Home Pipes

I tried it!!

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, thanks for all the advice with my pipe newb-ness.
I picked up a corn cob starter kit, it included a corn cob pipe, Captain Black Cherry tobacco and a pipe tool.
I had a successful smoke last nite, and its actually very enjoyable. The flavor was very mild, but enough to get a good try at a new way of smoking.
Im still not sure what to do with the pipe tool yet, but ill figure it out LOL

I guess now its about finding tobaccos I like, Thanks again guys

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so it begins!
    I mostly use the pipe tool as a dampener to help keep it lit
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    And so it begins!
    Dampener? do I lightly pack it down after I have lit the tobacco?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    onestrangeone:
    And so it begins!
    Dampener? do I lightly pack it down after I have lit the tobacco?
    You don't want to pack it anymore than you already have, just rest it on top of the tobacco and lightly tamp it to keep the top somewhat flat, it restricts the airflow and makes the cherry hotter, sometimes I will use the poker to loosen up around the edges to help the burn.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    And so it begins!
    This is pretty well covered in thr pipe tips thread, though you'll have to sift through to find out what you need. No time now, but if you need to we can go ever it in a couple days
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain