Home General Discussion
Options

Cohiba Behike!

Hello Gents!

What do you guys think of the Cohiba Behike (regular line)? I know that CA has named the Behike 52 as the number 1 of 2010, but I wonder if this cigar is really worth it.
I have picked up a 56 in Toronto at La Casa del Habano, but....it came with a 93 dollar price tag. Has anyone else tried this cigar line?

-Regards and Long Ashes!

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    RoyalCigars:
    Hello Gents!

What do you guys think of the Cohiba Behike (regular line)? I know that CA has named the Behike 52 as the number 1 of 2010, but I wonder if this cigar is really worth it.
    I have picked up a 56 in Toronto at La Casa del Habano, but....it came with a 93 dollar price tag. Has anyone else tried this cigar line?

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    I have a couple resting, I have no doubt they are worth the hype but I'll let ya know in a few years ;)
  • Options
    JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    I have tried each of the 3. They are absolutely worth it to me, but not at the price you mention. You can find them for $30 to $40 a stick. It's still a lot of money.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I heard these cigars were great, like the cubans of old...and would get even better with a few years of age on them.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Krieg:
    I heard these cigars were great, like the cubans of old...and would get even better with a few years of age on them.
    I heard somewhere that unlike most blenders in Necaragua, Honduras, DR, Cuba never ages their cigars - they just roll 'em and ship 'em out immediately. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    xmacro:
    Krieg:
    I heard somewhere that unlike most blenders in Necaragua, Honduras, DR, Cuba never ages their cigars - they just roll 'em and ship 'em out immediately. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
    That may be the case coming out of Cuba but the authorized distributer for each country will store them in their warehouses...I frequently get boxes that I know my B&M is ordering from Havana House here in Canada and they come typically with 1-3 years on them from the date stamp on the box...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    This is a cigar I would love to get my hands on, but can't imagine paying $50-$90 for one. I could handle $30-$40 for a single or two, but that's about it.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to try it----but there is no cigar on earth worth 90 per stick......unless I win the lottery.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    xmacro:
    Krieg:
    Sort of. It's not that they don't age the cigars once rolled... not a lot of people do that. It's that the tobacco used in rolling is not aged like most places. They simply complete the curing process, and roll it up.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Would love to try it----but there is no cigar on earth worth 90 per stick......unless I win the lottery.
    +1

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I just saw these at Casa del Habano while in Mexico. They came with a $45 price tag and I just wasn't willing to drop that much on one cigar at the moment.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    I just saw these at Casa del Habano while in Mexico. They came with a $45 price tag and I just wasn't willing to drop that much on one cigar at the moment.
    I love my Cohibas much as the next guy but 93 a stick? ouch I'll pass till someone gifts me one. even then I wont have the balls to smoke it. Maybe if I have a grandson or great great grandson they'll enjoy it. lol mayb a family Heirloom :)
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I got a 52 sittin that will be smoked on my 40 th bday sometime this year. I smile every time I move it out of the way to get a stick
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I got a 52 sittin that will be smoked on my 40 th bday sometime this year. I smile every time I move it out of the way to get a stick
    I would love to get my hands on a 54...but realisticly I'd settle for a puro dominicana lol.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Behilke is one of the best cigar in the world...period. Do not be fooled by the negetive media about the Cuban cigar. As Diamond dog mentioned, good cigar stores age the Cuban cigars in their humidor for a while before they release them to their customers. Some regular Cuban line has some issue like any other cigars from Nicaragua, DR, Honduras and others. But the top Cuban line cigars are the gems, specially Behike. I just got five boxes recently and aging them. I got three boxes a year ago and after a year they are even smoother, more balanced and round flavored. Cuba has gone through a massive quality control process last couple of years and coming up with great cigars in terms of construction, aging and marketing. it is the matter of time when people will realize about the quality of Cuban cigar. In fact, Cuban cigars are still number one choice outside The United States.
    RoyalCigars:
    Hello Gents!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • Options
    After having the ISOMS i don't think I could do the Dominican again
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Cohiba Behilke is one of the best cigar in the world...period. Do not be fooled by the negetive media about the Cuban cigar. As Diamond dog mentioned, good cigar stores age the Cuban cigars in their humidor for a while before they release them to their customers. Some regular Cuban line has some issue like any other cigars from Nicaragua, DR, Honduras and others. But the top Cuban line cigars are the gems, specially Behike. I just got five boxes recently and aging them. I got three boxes a year ago and after a year they are even smoother, more balanced and round flavored. Cuba has gone through a massive quality control process last couple of years and coming up with great cigars in terms of construction, aging and marketing. it is the matter of time when people will realize about the quality of Cuban cigar. In fact, Cuban cigars are still number one choice outside The United States.
    RoyalCigars:
    Hello Gents!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
    maybe one day when im not supporting a woman and 2 (soon to be 3) kids on a shift manager's budget alone. I will have to hunt 1 down. till then I still have my wet dreams to get me through lol
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    ISOMS?
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Direwolf:
    ISOMS?
    Island South Of Miami (Cuba)
  • Options
    Behike is excellent but you can also smoke other Cuban with less money. try Cohiba Lancero, Siglo Line, Esplendido, Trinidad, San Cristobal La Habana, Don Alejandro Robina, Partagas series P no.2, H. Upmann Royal robusto, if you like mild to medium then Cuaba. there are many brands you can enjoy cheaper than Behike. The Cuban cigar has very distinctive taste, flavor and aroma.
    rzaman:
    RoyalCigars:
    Hello Gents!

