Home Cigar 101

Seasoned yet?

Im seasoning my humidor for a week now with 84boveda. The hygro read around 75% since i got it in the mail so i grabbed distilled water to swell the seal around the glass and seal to be sure it wasnt leaking( but not enough to cause damages). Both my analog and digital hygros are calibrated.( i was pretty shocked that the analog was so accurate), and they both read out at 89%with the boveda packs in after an hour after the wipe down. Is it ready for my cigars or should i wait a couple days?
EDIT: over night it stabilized with both hygros reading 75% when i have 2 boveda seasoning packs in my 50ct humi.
-its been approximately 40° in louisiana (where i live) if that matters

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Not exactly sure what you did with the distilled water,, you were probably good @ 75 and should of put your cigars in at that time, do not put any cigars in your humi until it reads between 70 & 75. leave the lid open overnight, put the boveda in a ziplock bag for later use if needed. I expect your humi will drop 5 once you put the ciars in, you want your hygrometer to read between 65 -70 with the cigars in
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Patience is the key, don't rush it. You have the rh up now let it go down and keep it stable for a while. Easy with the water you don't want to do damage, I used to wipe my trays only at first. Speaking of analogs, I had one that came in a humi and was accurate for 2 years. Looked like something from Das Boot.