Home General Discussion

I'm Back

Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
Howdy Yall. It sure has been a long time and there are a lot of new faces in the crowd. I sure have missed seeing you guys and watching all the Destruction coming and going. For all you Noobs watch out some of these guys are looking for innocent people to relocate and or destroy your mailbox. As some of you know I was injured in an Ambulance wreck on 12/29/14. I spent 11 days at the trauma center and in ICU, I was then sent to a Rehab Center to learn how to walk again. I have just gotten out of the wheelchair about 2 weeks ago and am getting around with a moon-boot and walker. I have came along way and still have along way to go. I start my Cognitive Therapy next week and start working with a psychologist later this month to deal with the PTSD. I am still on medical leave indefinitely if not permanently as a medic. Time will tell. I have been Tobacco free since the accident :). I had lost 45lbs while in the hospital and rehab but have somehow managed to gain 25lbs back YUK. lol I wont go into any gory details because well heck I don't remember much. So now were all on the same page lets have some fun. OH BTW MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED FOR ALL YOU VETS SO DONT GET ANY FUNNY IDEAS... Brian

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!!!!

We were all shocked when we heard but were hearing snippets now and then that you were on the mend, glad you seem to be doing a lot better and know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you for a full recovery!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Thanks E, Much appreciated Brother.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Medic! I've recently made a return as well.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to meet ya.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Redneck Mafia member has returned. Nice to meet you.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you back and on the mend.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Pleasure to meet ta meet ya man. Glad to hear your recovering and I only hope you continue to do so!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Brian, out of the wheelchair that's major, congrat's on that. God speed on your recovery
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very glad to see you're on the recovery road. I've been rooting for ya and wondering how you were doing. Keep on keeping on, big guy.... ??
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that things continue to go well And you keep getting better! Glad to see you back
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good hearing from you and that you are doing better.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I would loose weight too eating hospital food.

Welcome back brother!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian, Glad to see you back and hear that your recovering nicely.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Brian..feel better soon!!!!!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very glad to hear your doing better!!! Good to see you back on the boards brother!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Anyone track down the new address yet?
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back brotha...I just started making a few appearances again a few weeks ago...continue to get well man...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're back :)
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Not sure who you are, but welcome back all the same. :)
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Medic, sorry to hear bout the f'ed up crash, gratz to commin through on top! :)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home man!! Good to see you around again!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see your posting and back hanging with a crazy bunch of guys/gals. Best of luck toward your road to recovery. Happy to hear your getting therapy for both physical and psychological impact of the accident. Stay strong.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to have you back. Toombes let us know what happened, lots of folks were sending prayers your way!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Good to see you around!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back!! Good to see that you are starting to get better!!
  • 716SMOKE716SMOKE Posts: 22
    Glad to meet ya Medic! Thanks for the warm welcome... Sounds like you just kicked ass during rehab! Congrats brother! Now post your "addy"! As an actual Veteran I'm rather shilled at hazing and would love to repay the favor! You know screen shot your address and post it for everyone...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    716SMOKE:
    Glad to meet ya Medic! Thanks for the warm welcome... Sounds like you just kicked ass during rehab! Congrats brother! Now post your "addy"! As an actual Veteran I'm rather shilled at hazing and would love to repay the favor! You know screen shot your address and post it for everyone...
    Define actual veteran as opposed to fake vet ;) I'm down...post that addy.
    Veteran; service member... As opposed to Vet of this forum community. If that's not how it was being used then the context was ambiguous ;) PS no one said "fake Vet"
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    716SMOKE:
    Veteran; service member... As opposed to Vet of this forum community. If that's not how it was being used then the context was ambiguous ;) PS no one said "fake Vet"
    Just joshing you bro. We're not all lucky enough to have served. PM me your addy so I can thank you for your service!PS - Nobody said fake vet, but you said "real" which implies there are fake.I like you already!
    LoL I love the banter... Medic out smarted me and took a screen shot of my dumbass posting my address in my bio... Fool me once... You know the rest! Serving is something some do and some don't, but being a Veteran doesn't make a person better or more entitled than anyone. The only issue I ever have is with those who openly disregard their (our) service and their general disrespect towards them (us). I like you already too!