-Regards and Long Ashes!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Direwolf:
    ISOMS?
    gotcha! now i feel stupid
  • Options
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    BigT06:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Direwolf:
    ISOMS?
    gotcha! now i feel stupid
    I asked the same question in this forum. Not a stupid question at all doood
  • Options

LOL...no my friend. DR has some good cigars as well. The Fuente makes some excellent cigars. DR's Piloto Cubano tobacco has also a very distinctive flavor. However, once Cuban cigars are available to the market, it will definitely throw a huge challenge to the other cigar maker countries. please remember great Davidoff cigars come from DR but when Davidoff start using Cuban tobacco again that would the best time in my life.

There is also Padron from Nicaragua. their Family Reserve and 1926 line is also excellent smoke but they also use some wrapper from outside Nicaragua. Though some of them are 5-10 years aged tobacco but still can be little harsh. When they say certain years of aged, they never say is it the wrapper, fillers or the binder. I believe it is the fillers only. I always age them +1 year before I smoke a Padron. Padron also has a very unique taste, flavor and aroma. A true non-Cuban aged cigar is La Aurora vintage 2003: wrapper, fillers and binder all of them are from 2003. Many cigar makers use the term aged,vintage without clarifying it. Now a days the term vintage is a tricky marketing tools.

I smoked couple of cigars blended with Cuban, Dominican, Peruvian, Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos. They were awesome smoke. Anything with good Cuban tobacco is awesome.
    Direwolf:
  • Options
    behikes are the type of cuban cigar u could buy and age 30 years and then sell at auction. I would age a behike a min. of 7 years before I'd smoke it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Direwolf:
    I will be smoking a 52 on my 30th in July. Can't wait!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    OchoZacho:
    Direwolf:
    You're only 30? Damn... I'm getting old. I'm turning 35!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    OchoZacho:
    Direwolf:
    You're only 30? Damn... I'm getting old. I'm turning 35!

I laugh at you boh... Ha, ha!! I know I'm not the oldest here, but 30 was nearly 11 years ago for me...
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    Direwolf:

With only five days between our birthdays I feel a birthday herf coming on, Zach...
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I had a 52 about 6 weeks ago, granted it was good, but for $32ish a stick it is hard to justify. I would love to smoke one again and to smoke more, hopefully with age, but I wouldn't hesitate to rest these, nothing to make me go buy more right now for that price tag...just my 2c.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I had a 52 about 6 weeks ago, granted it was good, but for $32ish a stick it is hard to justify. I would love to smoke one again and to smoke more, hopefully with age, but I wouldn't hesitate to rest these, nothing to make me go buy more right now for that price tag...just my 2c.
    ****, I would love to just get a couple of Behikes but I definately can not justify the price especially now.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Toombes:
    OchoZacho:
    Direwolf:

With only five days between our birthdays I feel a birthday herf coming on, Zach...
    You know I'm good with that!