around, i'll fire up a few.