Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Speechless...

Yeah...I had to call BigT06 out to get him back lol... Hes one of the guys that taught me a ton around here, hiw to bomb, what to age, what to buy, how to destroy in trades, etc..., and we became friends. He was a target on my firet bombing run (blame zach!). During his time away, I sent him a guitar related package, with some aged habanos of course, but the extras were stuff I found moving I knew he would like as we kept in touch. We both share the same affinity for geetars, and many of the same players-specifically Warren Haynes and slide guitar, which is what the package revolved around. However, I'm not sure I ever told him I'm a Fender nut-two custom made tele's, 2 strats, 3 hand wired tweed amps, 2 vintage heads....

So he threatens me when he came back and I knew I'd get the typical BigT smash... Well aside from the cigars, which are amazing, he threw in a Fender ingraved Zippo single torch he's had for 12 years!!!! This type of gesture is what makes this place special. A cigar will be enjoyed once, this lighter will be shared for decades. I won't forget this bro, and it will stay with me a long time. I'm weird about things like this, trinkets and such that hold memories. Even your wife said...yeah *** that guy up lol. Mission accomplished.... I'm speechless at the gesture as I know this lighter served you well and probably traveled all over with ya. Now it's imparting on another journey. One day, it will light your cigar again when we finally meet up for a herf.

Oh...and the cigars kind of kick ass! All aged treats and special occasion smokes. Don't *** with Todd.

Comments

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX! yeah you asked for that one. nice hit bigt
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX BRING BACK CATFISHSMAILBOX! yeah you asked for that one. nice hit bigt
    lol
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Yeah brother, that lighter has seen tens of thousands of miles and hundreds of gigs. Hell, that's what I played slide with before the custom one you sent me. Enjoy it, and enjoy those smokes. You deserve em.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nice! alright you noobs. see this? this is how it's done veteran pro gangnam style!
  • Options
    Please don't tell me that was your slide lol.... Makes it even more awesome, I love it dude. I've owned probably 20 fenders bro... Had six strats at one time.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Amazing, simply amazing.
    I've been peeking at a '55 Tele in the original case, with factory papers and a Les Paul Black Beauty but the wife tells me, "Nay, you shan't!"... The '54 Gibson is enough for now.
  • Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    That's a hell of gift. You got to love that!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Note to self, never call out BigT)

Unbelievably awesome, personal gift you got there Dustin. Great work Todd, spreadin' the love.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    (Note to self, never call out BigT)

Unbelievably awesome, personal gift you got there Dustin. Great work Todd, spreadin' the love.
    Todd knows I like playing patty cakes... Trust me, this war will never end. The sentimental value is what's important to me on this one.... And now a "one up" is in order lol.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Well Fishbait, you knew it was going to happen if he came back. Nice hit and gift...
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    this is very cool. being a big newbie it is nice to see these types of friendships build over years.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Dont call out todd, but its fun to do anyway.. Couldnt have been to a better brother.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Incredible!!!! I still think my Schon Bomb was better but hey at least now you can use the lighter when your listening to Journey,,,,,,,,,, late at night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, all alone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in the dark,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,naked,,,,,,,;o)
    Lighter
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RaisedLighterTribute
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    great stuff great great stuff
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool as always Todd, very cool!!:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...