Home Pipes

Pouches

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Do you use one? If so please explain why. If not please explain why.

Being new to pipes, I do not have one yet. But once I spend serious money on a pipe I will. Thoughts
One God, One Truth

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2 pipe combo pouch that I use when I travel or if I'm going to pipe club or something like that, I don't smoke a pipe while I drive tho I have tried. This past month we have a job that's about a 50 min drive so I drive one week and my business partner drives the next so I have been able to enjoy a pipe on the ride out, the pouch offers really good protection and keeps everything I need/want together. I was concerned about the tobacco pouch a bit, thought it might let it dry out to much, it just folds over and has 2 snaps but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I fill both pouches Sunday night (2 diff blends) and everything is still good on Friday.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I have a client who uses a pouch. I haven't had a chance to ask him about it yet. Me? I haven't a clue what to do with it or how to even load it. I am looking forward to your answers!!!
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    I have a 2 pipe combo pouch that I use when I travel or if I'm going to pipe club or something like that, I don't smoke a pipe while I drive tho I have tried. This past month we have a job that's about a 50 min drive so I drive one week and my business partner drives the next so I have been able to enjoy a pipe on the ride out, the pouch offers really good protection and keeps everything I need/want together. I was concerned about the tobacco pouch a bit, thought it might let it dry out to much, it just folds over and has 2 snaps but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I fill both pouches Sunday night (2 diff blends) and everything is still good on Friday.
    I did not see your post before I posted mine.

Does the pouch keep the tobacco fresh?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    onestrangeone:
    I did not see your post before I posted mine.

Does the pouch keep the tobacco fresh?
    They do a half-decent job, but I wouldn't suggest leaving anything in there for long-term storage. In my pouch I've generally kept a corner of an old hanky (1 inch square) - I dampen it every few days when I'm traveling (my pouch is similar to Onestrangeone's, a 2 pipe combo with a fold-over pouch).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