Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigar Contest Christmas Charity

My classroom is holding our annual adopt a child campaign, where we raise funds to buy gifts for a child at a partner school with a low income bracket. I have challenged my classroom to take this one-step further, and raise enough money to adopt the entire family. We are working to raise funds to support an entire family’s Christmas gifts. Every penny counts, so I figured I would run a contest for the different forums I am on. I am giving away three fivers to three winners. To qualify, all you have to do is donate any amount over $5 to my PayPal account. Obviously, you can donate any amount you like, as everything helps large or small. I can guarantee you something nice will be in each package that you cannot find at any shop. I will have my students pick the winners at random out of a hat by name. My PP account is under catfishbluezz@hotmail.com. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Keeping this open until Thursday, winners picked Friday.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be sending you some later today. I help out at a local restaurant that closes down on christmas eve and works with local schools and shelters to invite in those that are less fortunate and we provide a hot meal, dessert, santa, house hold items (tp, paper towel and things) plus we get info on all the family members interest and provide them each with a gift. Last year we fed about 500 people. I should add that everything is donated. The owner of the restaurant fronts the bill for all the food and then they collect money throughout the year with countertop change buckets and gift donations.

Hope you guys can get enough to adopt the entire family.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Thank you brother. I really want to empower these kids to work together as a group and see what a collective group can do to impact one family. Teaching the art of giving is a beautiful process, and the rewards are something no one can take away.
    Didn't get to it until this morning but I just sent some money your way.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Thank you brother! I plan on tossing some good stuff in these fivers ;)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey D, text me your PP addy again.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $$ sent
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent what i could at this time. My ptsd group and other groups at the Asheville VA play Santa for three familys of struggling veterans. We buy shoes, coats, food, tools, and help out with their monthly electric bills etc. There are lots of young children in these familys so we get toys for them. It's the right thing to do as your allowing your kids to help others is Catfish.All the best.
    Thank you gents, so far this has been very successful.
    Cash flow sent, D. No cigars necessary brotwanger.
    Got it dzr. Many thanks, but I ain't letting you slide if you win lol
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Done. Wit my winnings going to DZR.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donation Sent. Great cause Dustin.
    WaltBasil:
    WAAAT DAA SHIIIIET?
    Ya Dustin, no need to put me in for the contest either. I would say give them to to the kids but that is probably illegal, so I will take Walt's lead and donate to DZR if I win.
    rsherman24:
    Ya Dustin, no need to put me in for the contest either. I would say give them to to the kids but that is probably illegal, so I will take Walt's lead and donate to DZR if I win.
    Hahahahaha! Eff you guys man
    rsherman24:
    i think I can smash dzr again =]=]=]=]
    Bump...keeping this open until fri morning. Were getting gifts Monday.
    danielzreyes:
    WaltBasil:
    WAAAT DAA SHIIIIET?
    Mine too if I win-- DZR
    You guys seen that one movie? The one called "f*ck you guys". Great movie.
    Don't worry...I'll hit Shizz if he wins
    Gents, we raised $658 and pulled the winners today. If this is any of you, please let me know and email me your addy from the email address you used, as well as your likes and dislikes image image image
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome Dustin! Great work with your kids there. And I hope you honor The Shizz's request.
    Shizz is getting murdered...
    catfishbluezz:
    Geez please kill DZR
    Good job Dustin. Great experience for the kids. Glad I could help. Now destroy the winners.
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    Geez please kill my bio
    Shizz...update that bio SON
    rsherman24:
    Good job Dustin. Great experience for the kids. Glad I could help. Now destroy the winners.
    What is really special, is their 5 year old son just got diagnosed with a brain tumor. They denied help for a week, until I called the principal and let her know that my sister had the same issue at 12 years old and my family had a similar experience. Given the amount we raised, not only will we be buying presents for all of their children, but I will also give the parents a VISA gift card as well, to help with the traveling expenses. Where we live, closest hospital that can take on that kind of ailment is UCLA, two hours away
    catfishbluezz:
    rsherman24:
    What is really special, is their 5 year old son just got diagnosed with a brain tumor. They denied help for a week, until I called the principal and let her know that my sister had the same issue at 12 years old and my family had a similar experience. Given the amount we raised, not only will we be buying presents for all of their children, but I will also give the parents a VISA gift card as well, to help with the traveling expenses. Where we live, closest hospital that can take on that kind of ailment is UCLA, two hours away
    So glad we were able to help out!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

First Warrior:
    Sent what i could at this time. My ptsd group and other groups at the Asheville VA play Santa for three familys of struggling veterans. We buy shoes, coats, food, tools, and help out with their monthly electric bills etc. There are lots of young children in these familys so we get toys for them. It's the right thing to do as your allowing your kids to help others is Catfish.All the best.
    This is my second sinner from Ccom, Rodger reached out to me via email. Knowing he supports veterans with PTSD, I plan on sending something extra. Thanks for participating, I am waiting on one more guy to get back to me. If I do not hear from him, I will get your guys packages out by Wed/Thu latest.