Home General Discussion
Options

special occasions cigar

Here's my dilemma. I am trying to plan out a few cigars to smoke on my birthday, which also happens to be New Years Eve. What cigars would you recommend? I'm trying to balance cost with quality. Most of the cigars I spoke are in the $6-8 range but with it being my birthday I don't mind spending a little extra.

If it helps, I normally smoke medium to medium full article. However will need a mild in the line up to smoke on the morning. I plan on making a day of it.

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, it all depends on what your plans are.

If you are going to be busy with friends or entertaining, go with something you are familiar with as you probably won't be concentrating too much on the cigar.

If you have only a few hours of down time that you can focus on a cigar and since it is your birthday, what would you like to try? Any particular cigar you've had your eye on?

PM sent
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    hey todd how are you
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    bandyt09:

If you are going to be busy with friends or entertaining, go with something you are familiar with as you probably won't be concentrating too much on the cigar.

If you have only a few hours of down time that you can focus on a cigar and since it is your birthday, what would you like to try? Any particular cigar you've had your eye on?

PM sent

More then likely I won't be doing much. Just kicking back enjoying a few sticks. Most I have planned is heading to the local cigar lounge. I was thinking of starting the day with a Camacho Connecticut or a PG Symphony.
  • Options
    LeftOvers:
    hey todd how are you
    Doing good. Got 25 in the 20 count so, well, you know....... :)
  • Options
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent
    More then likely I won't be doing much. Just kicking back enjoying a few sticks. Most I have planned is heading to the local cigar lounge. I was thinking of starting the day with a Camacho Connecticut or a PG Symphony.
    Sounds like a good day, how many cigars you planning on smoking for the day?

PM your addy please.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent

PM your addy please.
    Not sure, I would guess 3-5.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude! Todd!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    Here's my dilemma. I am trying to plan out a few cigars to smoke on my birthday, which also happens to be New Years Eve. What cigars would you recommend? I'm trying to balance cost with quality. Most of the cigars I spoke are in the $6-8 range but with it being my birthday I don't mind spending a little extra. If it helps, I normally smoke medium to medium full article. However will need a mild in the line up to smoke on the morning. I plan on making a day of it.
    Ummm three that I like in the under fifteen price range that you can find in most stores. Flor de las Antillas Gran Toro about $8-12, My Father #2 about $12-15, Liga Privada T52 or #9 between $12-18, or if you wanna spend a bit more $15-20 Padron 1964 or 1926 I like the imperial size (vitola). If you can find a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006,2009, or 2012 they are all good but more of a full bodied stick. Just one man's opinion but any one of those are great celebratory sticks. Happy Bday
  • Options
    blutattoo:
    curtiscr79:
    Here's my dilemma. I am trying to plan out a few cigars to smoke on my birthday, which also happens to be New Years Eve. What cigars would you recommend? I'm trying to balance cost with quality. Most of the cigars I spoke are in the $6-8 range but with it being my birthday I don't mind spending a little extra. If it helps, I normally smoke medium to medium full article. However will need a mild in the line up to smoke on the morning. I plan on making a day of it.
    Ummm three that I like in the under fifteen price range that you can find in most stores. Flor de las Antillas Gran Toro about $8-12, My Father #2 about $12-15, Liga Privada T52 or #9 between $12-18, or if you wanna spend a bit more $15-20 Padron 1964 or 1926 I like the imperial size (vitola). If you can find a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006,2009, or 2012 they are all good but more of a full bodied stick. Just one man's opinion but any one of those are great celebratory sticks. Happy Bday
    Sounds good, I will have to make me a shopping list when I head to the local B&M and see what all I can get to add to the humidor.
  • Options
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent

PM your addy please.
    Curtis, here's a birthday present you can open early as USPS says it'll be there Thursday.

In fact, there is enough there to have a couple for Christmas also. Enjoy
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent

PM your addy please.
    Curtis, here's a birthday present you can open early as USPS says it'll be there Thursday.

That's just sick! WTG Todd!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent

PM your addy please.

so generous. I guess that's why people tell so many awesome stories about the old guard.....
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:
    curtiscr79:
    bandyt09:

PM sent

PM your addy please.

You're a good man, Todd

This forum is so welcoming I can not believe it. It wasn't but the first day I found the forum and introduced myself and Todd is offering to send me a birthday present. Don't get me wrong, I am not here for hand outs, but it is a very welcoming feeling to be greeted this way.

I will make sure and repay the favor in the near future. I will have to look up some old posts and see what I can come up with. Especially since I will have the return address. HEHEHE!

Stay smokey my friend, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Curtis, no need to go looking through old posts as I'll be upfront with you. Yes, the return address is real and my wants and wishes are in my bio. Repayment is easy; all you got to do is pay it forward.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Curtis, no need to go looking through old posts as I'll be upfront with you. Yes, the return address is real and my wants and wishes are in my bio. Repayment is easy; all you got to do is pay it forward.
    Consider it done. Now to find the next victim.