Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Ten Commandments ?
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Jungle Book is based on an ancient book? Didn't know that, which one?

Oh, and nope and nope.
  • Options
    Hint 2: a beloved animated character shares the name of the ancient author.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Doh! I can think of a ton of movies based on the writings of this guy. I'm gonna go with O Brother, Where Art Thou? It's the Coen Brothers adaptation of the Odyssey, anyway. I've gotta figure I'm on the right track as far as author, at least.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    perkinke:
    Doh! I can think of a ton of movies based on the writings of this guy. I'm gonna go with O Brother, Where Art Thou? It's the Coen Brothers adaptation of the Odyssey, anyway. I've gotta figure I'm on the right track as far as author, at least.

BINGO! You must be bonafide. PM me your addy and I'll ship a little something to ya.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Martel:
    perkinke:

BINGO! You must be bonafide. PM me your addy and I'll ship a little something to ya.
    Doh! That clue went right over my head Homer just never entered my mind. Nicely done.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Martel:
    perkinke:

Great movie. I couldn't resist answering this one. I'll have to think about a trivia for a bit. I'm moving next week, so how about once I get settled in, I PM you the new address. We sign the lease on Saturday, but I'm not sure when utilities can go in our name. As soon as they switch over, we get the keys. If I can get it done today, I'll send you the address.

Now I want a Donut (said in my best Homer voice but in classical Greek).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Okay, here's clue #1...my high school marching band played music from the score to this movie twice, once while my sister was in the band and once while I was in the band.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    star wars
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Martel:
    perkinke:
    Martel:
    perkinke:

Great movie. I couldn't resist answering this one. I'll have to think about a trivia for a bit. I'm moving next week, so how about once I get settled in, I PM you the new address. We sign the lease on Saturday, but I'm not sure when utilities can go in our name. As soon as they switch over, we get the keys. If I can get it done today, I'll send you the address.

Now I want a Donut (said in my best Homer voice but in classical Greek).
    Doooooonuuuuuuut! Sounds good! Dang, lots of folks moving this month!
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    sorry a few days late , was a bit busy,
  • Options
    Martel:
    Okay, here's clue #1...my high school marching band played music from the score to this movie twice, once while my sister was in the band and once while I was in the band.
    Not Star Wars.

Clue #2: I had a college professor with a degree from an Ivy League School who wrote several papers and either a thesis or dissertation (don't remember which) on the composer of this score, but didn't know he'd written this score and thought I was crazy when I brought the music up in class (ear lab for music theory, when I used the music as an example of a certain interval).

• Options
    Martel:
    Martel:
    Not Star Wars.

Clue #2: I had a college professor with a degree from an Ivy League School who wrote several papers and either a thesis or dissertation (don't remember which) on the composer of this score, but didn't know he'd written this score and thought I was crazy when I brought the music up in class (ear lab for music theory, when I used the music as an example of a certain interval).

I know my clues are pretty vague, but I thought I'd get a couple of guesses at least...so clue #3: The composer of the score to this film was a major composer and director of classical music in America in the 20th century.

• Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Grease ?
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    West Side Story
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    The Godfather
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Martel:
    Martel:
    Martel:
    Not Star Wars.

I know my clues are pretty vague, but I thought I'd get a couple of guesses at least...so clue #3: The composer of the score to this film was a major composer and director of classical music in America in the 20th century.

Good guesses. Next clue: One of the guesses so far was scored by the correct composer and another contained the same actor as this film's main character.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, bad and the ugly
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Options
    On the Waterfront.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    On the Waterfront.
    Everyone else gets a one way ticket to Palookaville, but you, sir, are a contender. PM me your info and I'll get something out to you. It may not be until next week because I'm in the middle of moving and packing right now.

Leonard Bernstein wrote the score to this great film starring Marlon Brando (nice try with the West Side Story and Godfather guesses), Karl Malden, and Eve Marie Saint (gorgeous in this film, IMHO). Beatnic, if you can guess my favorite scene from the movie, I might throw in a little something extra for the bonus points.

• Options
    Martel:
    beatnic:
    On the Waterfront.
    Everyone else gets a one way ticket to Palookaville, but you, sir, are a contender. PM me your info and I'll get something out to you. It may not be until next week because I'm in the middle of moving and packing right now.

Leonard Bernstein wrote the score to this great film starring Marlon Brando (nice try with the West Side Story and Godfather guesses), Karl Malden, and Eve Marie Saint (gorgeous in this film, IMHO). Beatnic, if you can guess my favorite scene from the movie, I might throw in a little something extra for the bonus points.
    Well, I won't go with the obvious, oft-quoted contender or dock scenes. I'll say the foggy park scene with Eva. PM at ya.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Martel:
    beatnic:
    On the Waterfront.

Well, I won't go with the obvious, oft-quoted contender or dock scenes. I'll say the foggy park scene with Eva. PM at ya.

Yeah, the walk through the park is it. What gets me the most is when "Terry" starts playing with "Edie's" glove and trying it on. I thought it was a marvelous bit of acting.

• Options
    Martel:
    beatnic:
    Martel:
    beatnic:
    On the Waterfront.

Yeah, the walk through the park is it. What gets me the most is when "Terry" starts playing with "Edie's" glove and trying it on. I thought it was a marvelous bit of acting.
    And it turns out that she dropped the glove by accident, and Brando just ran with it. I agree, a marvelous bit of acting.
  • Options
    New movie:

clue #1. The movie begins with the a private investigator being hired to investigate a cheating wife.
  • Options
    Who Framed Rodger Rabbit
  • Options
    Damn. I thought it would at least make it to the evening. WINNER. Send me you address.

The game is now your's.
  • Options
    Clue #1 :this movie starts in a carnival
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    something wicked comes this way
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carny.