Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    a brown ale homebrew...think I'll have some more today.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Wife and I found this online....2shots Mocha Kahlua, 2shots Vanilla Vodka, 2shots Baileys, 1 shot Amaretto....mix in shaker...makes 2 drinks. Kick ass drink, you can even add 2 more shots of vanilla vodka and it still tastes awesome...didnt last long after we figured that out :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Went to see a show last night, had a couple Killian's Irish Red, it wasn't bad, not my favorite, but not bad.
  • Options
    Brought my first bottle of Elijah Craig 12yr bourbon. Incredible! Same price as Buffalo Trace but it leaves BT in the dust....the nose on this stuff is awesome....like toasty carmel, cotton candy and apple.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Frind has a kegerator that he just filled with Three Floyds Dreadnaught. One hell of a delicious micro brew.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Sat out at a campfire with some Molson. I didn't smoke anything because one of our friends who is pregnant was there.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Maker's Mark Mint Julep

Good stuff!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Maker's Mark Mint Julep

Good stuff!

I've been menaing to try that. Looks good. Today i had a Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout for ......breakfast !!:)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    docbp87:
    Maker's Mark Mint Julep

Good stuff!

I've been menaing to try that. Looks good. Today i had a Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout for ......breakfast !!:)
    I think one can live on stout....breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Some Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper right now, DELICIOUS!!!

I have been getting in to wine a bit more lately, I toured the Williamsburg Winery in VA this weekend and had a blast. Bought a bottle and finished it that night. The tasting after the tour was phenominal! I forgot how much I enjoy a good bottle of wine!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    michelob and more michelob
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jetmech_63:
    Brought my first bottle of Elijah Craig 12yr bourbon. Incredible! Same price as Buffalo Trace but it leaves BT in the dust....the nose on this stuff is awesome....like toasty carmel, cotton candy and apple.
    UMMM... yeah, have to agree to disagree on this one. I like Elijah Craig, and most every other bourbon, but BT and Eagle Rare are still tops for me. Elijah just isn't as smooth, and is definitely sweeter. I tend to shy away from the sweeter ones though. I like it, and NEVER refuse good bourbon, but just my opinion.

Two to try if you haven't tried em yet... Bulleit bourbon and Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey. Both are cheaper than BT (should be around 21 a bottle) and are good too. Forty Creek is my go-to whiskey. Blows Crown out of the water.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    UMMM... yeah, have to agree to disagree on this one. I like Elijah Craig, and most every other bourbon, but BT and Eagle Rare are still tops for me. Elijah just isn't as smooth, and is definitely sweeter. I tend to shy away from the sweeter ones though. I like it, and NEVER refuse good bourbon, but just my opinion.

Two to try if you haven't tried em yet... Bulleit bourbon and Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey. Both are cheaper than BT (should be around 21 a bottle) and are good too. Forty Creek is my go-to whiskey. Blows Crown out of the water.

I have a bottle of Bulliet, awesome bourbon. And upon further tasting...the EC12 seems to have almost a metallic taste to it, still good but not as good as i may have stated. Also have a bottle of Buck i havent opened yet. Also like Rare Breed.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:

I have a bottle of Bulliet, awesome bourbon. And upon further tasting...the EC12 seems to have almost a metallic taste to it, still good but not as good as i may have stated. Also have a bottle of Buck i havent opened yet. Also like Rare Breed.
    That was my complaint against it. First it's too sweet, and it's got a strange finish to it. Like you said, sort of metallic. Not sure what causes that, haven't had it in any other bourbon. It is good though. Hell, I like almost all bourbon, so it's hard for me to knock one.
  • Options
    Just cracked open a bottle of Macallan 12 a buddy gave to me as a homecoming gift. I'm not a scotch drinker, but this is really good. The sweetness really offsets the oak and peat, might need to dabble a bit in scotch....
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Macallan was my main squeeze for a long time, Jet. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Actually last night but couldn't post after drinking Jim Beam infused with I think cherry. Tasted like smooth cherry syrup on the rocks. Kinda sort of crept up on me! I'm sticking to the real stuff from now on. Jack Daniels on rocks!
  • Options
    I had some Red Stripe last night. This was one of my go-to beers a while ago, but now it seems that I like it less and less every time I have some. Still not a bad beer by any means, I guess my tastes are changing.

Sam Adams Boston Lager is still my number one go-to beer when I am out though, and I feel the need for some pints, tonight perhaps!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I had a few Labatts, my friend had a few more then I did and saw them again. I just wish it wasn't at my house. At least he made it to the bathroom.
  • Options
    Had an Old Rasputin earlier, now i'm back to working my way throgh a bottle of Stranahans bourbon.
  • Options
    Few Miller Lite's while watching a beautiful woman talk.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    three guiness extra stouts and 12-15 coors in beer pong. And a bud light and a michelob ultra. I feel like ****.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sweet coffee...
  • Options
    a few pints of Guiness at the Irish Pub down the road. It tastes soo much better on tap than in the bottles! Never again from a bottle...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    urbino:
    Macallan was my main squeeze for a long time, Jet. Good stuff.

Ditto to that Urbi!

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sweet coffee...

Nothing for me two nights in a rwo. Im onto coffee this AM as my son woke me up at 5:30 ready to play! It was fun, but now Its caught up to me so Im a bit tired.
    Thank you to the coffee gods! I pay tribute to you every day by drinking in your bounty!

• Options
    ejenne87:
    a few pints of Guiness at the Irish Pub down the road. It tastes soo much better on tap than in the bottles! Never again from a bottle...
    Bottle is a joke. And now they are putting some kind of carbonation cylinder in can to replicate tap. C'mon you gotta be kidding! Tried it and it was a joke!
  • Options
    Last night I had Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, and capped it all off with a Labatts. I was trying to save a few $ and got the specials where we went. Funny thing is that I don't feel bad at all today. I'm going to have some coffee with the neighbors and then maybe some scotch with my cigar this afternoon.
  • Options
    I got some Sam Cherry Wheat in my fridge, nice beer....actually had one for breakfast this morning :). Last night i had some Sam Cream Stout....dont know why it took me so long to try this, like a beer latte...but in a good way. I still prefer some of the smaller breweries stouts...but this is definatley good.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I got some Sam Cherry Wheat in my fridge, nice beer....actually had one for breakfast this morning :). Last night i had some Sam Cream Stout....dont know why it took me so long to try this, like a beer latte...but in a good way. I still prefer some of the smaller breweries stouts...but this is definatley good.
    Yummy you got me wanting to go to the store and get some more now!