Home Cigar 101

Cuban cigars are taboo - what else?

I am old enough to know about the issues with Cuba.  Is there any other not so obvious legal issues to know about?

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and bless you for your efforts to surprise you son with excellent cigars. As for any legal concerns, I can't think of anything other than the Cuban restrictions. All cigars sold at retail in the US will be non-Cuban so there's not much of a problem avoiding any of that trouble. Will you be shipping any cigars? I recommend USPS over UPS. And don't mention to the desk personnel that you are shipping cigars. It's legal to ship cigars but some postal employees are unaware of their own rules.
    <br. As for any legal concerns, I can't think of anything other than the Cuban restrictions. All cigars sold at retail in the US will be non-Cuban so there's not much of a problem avoiding any of that trouble. Will you be shipping any cigars? I recommend USPS over UPS. And don't mention to the desk personnel that you are shipping cigars. It's legal to ship cigars but some postal employees are unaware of their own rules.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome and bless you for your efforts to surprise you son with excellent cigars. As for any legal concerns, I can't think of anything other than the Cuban restrictions. All cigars sold at retail in the US will be non-Cuban so there's not much of a problem avoiding any of that trouble. Will you be shipping any cigars? I recommend USPS over UPS. And don't mention to the desk personnel that you are shipping cigars. It's legal to ship cigars but some postal employees are unaware of their own rules.
    +1. UPS employees can be uninformed and thus quite infuriating. Please also consider that many non-cuban cigars are of comparable quality and often offer a more consistently well-constructed product. Best of all they are 100% legal.

However, if you are intent on Cubans, just know your source. Happy Holidays!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico