Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A scripture a day keeps the devil at bay.

Comments

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    11 Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you. 12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: 13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. 1 Thess 3:11-13 (KJV)
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Many times were man Blessed, but few the times of Redemption.

Indeed. Redemption, prior to the coming of the One Savior in the fullness of time, could never be accomplished, but only pre-figured.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

And... though the words concerning the seed of the woman were spoken TO the serpent, they were spoken CONCERNING the redemption of mankind.

Blessings to you, my friend.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    RBeckom:
    Many times were man Blessed, but few the times of Redemption.

Indeed. Redemption, prior to the coming of the One Savior in the fullness of time, could never be accomplished, but only pre-figured.

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

And... though the words concerning the seed of the woman were spoken TO the serpent, they were spoken CONCERNING the redemption of mankind.

Blessings to you, my friend.

I found your book, but sadly for now can not afford it, but it is on my list.

• Options
    You state that:
    And that is absolutely the truth and that is exactly where the Scape Goat had to be used because it's blood was not shed, it was released alive to carry forth the sins of mankind.

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Dane, brilliant thread you came up with.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thanks man!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Mathew 12:47-50
    47. Then one said unto him, behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
    48. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?
    49. And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren.
    50. For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RBeckom:

PM your addy, Rodney. I've got an extra copy I can send you.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Doug.. I believe his address is in his forum name line. I know Rodney will certainly appreciate the gift.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey Doug.. I believe his address is in his forum name line. I know Rodney will certainly appreciate the gift.
    Aaahhh... so it is, Kasper! Thanks!
  • Options
    Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
  • Options
    1Timothy 6:11-12
    11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
    12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou are also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    Amen sir!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    kaspera79:
    Aaahhh... so it is, Kasper! Thanks!

And it will be GREATLY APPRECIATED and Treasured my friend! I admire your Devotion for few are the times that Biblical reference can be discussed in a calm and rational manor.

This is undoubtedly one of the best threads I have had the privilege of participating in and to roland_7707, thanks for having the courage to start this one, it is a Blessing anytime The Word is spread no matter the what the medium!

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Awesome thread Dane, and love reading the discussions! Thanks fellas!
  • Options
    21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matt 5:21-22 (KJV)

• Options
    RBeckom:

Package in the mail tomorrow, sir. Blessings to you!
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    RBeckom:

Package in the mail tomorrow, sir. Blessings to you!

Your kindness will be rewarded with an in-depth analysis from what I learn from your teachings from me directly to you. Thank you good Sir.

• Options
    Hebrews 13:1-3 Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.
  • Options
    2 Corinthians 4:8-12
    8. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
    9. Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
    10. Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body
    11. For which we live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
    12. So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Matt 24:4-13 (KJV)

• Options
    Just saw the thread view count and could not let that number stand!
    So, BUMP!

• Options
    RBeckom:
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:1-4 (KJV)

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:5-10 (KJV)

This is a well thought out thread and long overdue in my book!
    Congratulations on being the one who started it my friend!
    Pardon my addition to your post but to paraphrase, always start at the beginning.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    So, BUMP!

IF it was because it was at 666, I shake my head at the sad state of popular Biblical interpretation. First, because it's probably meant to be 616. Second, because it's just overblown in American Christianity. The symbolism just isn't as sinister or as deep as most people think it is. Check out these three posts from an expert on Asia Minor (location of the seven churches):
    http://richardoster.com/tag/gematria/
    It's kind of technical, but worth the 15 minutes.

Sorry if I took this way too seriously. Sometimes the 666 reference is thrown out in jest, but I've seen it taken WAYyyyyyy too seriously.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Job 19:25-27 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes-- I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
  • Options
    Psalms 16:11
    Thou wilt shew me the path of life: In thy presence is fullness of joy; At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Martel:
    RBeckom:
    So, BUMP!

IF it was because it was at 666, I shake my head at the sad state of popular Biblical interpretation. First, because it's probably meant to be 616. Second, because it's just overblown in American Christianity. The symbolism just isn't as sinister or as deep as most people think it is. Check out these three posts from an expert on Asia Minor (location of the seven churches):

Sorry if I took this way too seriously. Sometimes the 666 reference is thrown out in jest, but I've seen it taken WAYyyyyyy too seriously.

Every one has their belief on that particular number, I would not let it stand for my reasons, for others who were offended by my bump, I apologize but certain numbers have a strong meaning to me, personally, so I did what I felt best.
    Again for me and for MY reasons.

• Options
    My personal reason:

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev 13:11-18 (KJV)
    Threescore being translated means sixty, the three numbers together represent 666.

• Options
    16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev 22:16-19 (KJV)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Martel:
    RBeckom:
    So, BUMP!

Every one has their belief on that particular number, I would not let it stand for my reasons, for others who were offended by my bump, I apologize but certain numbers have a strong meaning to me, personally, so I did what I felt best.
    Again for me and for MY reasons.

It didn't offend, sorry if it came across that way. I hope I didn't offend you. I just don't think every time I see 666 (or 616, whichever may be, or both) I have to panic. It's just a shorthand name for a man-not the beast, not an anti-Christ (a word that never appears in Revelation, and is always plural when it does appear elsewhere). I don't think the number and the mark are the same thing, but I don't get crazy about trying to figure out what the mark is. I don't think it's barcodes or chips like they put in dogs or little green men flying around in black helicopters or drones tagging us with some kind of something or other. I also happen to think this particular passage is less prophetic and more historical. But like you said, there's lots of interpretations. As far as the number goes, it spells a name. "Neron Kaisar" is 666 in gematria. "Nero Kaisar" is 616 (so either points to the same person. Of course you can also turn Domitian or Lateinos into 666 as well.

By the way, the best book, ever, on Revelation is by Mark Wilson, "Charts on the Book of Revelation." Great teaching resource. The six page chart on allusions in Rev. to the OT and other literature is amazing.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.