The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    AVO Heritage
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    What year?
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve ... true attar of uppowoc.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Pissed I haven't had this before, def making the rotation and immediate order from clearance section image
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    are you going to do a write up on it Dustin?
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    What year?
    I believe 2012
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    yup, nothing amazing, very pleasant profile lacking definition but hits alot of undertones. It's a PERFECT coffee smoke IMO, and a typical fuente in that it really needs a TON of age to cure the final thirds bitterness and metallic finish. I don't think full body smokers would like it, it's more of an old school Domincan profile. Not too much up front, mellows in the middle, picks up steam at the end, but nothing outrageous, just a smooth smoke. This is a perfect example on my theory of aging with Domincan and Nicaragua tobaccos.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    yup, nothing amazing, very pleasant profile lacking definition but hits alot of undertones. It's a PERFECT coffee smoke IMO, and a typical fuente in that it really needs a TON of age to cure the final thirds bitterness and metallic finish. I don't think full body smokers would like it, it's more of an old school Domincan profile. Not too much up front, mellows in the middle, picks up steam at the end, but nothing outrageous, just a smooth smoke. This is a perfect example on my theory of aging with Domincan and Nicaragua tobaccos.
    I also had it with coffee and really enjoyed it. I didnt have the bitterness or metallic finish, but I'm not sure the age because it was bombed to me by SleevePlz. I'll be grabin' up the 10 off the clearance when the month from hell is over. Thank you for your thoughts.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    I also had it with coffee and really enjoyed it. I didnt have the bitterness or metallic finish, but I'm not sure the age because it was bombed to me by SleevePlz. I'll be grabin' up the 10 off the clearance when the month from hell is over. Thank you for your thoughts.
    no worries, I am a bit picky about those things more then most, but the acidity of coffee could easily mask it. To me, I find age in NC cigars does one of three things. In the first third, it brings the power down and initial blast, MF 1 and cabaiguan are prime examples. In the final third, it balances the finish of inferior tobaccos and the bitterness or metallic finish subsides. I've been smoking this almost two hours, straight kuzi style, and if not it would be worse. Finally, I feel in some cases age mutes the flavors and complexity of certain blends and is not good as the tobacco is aged beforehand. ISOM is a really different story.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    no worries, I am a bit picky about those things more then most, but the acidity of coffee could easily mask it. To me, I find age in NC cigars does one of three things. In the first third, it brings the power down and initial blast, MF 1 and cabaiguan are prime examples. In the final third, it balances the finish of inferior tobaccos and the bitterness or metallic finish subsides. I've been smoking this almost two hours, straight kuzi style, and if not it would be worse. Finally, I feel in some cases age mutes the flavors and complexity of certain blends and is not good as the tobacco is aged beforehand. ISOM is a really different story.
    anti-thread jack, pm.
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    What year?
    I believe 2012
    how you like? i have one that i may smoke monday
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    What year?
    I believe 2012
    I liked it alot, I'm a big fan of viaje. I think you'll enjoy it so smoke it monday
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    JHewey:
    robertgreen30:
    What year?
    I believe 2012
    I liked it alot, I'm a big fan of viaje. I think you'll enjoy it so smoke it monday
    Have you had 2010 or 2011? how does it compare? i love 2011..
  • Options
    I got some of my Johnny O's back, aged a year. Forgot I had a box of 30 lol... Anyways, first two I had were terrible draw and had to toss them. This one is a toro, economic, dark. It's excellent, and the ash reminds me of cohiba while the taste is more monte. image
  • Options
    I'll probably smoke another 7x70 Asylum 13. Should last me at least half the big game lol.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    I'll probably smoke another 7x70 Asylum 13. Should last me at least half the big game lol.

PM Jason
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Having a MoW PA maduro with a Sixpoint 3Beans Baltic porter. Awesome combo.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    3 reynas torp
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixing to fire up a Partag
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    101 Daruma (papi chulo?) from BIG SHIZZA --- I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is a great little smoke, and also the perfect size for this weather - since I was able to finish it without freezing my fingers off!

Thanks JIM !

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jj20030:
    fixing to fire up a Partag
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Smoked my first FFP. While I did like it I'm not sure it was worth all the effort and searching I had to do to acquire it.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    5 vegas gold maduro celebrating the Ravens win!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    headley grange, yummy
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    jj20030:
    headley grange, yummy
    +1 tastey little guys!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Illusione MJ12,
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    image im not sure how i feel about this one...

Edit: I almost forgot; Im Drinking a Mikes Hard Limeade with it, one of my favorite store-bought drinks.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Room 101 Namakubia Papi chulo for me tonight