Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Getting my gallbladder taken out :(

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
I've never had surgery before. Any of you guys have your gallbladder out?

They also told me I probably have M.A.L.S., which is a nerve / muscle thing, in addition to the gallbladder thing, that requires surgery as well.

I was supposed to find out Friday which surgery I need, but no one can read the results til Monday :(

I have heard mostly that the gb surgery is a piece of cake.
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had my gall bladder removed but it was done in conjunction with my cancer surgery so I can't really say whether the GB part was a piece of cake. I can tell you that I had only one gallstone and I'm d@mned glad I never had to try to pass it. Here's why:

photo 80EE8F53-B1EC-42BF-8DCE-757560A06873.jpg

I doubt I'm man enough to pass one this size..... ??

If you're in relatively good health otherwise you'll probably do just fine with the surgery. You may have to alter your eating habits for a while. They told me I would, but after a few months I was eating pretty much what I wanted.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that my friend. Never had it done, but I've had a few patients that have. Most said the only major difference was diet, and for some of them it was permanent and others it was not. Keep your head up."The gallbladder is a small organ that sits under your liver. It stores, concentrates, and helps secrete bile, a liquid made by your liver that helps digest fatty foods."I'm not a doctor (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn), but I'm sure they'll let you know if it's usual temporary or permanent in most people.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I had my gall bladder removed this past August. Mine was Laporascopically removed. I walked out of the outpatient center and was fully up and about in a few days. I've had a lot of surgeries in my life. Gallbladder removal was by far the easiest. I hope your procedure goes well. Best wishes
  • Options
    Poopy Jones:
    I had my gall bladder removed this past August. Mine was Laporascopically removed. I walked out of the outpatient center and was fully up and about in a few days. I've had a lot of surgeries in my life. Gallbladder removal was by far the easiest. I hope your procedure goes well. Best wishes
    That's how they're going to get mine, Laporascopically. This is good to hear.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter-in-law's having her gallbladder removed this Wednesday. They're doing robot assisted laproscopic surgery. Surgery by robots just sounds cool. It's supposed to be a pretty simple and routine procedure. I'll let you know how it goes.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Poopy Jones:
    That's how they're going to get mine, Laporascopically. This is good to hear.
    I've only had one surgery, to repair a hernia in my abdomen just above my bellybutton (they thought it was umbilical until they got in there). I remember the first day I was thinking it was no big deal at all and then the second day being far worse than the first. I guess some anesthesia took longer to wear off. The pain was bad but the fear was worse that it had retorn or something somehow causing all the pain, I wish someone had warned me. So, you're warned, I don't know if it will happen, but if it does it'll pass and nothing is wrong.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:

They also told me I probably have M.A.L.S., which is a nerve / muscle thing, in addition to the gallbladder thing, that requires surgery as well.

I was supposed to find out Friday which surgery I need, but no one can read the results til Monday :(

Damn YR, sorry.bro. If it helps wifey just had gb surgery last month, 4cuts, in and out she's already back to her feisty self, I've never been cut on on so I feel ya uneasiness, best wishes and good karma comin ur way youngster! :)
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty routine surgery now, if they offer I would suggest percocet, lol. My wife is having problems and they will have to remove it eventually, for now changing her diet has been working, but only a matter of time. Probably have to tweak your diet afterwards too.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy peasy. Not bad at all. Take it easy for a couple days after. Diet affect people differently. Only thing that affects me is the every once in a while b-line to the bathroom after a meal.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Also be prepared for an overnight stay and a second procedure if you have stones and they are in the bile duct.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:

saw you were getting ready to move. you still in the cleveland area?
    maybe we can meet up and grab a smoke before you head to the other side of the country.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    youngryan216:

saw you were getting ready to move. you still in the cleveland area?
    maybe we can meet up and grab a smoke before you head to the other side of the country.
    Absolutely, I would love to grab a smoke sometime. I'm moving in about 6 weeks. I'll drop you a line after they take this ba5tard out of me.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well! Keep us updated.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Had surgery Wednesday. I haven't pooped yet. It's gonna be a doozie when I do tho boyyyyy!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Had surgery Wednesday. I haven't pooped yet. It's gonna be a doozie when I do tho boyyyyy!
    Prunes...now. Hope you feel better soon!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    The road to recovery has some bumps. Glad everything went ok though.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    The pain meds are great unil it comes to the dokie!!! Good luck sir!

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    You can do it!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't push too hard
  • Options
    hahah ^ I will try not to
  • Options
    Dear Lord. . .the bathroom smells like a morgue now. Mission accomplished.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Get yo poopie dance goin!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    youngryan216:
    Get yo poopie dance goin!
    Congrats, do you have any "it's a boy" cigars to smoke??
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America