Home General Discussion

Fonseca, no taste??

Now I am smoking a Foseca original robusto. I am not sure is because I am so fond of full bodied cigar, or this one is just nowhere to find its taste. It's completely tasteless to me....and by the way, it's my first time to try this thing.

Anyone has tried this before, and is willing to share some experience? Thanks.

Ps:
I kept it well in my humidor before I somke it; during the somking, it has even burnlines, good draw, but just no taste.

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had one and didn't enjoy it myself. I thought it was very light with little flavor.
  • mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Exactly.....
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The classic Fonseca line is very mild and light bodied. Perhaps you like some more full bodied blends? Or did you eat anything beforehand or brush your teeth just before smoking it? Sometimes the aftertaste from heavy meals or strong-tasting foods can overpower the milder cigars.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Fonseca I likes was the Arana, and it was just ok.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    One of the first samplers i bought was a Fonseca and bla!
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a 550 last sat night, granted it was after several beers and a shot or two, but I thought it was a decent smoke, not spectacular but not unpleasent. Definitely not top shelf but in my notes I put it down as good for the price. Definitely not the strongest maybe a medium