Home Ratings & Reviews

MOTHER F***ER

SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
Allrighty so I think I've reached the stage of this hobby where I'm torn between holding my sticks and smoking them (this hobby is weird, perishable and whatnot). So knowing my noob status, I've purposely avoided this part of the forum, knowing damn well my humble little humi cant hang with the bigboys. I've already got two fools I gotta payback and then made the mistake of cracking jokes about trying a My Father (MFer) theyre so respected I've been holding the two I have cuz if I smoke em, then I aint got em! I already knew yall cats on this forum are a little crazy (feels like home) and like to swing haymakers at fools, So this guy bandyt09 starts smack talkin to me in a PM and of course I aint one to back down from some sh*t talk.....
I STAND CORRECTED WTF MFer!!!!!
bandyt09 THANK YOU, I will be trying my first MFer TONIGHT (and your a$$ is on the list!) ;)
photo 20150222_093028_edited_zpsb05plxsg.jpg
photo 20150222_093618_edited_zpsyxwa4hq1.jpg

Comments

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I did not like my first My Father, probably was early in my career. Second one I had was a Le Bijou, not only do I love saying it, but I loved smoking it. I've now found I like all of the MF line that I've tried. I hear you on the not wanting to smoke them sometimes. I was getting low on Las Calaveras and started to get a bit anxious. Was so excited when I found another box. But I've been working on telling myself to enjoy them, you gotta smoke 'em. Even if it's your last impossible to find again, there will be others out there you enjoy, right?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Love the knife too...But you posted this in the wrong area :)
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    CRAP!
    D Fresh:
    Awesome! Love the knife too...But you posted this in the wrong area :)

Wont let me delete it, so now its in two areas! The noob strikes again LOL
    Edna20:
    Sweet! I did not like my first My Father, probably was early in my career. Second one I had was a Le Bijou, not only do I love saying it, but I loved smoking it. I've now found I like all of the MF line that I've tried. I hear you on the not wanting to smoke them sometimes. I was getting low on Las Calaveras and started to get a bit anxious. Was so excited when I found another box. But I've been working on telling myself to enjoy them, you gotta smoke 'em. Even if it's your last impossible to find again, there will be others out there you enjoy, right?

Its weird, every other hobby Ive had I get to hold and admire what I got (comics, guitars, games) now I have to decide whether to hold or to enjoy, I tell myself the point is to enjoy the moment and savor the experience but the collector in me wants to put them on a shelf LOL
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    Edna20:

Its weird, every other hobby Ive had I get to hold and admire what I got (comics, guitars, games) now I have to decide whether to hold or to enjoy, I tell myself the point is to enjoy the moment and savor the experience but the collector in me wants to put them on a shelf LOL
    Keep the bands! Smoke that ish.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    SM0K3Y:
    Edna20:

Keep the bands! Smoke that ish.

I've got a scrapbook going complete with bands and noob notes,LOl Makes me feel nerdy and cracks the wife up, but this stuff costs dollars I need to know if theyre worth buying again
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL!
    Todd and the imfamous 20 count slapped you around.
    Smoke them!!
    I have a bunch of cigars that I have been "saving" for that special occaision.
    You know what? Every day is a special occasion.
    They are meant to enjoy. Great job Todd!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    ROFL!
    Todd and the imfamous 20 count slapped you around.
    Smoke them!!
    I have a bunch of cigars that I have been "saving" for that special occaision.
    You know what? Every day is a special occasion.
    They are meant to enjoy. Great job Todd!
    It took me awhile to figure this out myself. I only have one humi and it doesn't hold as much as you hope it would. Chances are you're not holding onto a truly rare cigar and you will find some more. So smoke'em if ya got'em!
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, do a MFer review.
    Noted gents, the experience is what matters, and the collection is second, it really has been weighing on me LOL Not that any I have are like some rare once in a lifetime stuff or anything
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    Noted gents, the experience is what matters, and the collection is second, it really has been weighing on me LOL Not that any I have are like some rare once in a lifetime stuff or anything
    Think of it like this, if you died tomorrow, would you be mad that you never tried that Opus or ISOM you've been hanging on to?

I have always felt like this is not a collector's hobby. But, there are always guys who will pay 5k for a bottle of wine and just look at it.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    youngryan216:
    SM0K3Y:
    Think of it like this, if you died tomorrow, would you be mad that you never tried that Opus or ISOM you've been hanging on to?

I have always felt like this is not a collector's hobby. But, there are always guys who will pay 5k for a bottle of wine and just look at it.

Well said YR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After meeting Todd in Chicago, I'd definitely say I'd bromance that guy fo sho!! Helluva guy...and smoke them, not in one day but hopefully when you've got the time to relax and enjoy the experience.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is too short not to smoke good cigars!!! Fire it up!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293:
    Life is too short not to smoke good cigars!!! Fire it up!

Duly noted gents, I'm taking this too heart, even though the collector in me wants to catch em all