Home General Discussion
Options

I hate to sound like a a....

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
But why do people try to brag about smoking acids and all the rest of that crap!! Not here but fb mostly...it kills me!! Really smoke a real cigar! I really hate DE for what they have done to cigars and well wtf is wrong with people!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Smoke what you like, let others smoke what they like, and revel in the fact that more cigar smokers leads to nice things for both sets? (like more lounges, B&M's, and competition in the market)
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm more of a Camel Crush kinda guy. Don't you judge me Lee Mcglynn
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a white owl man myself...lol...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Imma crab apple strawberry moon pie swisher guy myself ;)
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    i hate YOU. jk. I love you and your bacon wrapped lips <3
  • Options
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    i hate YOU. jk. I love you and your bacon wrapped lips
    hey now who's got the bacon??? Count me in ;)
  • Options
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    haha how easily the threads I'm involved in turns into crappola talk. <3
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'm wondering how a bacon flavored cigar would go over?
  • Options
    beatnic:
    i bet Reyes would try it hell ill try it
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I'm wondering why there isn't a bacon DE acid line.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for DE, things in this industry would be a lot different, and not for the better. Ccom's #1 selling line is DE Acid. They really changed how cigars were viewed and marketed by a whole subculture (no reference intended). They have a massive factory that supports a ton of people. Under Steve Saka, they've released some of the best received premium blends on the market with the Liga Privada. I don't smoke Swisher Sweets but they got me in to enjoying premium hand rolled cigars.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    haha how easily the threads I'm involved in turns into crappola talk.
    go log on your TJ3K account
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    I am NOT freakin TJ3K. I only have one other screen name and that one only comes out once a year. gosh
  • Options
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    I am NOT freakin TJ3K. I only have one other screen name and that one only comes out once a year. gosh
    Hmm would that be EG????
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    dennisking:
    If it wasn't for DE, things in this industry would be a lot different, and not for the better. Ccom's #1 selling line is DE Acid. They really changed how cigars were viewed and marketed by a whole subculture (no reference intended). They have a massive factory that supports a ton of people. Under Steve Saka, they've released some of the best received premium blends on the market with the Liga Privada. I don't smoke Swisher Sweets but they got me in to enjoying premium hand rolled cigars.
    +1
  • Options
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Medic45:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I hate Cohibas
    Hmm would that be EG????
    F no. Screw those guys right in the pooper
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Lee.mcglynn:
    But why do people try to brag about smoking acids and all the rest of that crap!! Not here but fb mostly...it kills me!! Really smoke a real cigar! I really hate DE for what they have done to cigars and well wtf is wrong with people!
    I know exactly what to bomb you with now. LOL
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    dennisking:
    Well said!
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    danielruas:
    dennisking:
    Well said!
    DE's acid brand got my father in law into cigars who got me into cigars. I keep several on hand to introduce friends to cigars. More often than not they continue to enjoy them. They will try more offering from DE and then start moving in to more traditional blends. I smoke one when I want something diff and I will always purchase a few incase some one wants to try a cigar but is hesitant. I have never once had any one toss it early. They make a quality product that appeals to a much larger segment of the market.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Go work in a shop for a day, weekend, etc... You'll be amazed how many folks buy infused. Once they get hooked, it's very easy to explain to them they are paying for someone to dip a cigar in incense, while for the same price they can spend their money on high quality tobacco. As long as you steer them right, they convert rather easily.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    Great points made, Dennis.

I became interested in DE not long after I got into cigars because of their diverse portfolio, a portfolio that has only continued to expand. I favored Perdomo back then and I still like a lot of their products, so I didn't get as into DE early on as I am starting to be now. Their diversity with respect to both price point and blending arguably gets a lot of people into cigars who may not have otherwise.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    +2 Quality wise- I don't think I have had a bad stick from the LP line. Thumbs up for their QC program as a company. Flavor wise- Some lines I really enjoy & others are not my cup of tea Infused---Only smoked the Tabak line & I enjoy it from time to time. I think the aroma given off is more pleasant to non-smokers and therefore less offensive to be around. I know my daughter loves the smell, and anything that will entice a teenager to sit & talk with her parent is always a welcomed.
  • Options
    I'm a noob, but I'm gonna weigh in here, anyway. I started smoking cigars seriously about 4 months ago. Since the, I've tried lots of brands and blends, including Acid. Some cigars I liked, some I didn't. I've sought advice from some vets. Most of them (except some real snobs) told me to try a lot of different things and smoke what I like. That's what I did, and still do. BTW I like some Acids and don't like others.