Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Need some prayers

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Krieg:
    Thanks again everyone. I got to see Billy today and he was off the ventilator and able to speak. Doctors said that he was 75% decapitated. It's a miracle he's alive. I'm still in shock. But for now it seems the the operation was successful. He has another one tomorrow on his leg to insert a plate. He told me his nieghbor who are friends for years (and is only 15) saved his life. After prying himself off of the road sign billy couldn't lift up his head and was gushing blood. Daniel put pressure on his neck and they were able to call 911. Billy said he remembered hearing the EMTs calling time of death...but he Still made it. I'm still in shock.
    Wow, it is amazing the power that prayer holds. I will continue to pray for him as he moves through recovery.

As will I.

Marty

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    +100
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Thanks again everyone. I got to see Billy today and he was off the ventilator and able to speak. Doctors said that he was 75% decapitated. It's a miracle he's alive. I'm still in shock. But for now it seems the the operation was successful. He has another one tomorrow on his leg to insert a plate. He told me his nieghbor who are friends for years (and is only 15) saved his life. After prying himself off of the road sign billy couldn't lift up his head and was gushing blood. Daniel put pressure on his neck and they were able to call 911. Billy said he remembered hearing the EMTs calling time of death...but he Still made it. I'm still in shock.
    Wow, it sent a long series of shivers down my spine to hear that he heard the EMT's call time of death. I just can't even imagine...sometimes I wish I prayed just so I could be of some help in times like this. I rub my lucky coin for ya though! Seriously, keep the updates coming, I hope everything continues to go smoothly.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Glad to hear he is on the way to recovery.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Wont let up on this end Krieg... all the best for Billy..
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Brother.. I'm happy to hear the good news part of that scary story. I'll keep praying for the man.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Hey Brother.. I'm happy to hear the good news part of that scary story. I'll keep praying for the man.
    Same Here, Hope thing continue to get better...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    well surgery on his leg went well, he now has the metal plate...and his in very bad pain...but what do you expect after drilling into your bones? (not to mention everything else). Thanks for the prayers guys...we are making progress, just slow. Being so young is def gonna help him recover sooner rather than later.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man I'm pretty much speechless, so I'm sorry that I don't know what to say other than prayers to your family and thank God he seems to be coming along so well, esp considering the severity of the injuries. Does he smoke cigars? I know it's premature, but the young man would be deserving of a nice bomb once he's out of the woods, however long that may take.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Glad things are progressing as well as they are. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Very awesome to be hearing some good news come out of this terrible story.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg, thoughts and prayers for you and yours. The will to live is an amazing thing none of us can really understand, including doctors. God bless you and your family.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    well surgery on his leg went well, he now has the metal plate...and his in very bad pain...but what do you expect after drilling into your bones? (not to mention everything else). Thanks for the prayers guys...we are making progress, just slow. Being so young is def gonna help him recover sooner rather than later.
    Is there anything any of us could do on this end aside from continued prayer? I know the suggestion to send a bomb his way was thrown out--I would certainly be in on that.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Sorry to hear it Kreig! We'll pray for you and your Brother-In-Law.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I'm on the back end of this, but will be praying for a full recovery for him.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Prayers are STILL being made
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read this thread. Keep the good news coming and stay positive my friend.
  • Options
    Hows he doing?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Update on Billy. IV and pain pump out since yesterday. He sat in a chair today for about 4 hours. Still a long road to haul but he is getting better and stronger every day. Never underestimate the power of prayer. Keep them coming!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Heavy:
    Man I'm pretty much speechless, so I'm sorry that I don't know what to say other than prayers to your family and thank God he seems to be coming along so well, esp considering the severity of the injuries. Does he smoke cigars? I know it's premature, but the young man would be deserving of a nice bomb once he's out of the woods, however long that may take.
    I wish he smoked cigars, it would be safer imo than him drinking!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Update on Billy. He is doing awesome. He is in inpatient rehab until this coming Tuesday and then he will be home. He is healing faster than the doctors expected. Keep the prayers coming because they are helping him heal at lightning speed! Thank you guys.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ah, thanks Krieg - always good to end the work week with some great news!

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Thats awesome! Its nice to hear that someone is recovering faster than expected!! Being young helps him! The old farts don't heal so well! Tell Billy we're rooting for him!
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Great news. Will continue to send our prayers for a full and quick recovery.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man, that's great to hear. Glad he's coming along quicker than expected.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    good news. we'll smoke one for him then. you know any excuse. ;)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's great news!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very good to hear.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    Very good to hear.
    +100
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go, Billy!! Just keep on keepin' on when it comes to healin'. We're rootin' for ya, Dude.....