Home General Discussion
Options

Busted By The Wife!!! :-(

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Well I am out of town for the week working at a Boy Scout camp while the poor wife is home with all the little curtain climbers and tricycle motors (three kids under three years old) trying to keep them from killing eachother. Let's just say she wasn't too thrilled with the idea knowing how much fun I'd be having while she was not to begin with. While I am gone she has been opening my mail and sending me pictures of what was inside then putting them in the freezer for me (very sweet of her) First three days I was gone, no biggy, got a package from member and as far as she knows it's just a trade/gift. Then today I get a devil site package that has a receipt in side. She sends me a friendly text with the picture of it's contents and says "I am sure you got a good deal on these but..." and then reminds me that this is suposed to be a hobby and that $103 is a tank of gas. I was just glad it was that much and not one of the orders with a box or two along with a couple 5vers and a lot bigger receipt.

So yep, got to cut back and/or come up with new excuses. That and do something sweet for her when I get home. That and make sure I hide/destroy all my receipts that are stacked up behind my "on deck" humidor before she finds those and really knows everything.

Comments

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Oh Snap... Like you said though, at least it wasn't a bigger order.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh many know your pain. I try to intercept the mail at all costs and yes, smuggle in the contents. Good luck and let her have a girl's night out.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Ohhhhh many know your pain. I try to intercept the mail at all costs and yes, smuggle in the contents. Good luck and let her have a girl's night out.

+1
    If you do, make sure you text her when she is out saying how much trouble you are having with the kids, don't know how you do it, all that stuff. Get the house in order so when she comes home, there you are, rode hard and put up wet, but everything is done and she will probably feel sorry for you too. It's your only hope, lol
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya' I know the feeling their brother! You could always send it to yourself as a gift and it won't have a receipt inside.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad week to send you a bomb with a fake receipt I guess.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't know if we can afford these cigars..." She says, as she empties 40 more cans of cat food, 10 packs of cigarettes, 8 2-liter bottles of Mello-Yello, 10 lbs of hamburger destined for the dogs belly, and packs up for her weekly 350 mile round trip to see her mom.

yeah, I know your pain
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rookie

:)
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    rookie

:)

rsherman24:
    Bad week to send you a bomb with a fake receipt I guess.

Both of these really made me laugh!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    That and do something sweet for her when I get home. .
    You should always do something sweet for her.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that my wife is enjoying cigars with me the spending doesn't need to be hidden as much...except when its one of those $180 boxes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Ask for gift receiipts :)
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    FireRob:
    That and do something sweet for her when I get home. .
    You should always do something sweet for her.
    +1

Do something extra sweet.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    ckrddsmke:
    Ask for gift receiipts :)
    +1
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Did you say that your wife puts the cigars in the freezer for you? That isn't a good idea...

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In future, have them deliver to you at work.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a wife to worry about, but not having a voice of reason isn't always a good thing.
    Krieg:
    Did you say that your wife puts the cigars in the freezer for you? That isn't a good idea...
    Please explain, Krieg. I have been freezing mine recently on advice from catfishbluezz. PM me if you don't want to be a thread jacker like me.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I don't have a wife to worry about, but not having a voice of reason isn't always a good thing.
    Krieg:
    Please explain, Krieg. I have been freezing mine recently on advice from catfishbluezz. PM me if you don't want to be a thread jacker like me.
    Well, maybe he meant that wives should not be trusted to do the job properly. LOL But there's nothing wrong with freezing your sticks to kill beetles. The basics ( for me) are four days at zero degrees. Squeeze the excess air from the ziplock bags. That's pretty much it. Oh, and a half day in he fridge before and after. Pretty simple. Lots of peace of mind.