Home General Discussion
Options

Favorite Cigar Accessory?

I Have great cigars and the shittiest lighters, cutters, ashtrays, humidors, etc. with that being said i think its time for some upgrades.....whats your favorite accessory?

Comments

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    My favorite accessery is my Carbon Fiber Xikar tear drop cutter everyone should have one it was worth every penny. My man o war edition stinky ashytray is probally my second favorite def go out and buy one for 25 bucks best ashtray hands down especially for outside. Also I like my xikar travel ash can for the shooting range.
  • Options
    Cazzie13Cazzie13 Posts: 48
    Gaetano7890:
    My favorite accessery is my Carbon Fiber Xikar tear drop cutter everyone should have one it was worth every penny. My man o war edition stinky ashytray is probally my second favorite def go out and buy one for 25 bucks best ashtray hands down especially for outside. Also I like my xikar travel ash can for the shooting range.
    Is a tear drop cutter similar to a V-Cutter? I been looking for a desktop V-Cutter and everything seems to be either really cheap or really expensive.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is my vector excaliber lighter! It doesn't eat fuel to bad for a dual torch and has a built in cutter for those in a pinch moments.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Fire......
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Fire......
    Sonofab!tch beat me to it, lollllll
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    My Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut and a cheap-aZZ Firebird single torch lighter. Not to mention my flowerpot drip tray I use for an ashtray.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    By far my favorite accessory is my Xikar MTX folding scissor. Puts the teardrop cutter to shame.
  • Options
    Scissor looks to confusing me I'll either slice a finger or ruin a cigar don't like either option too much.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had similar thoughts regarding scissors, but I've never had a better cut than my scissors make. To each his own though, I just really like them.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My cheap, beat up Ronson lighter that Leonard gave me like 2 years ago. Thing's a tank.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    By far my favorite accessory is my Xikar MTX folding scissor. Puts the teardrop cutter to shame.
    Xikar scissors, so easy EVEN I can use them. Seriously, probably the best cutter I have used. Very versatile and gives a great cut. In fact, I don't even "cut" anymore, I just run the scissors around the cap and pop it off.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    My Cigar compadre, cigar holder for golf cart. Whenever I find them I buy em, everybody who sees loves em!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Gaetano7890:
    +1
  • Options
    jon00jonjon00jon Posts: 45
    Xikar Incline lighter wife got me for Christmas couple years ago, and the old bean can I ash in on my back deck.

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    My Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut and a cheap-aZZ Firebird single torch lighter. Not to mention my flowerpot drip tray I use for an ashtray.
    Ashtray will change when I get off my butt and send you a nice package.
  • Options
    Maybe I will give it a shot, I seen the scissors on the sprinter a few times. If you guys see me posting and missing a few letters just assume I bought the scissor and lost a finger.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5 ct herfador that Todd aka mailbox bully aka bandyt09 gave me is my most favorite thing. I take it everywhere.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    My 5 ct herfador that Todd aka mailbox bully aka bandyt09 gave me is my most favorite thing. I take it everywhere.
    I have a big one that I love, been wanting a 3 finger lately.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    friends.
    cigars are 100% better with friends.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    friends.
    cigars are 100% better with friends.
    Oh yes have to agree with this!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Cazzie13:
    Gaetano7890:
    Is a tear drop cutter similar to a V-Cutter? I been looking for a desktop V-Cutter and everything seems to be either really cheap or really expensive.
    No it is there Xi series of cutters. They have a a v-cutter that works very well but it is not a desktop. I have a xikar multi tool also that I use for specific uses but it is like comparing a flash light to the sun when you complare it to a teardrop. My carbon fiber teardrop is a lot sharper and cuts a lot easier than my scissors. I keep my multi tool in a cigar.com match box in my dvd bag so I always have it but it more secondary cutter in case I need to cut another cigar or touch up the first one. I say the x series of cutters by xikar are some of the sharpest cuttes I've ever used.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890:
    Cazzie13:
    Gaetano7890:
    No it is there Xi series of cutters. They have a a v-cutter that works very well but it is not a desktop. I have a xikar multi tool also that I use for specific uses but it is like comparing a flash light to the sun when you complare it to a teardrop. My carbon fiber teardrop is a lot sharper and cuts a lot easier than my scissors. I keep my multi tool in a cigar.com match box in my dvd bag so I always have it but it more secondary cutter in case I need to cut another cigar or touch up the first one. I say the x series of cutters by xikar are some of the sharpest cuttes I've ever used.
    Thanks for the info Gaetano, i seriously need to upgrade my cutters, still using the cheap ones they give you when you buy a few cigars at the store, i just need to buy one that has lojack installed because i lose everything.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    My Room 101 black cigar ashtray and my colibri triple flame torch lighter, that unfortunately is dying as it is having trouble with what I believe is the flint creating a spark, but bought it on a fire sale for like 15 bucks, so I can't be that mad.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I had two favorite cigar smoking accessories. For one night only, unfortunately.

• Options
    y2pascoe:
    I had two favorite cigar smoking accessories. For one night only, unfortunately.

Haven't seen them on sprinter sale, going to have to keep it open all day i guess...going to be hard to be that.
  • Options
    I recommend vectron fluid it is the best I have ever used. Since I started all my lighters have ran perfect. Is it a flint lighter? If so you can change it. If it is the ignition system compressed air may help and vectron fluid.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Gaetano7890, Do U have a picture of the Cutter, I would like to purchase one, just what I need sounds awesome
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I have two, for different reasons. I really love my Xikar Flintfire II lighter - the thing is gorgeous, and just the right size for my big 'ol hands.

The other is my Xikar Founder's cutter I got when I became one of the very first founding members of my lounge - a place that has now become pretty much THE dominating venue in the area... So that's kinda cool. :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    seagarlover:
    Gaetano7890, Do U have a picture of the Cutter, I would like to purchase one, just what I need sounds awesome
    Photobucketnot the best pic I will try again later I pad camera not the best. Also if you search it you will find pics
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a suggestion for a good lighter...my freebie RP is crapping out. For under $50.. I know the butane makes a difference. I think I clogged the other with cheap stuff not planning on using that with a new lighter.BTW I have the above cutter, works fantastic.