Home General Discussion

I Quit..... Enough is Enough!!!!!

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
That's right, I quit dammit and this is enough BS! It's officially been over two weeks since I've had a cigarette and I am done for life woohoo!!!

What, did y'all think this was about something else? :P
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    That's right, I quit dammit and this is enough BS! It's officially been over two weeks since I've had a cigarette and I am done for life woohoo!!!

Congrats bro. Stay strong and keep it up.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks John, hard parts over and I have no desire to ever go down that road again. Saving over $330/month alone just by quitting smoking.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bout to be on day one myself...the struggle is real. Congrats brah :)
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice!!!! Congrats man! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Great move for yourself and family!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Congrats bud! Yeah you fooled me......
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks John, hard parts over and I have no desire to ever go down that road again. Saving over $330/month alone just by quitting smoking.
    WHAT...How much are cigarettes there, and how many pack were you burning ?
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on this feat of strength!
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    That's a great achievement. Congrats, bro!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Shut the F up!!!

Seriously though, CONGRATS!!!
    kaspera79:
    90+ Irishman:
    Tony, both Amanda and I quit and between the two of us we would go through about 2 packs a day. Sometimes more and sometimes less, but 2 packs a day is average. Two packs came out to $9+ a day if we bought it at the right gas station or $10+ otherwise. We looked at what we had been paying over a whole month for the past 6 months and we averaged a little under or over $300/month or so. Will be a huge difference not doing that, and very proud of Amanda that she quit too!

Thanks for all the congrats and kind wishes, I should make it clear that my wife Amanda quit too so we are as a family 100% cigarette free! In fact minus cigars we are tobacco free now, I used to chew as well and even quit that :)
    kaspera79:
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh and Tony, 2 packs between the two of us is a lot better than what I used to be at. For 4+ years I was burning 2-3 packs a day just by myself lol.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. Wife and I are coming up on 2 years. Its tough, but stick with it. Best thing you will ever do
    rsherman24:
    Congrats. Wife and I are coming up on 2 years. Its tough, but stick with it. Best thing you will ever do
    Thanks Sherm really :)
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Irish.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Congrats, Irish.
    +1 Great job!! You got this!!!
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Wow, that is fantastic! Congrats to you guys. You should get yourself some nice bourbon with the savings :)
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think about it, you only ever have to give up just ONE cigarette...........the NEXT one! ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    benhanks:
    Wow, that is fantastic! Congrats to you guys. You should get yourself some nice bourbon with the savings :)
    Lol look in the What Booze Did You Get thread.... Did that and then some the past week lol.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:

Nope. Read the subject line and wondered who,.... and saw your name so,..... I knew,......."he ain't quitin' us" :) Congrats on beating cigarettes. That's great news.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's brother, you are a better man than me. Congrat's to your wife too. I hope to join you one day, down to about 3 cigs a day but just can't kick it.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on 2 weeks. Keep it up!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome man congrats!
    Money can't buy taste
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Quitter............
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nov 2013 a cigar fest advertisement sent me out looking my old friends. Tried to smoke a cigaret about 3 months in, it was disgusting and I had not realized I had not had one for so long. After about 9 months I gave my cigaret packs away. It was a great feeling and I know how you feel. Good for you.
    Thank you everyone really appreciate all the kindness well wishes we are going to be staying strong on this one for good!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About fvckin time. Serious my man, congrats to you and Amanda. It's difficult to do, but with the two of you, you will make it happen. When you are needing a smoke...look at Cael.
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man! Been down that road and often all it takes is proper motivation. I was told by my girlfriend a few years ago that I either quit or we were done. She's now my wife and I appreciate that ultimatum as it was a great decision. Best of luck to you and your wife. The longer you go the easier it gets.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    kaspera79:
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh and Tony, 2 packs between the two of us is a lot better than what I used to be at. For 4+ years I was burning 2-3 packs a day just by myself lol.
    When I read that number I thought it was a lot. I know Illinois has one of the highest prices on cigarettes in the country at 7.50 in the suburbs and over ten buck in Chicago, actually 11.50 because of taxes. Second only to New York where it is as high as 15.00 a pack. That alone should make someone quit. Congratulations on the lifestyle change, I know it's tough to quit, it took me many attempts before I could do it.