Home General Discussion

Air purifiers anyone use one?

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
Hey any of you guys use a Air purifiers so you can smoke inside? I'm guessing they don't work that well. thought id ask if anyone had any experience.
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a exaust fan mounted in a double hung window.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was an Army recruiter we all had one at our desks. They worked somewhat, look for one with a "5-pin ionizer" as a component of the system if you get one. I'd also put some kind of cool mist humidifier in the room, though not aimed right at you.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot that can factor in to how well a purifier can work. Some like ozone, some don't. Depends on how ventilated the room is and if stale smoke just sits... also if theres carpet curtains, etc. I think overall an air purifier can help, but it isnt a one stop miracle smoke and odor remover. Ive considered getting one, but im sure nothing beats some kind of vent or fan to suck the smoke out before theres an odor.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exhaust fan works great if practical for your smoking area. I was finishing my basement and building a bar so I put a $60 exhaust fan in behind the bar. I put the ashtray near the fan while smoking, and I can't smell the cigar odor at all (and the acid test, the wife has never complained)
  • thisjamesburtonthisjamesburton Posts: 2
    Yes, there are a lot of inexpensive and effective air purifiers for cigarette smoke on the market. I personally like the Levoit air purifier most of all, because it has a sleek design
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thisjamesburton

Why are you here?

Do you work for Levoit?!! 

What's your favorite cigar?

I bet he's never smoked a cigar.

parks and recreation the johnny karate super awesome musical explosion show GIF

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You got to give him credit though. He dug up a post from 2014 to reply on. Maybe he is really @big''nball''n and this has been a part of a four-year ruse to get us to buy his air purifier. That takes commitment, gentlemen!
    Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Necro Spam.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • thisjamesburtonthisjamesburton Posts: 2
    Guys, I do not work for the company Levoit, as well as for other manufacturers of air purifiers. I have been smoking for 15 years, and now I am 33 years old)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your first post on this cigar forum was plugging a specific brand of air purifier on a four year old thread? Well done.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thisjamesburton said:
    Guys, I do not work for the company Levoit, as well as for other manufacturers of air purifiers. I have been smoking for 15 years, and now I am 33 years old)
    Welcome James. Here's a link to the newbie welcoming thread should you wish to make a more detailed introduction. https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread