Home General Discussion
Options

Official March Maddness Deals and I'm broke or will be soon thread!!

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Lets just update in here ALL the deals ccom sells this March Maddness!

3/7/11 --- $39.95

1 x Ashton VSG Belicoso (5.2"x52)
1 x Gurkha Crest Torpedo (6.5"x52)
1 x Arturo Fuente God of Fire by Don Carlos '07 Rob (5.2"x50)
1 x Graycliff Double Espresso (4.5"x54)
1 x Arturo Fuente OpusX Perfeccion No. 5 (4.8"x40)

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    CCom certainly kicked off March Madness with a bang! Came out of my morning meeting at work and they had already hung the "SOLD OUT" sign on this one!

• Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Yeah, was pretty busy this morning and missed out on it.
  • Options
    Well I would have passed on this deal anyways. I'm stocked with most of this stuff including Opus X!!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I snatched this one up, along with a couple of the other DCCC guys. Sometimes it is nice being 8 hours ahead, however, that just means ill be broke 8 hours earlier!
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Dang I missed this deal. :(
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    Well I would have passed on this deal anyways. I'm stocked with most of this stuff including Opus X!!
    Same. I stayed up and watched it roll over, and I was tempted, but decided to walk away on this one. Limited funds means I need to totally be in love with the deal if I'm going to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Russ55:
    zeebra:
    Same. I stayed up and watched it roll over, and I was tempted, but decided to walk away on this one. Limited funds means I need to totally be in love with the deal if I'm going to pull the trigger.
    +1 The wallet still hasn't quite recovered from my xmas time cigar buying.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Great Deal but TOTAL BS that it was thrown on there in the middle of the night!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Wait, you're in California too. 9:00pm is the middle of the night?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Russ55:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Russ, Oz is an old cat. Didn't you see him with that walker in the last avatar he had up? ;)
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Russ, Oz is an old cat. Didn't you see him with that walker in the last avatar he had up? ;)
    ////hey, if you are going to throw mud at people, you g-o-t-t-a b-e s-u-r-e t-o s-p-e-a-k a l-o-t s-l-o---w----e----r a-n-d m-u-c-h L-O-U-D-E-R..... so you can be sure they hear just what you are trying to say :)
  • Options
    bearb:
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ////hey, if you are going to throw mud at people, you g-o-t-t-a b-e s-u-r-e t-o s-p-e-a-k a l-o-t s-l-o---w----e----r a-n-d m-u-c-h L-O-U-D-E-R..... so you can be sure they hear just what you are trying to say :)

This deal was not on In California at 9 oclock.... it was midnight... when I looked at it at 830 California Time it said i was posted 8 hours ago........
    And Im not F-U-C-K-I-N-G OLD!...... My New Slogan is I may be old But at leaset i got to see all the COOL Bands!
    Anyway.... No walker in any of My avitars....... I think you have me confused with someone that GIVES A RATS ASS! LOL... SOrry Guys Im not having a Good DAY /WEEKEND Im trying to keep my wife Sane with her mom Dying...
  • Options
    it now says 14 hours ago? that would be 10 oclock my time....... and i was on here then and didnt see it and why would a Monday Deal be on a SUnday Night? LOL OH WELL if you cant beat um F-U-C-K um ! LOL
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    haha, yeah man, I'm in CA too, and its up at 9 pm every day which makes sense, since their in PA and post the Daily deal at midnight. Its been hard to predict the second and third deals now that their doing more than 1 a day, but that first deal of the day is always up by 9 pm our time and has been for a while. Last night I checked it at like 9:15 and it was up and available, but I chose to pass on it. Thats just b/c I'm waiting to see what the rest of the week brings.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    They throw that "old" term around like they'll never see it. With age comes wisdom, young men. Hey Oz, I still have my ticket stubs from The Grateful Dead and the The Allman Brothers from the early 70's.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    They throw that "old" term around like they'll never see it. With age comes wisdom, young men. Hey Oz, I still have my ticket stubs from The Grateful Dead and the The Allman Brothers from the early 70's.
    What did you smoke at that concert?
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    bearb:
    Sandman1am:
    Russ55:
    Redtailhawkoz:

This deal was not on In California at 9 oclock.... it was midnight... when I looked at it at 830 California Time it said i was posted 8 hours ago........
    And Im not F-U-C-K-I-N-G OLD!...... My New Slogan is I may be old But at leaset i got to see all the COOL Bands!
    Anyway.... No walker in any of My avitars....... I think you have me confused with someone that GIVES A RATS ASS! LOL... SOrry Guys Im not having a Good DAY /WEEKEND Im trying to keep my wife Sane with her mom Dying...
    This deal was absolutely active at 9pm pacific. I'm 100% positive. I check it every night at that time. Those times listed are not accurate, or not our time.
  • Options
    brizzzinebrizzzine Posts: 92
    I'm in Cali as well and it was up at 9pm sharp. I check both sites every night at 9pm like a ritual.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Awesome. Still have my GD stubs from the 90s. Wish i could have seen them back in the day. Still have my A-Bros stubs from 20 years ago to last year - glad they're still around! Did you ever see the Marshall Tucker Band in their heyday?
    (sorry for the threadjack! ;-)
  • Options
    I play the flute and know all of the Marshall Tucker songs. I better be careful. I gave Oz some flack for the Iron Maiden thread. LOL
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Fan-freakin-tastic. I live in the hometown of the MTB.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's a good sampler, but sort of weird at the same time. The Opus and GOF are on a different level from the other three sticks entirely. VSG isn't a rare cigar at all, and the Double Espresso, while expensive, can be had for pretty low prices on sale, or over the phone. The Crest, well, it may be expensive, but the cost there comes from the Gurkha band, not the quality of the tobacco. The Perfexcion no. 5 and Don Carlos GOF are both awesome cigars though, but not worth 40$.
  • Options
    3/8/11 -- $29.95

Sampler includes 5 Oliva Serie 'V' cigars including two in the limited Diademas size and one each of Churchill, Torpedo, and Double Robusto.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    docbp87:
    It's a good sampler, but sort of weird at the same time. The Opus and GOF are on a different level from the other three sticks entirely. VSG isn't a rare cigar at all, and the Double Espresso, while expensive, can be had for pretty low prices on sale, or over the phone. The Crest, well, it may be expensive, but the cost there comes from the Gurkha band, not the quality of the tobacco. The Perfexcion no. 5 and Don Carlos GOF are both awesome cigars though, but not worth 40$.

Glad to hear someone say it. I was thinking how I missed out on a deal I might like. . .even if I have some of these resting somewhere!
  • Options
    zeebra:
    3/8/11 -- $29.95

Sampler includes 5 Oliva Serie 'V' cigars including two in the limited Diademas size and one each of Churchill, Torpedo, and Double Robusto.
    Only having to buy one + cotm discount was very nice. I don't have a ton of room, but for that price I'll pull the trigger.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    3/8/11 -- $29.95

Is this a March Madness deal or just a regular daily deal?
  • Options
    skweekz:
    zeebra:
    3/8/11 -- $29.95

Is this a March Madness deal or just a regular daily deal?
    March Madness. This was one of the deals last year too.
  • Options
    brizzzine:
    I'm in Cali as well and it was up at 9pm sharp. I check both sites every night at 9pm like a ritual.

Hmmmmmmmm I must have been in a Time Warp! Oh well it is what it is or was...........
  • Options
    beatnic:

:) LOL ive been to three dead shows .. never saw them..... I have been known to hang out in the Haight in San Fran and Stop by their old house , which the energy there is NUTS, and I have eaten Breakfast with Mickey Hart and Bob Weir and STanley Mouse the Artist that did allot of thier Album art, they all live in the Redwoods near Occidental Ca, where i spend a couple weekends a month. Those guys are a TRIP... just everyday normal guys, unless you knew who they were they would walk right by you and sit next to you and you wouldnt even know it... LOL Do you know who Tom Waits is beatnik?
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    beatnic:

:) LOL ive been to three dead shows .. never saw them..... I have been known to hang out in the Haight in San Fran and Stop by their old house , which the energy there is NUTS, and I have eaten Breakfast with Mickey Hart and Bob Weir and STanley Mouse the Artist that did allot of thier Album art, they all live in the Redwoods near Occidental Ca, where i spend a couple weekends a month. Those guys are a TRIP... just everyday normal guys, unless you knew who they were they would walk right by you and sit next to you and you wouldnt even know it... LOL Do you know who Tom Waits is beatnik?
    Sure do. Gravelly voiced jazz/blues singer. I believe he started by backing up the likes of Captain Beefheart and Zappa. He wrote the song "Downtown Train" popularized by Rod Stewart. Never saw him.