Home General Discussion

Sipping Rums

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
Hey any of you guys try any of these sipping rums. I like sailor jerry's to sip on but there are many more out there. I just bought some Appleton Estate Jamaican rum, it is not spiced and has more of a burn to it, i'll have to see how my palate develops, its not aged I'd like to see how that would change the flavors. any thoughts or experience?
http://cigarandspirits.com/featured-spirits-rum/
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    El dorado rum
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search for rum in the non cigar related thread. There's a few threads in there that really make me want to buy some good rum. Only rum I've ever had are Morgan and Sailor Jerry.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Jerrys kittys favorite.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaya.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is another rum thread that may help.

I've tried plantation nicaragua rum and it was very good. Looking for some Flor de Cana but haven't seen it yet. Ive seen Zaya recommended a lot too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    NCR
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sippin on some sizzurp
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Flor De Cana 18 yr is great
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my recommendations based on what I've had. Also, if you want some good rum information send a PM to Rob1110, I have gotten a lot of great alcohol recommendations from him.

El Dorado Demerara 15 Year Old

Ron Zacapa XO - Good but no worth the coin, IMO. Go with the Ron Zacapa Solera 23 instead

Zaya 12 Year Old - A good introduction to rum, however, tends to be a little sweet

Montecristo 12

Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva

Plantation 20 Anos

Cruzan Single Barrel - good for sipping and mixing

Hope these help.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    Hey any of you guys try any of these sipping rums. I like sailor jerry's to sip on but there are many more out there. I just bought some Appleton Estate Jamaican rum, it is not spiced and has more of a burn to it, i'll have to see how my palate develops, its not aged I'd like to see how that would change the flavors. any thoughts or experience?

Thank you for posting that.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Zaya.
    +1
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Big''nBall''n:

Thank you for posting that.
    No Prob
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some Flor de Cana Anejo de Oro a couple weeks ago, liked it, and liked the price.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Flor De Cana 18 yr is great
    i have a bottle of the 12 year that i like. ive not had the 18 year. would love to try. the 9 year is good also. the 5 and 3 year are good for mixing, sipping ... not so much. a bit hot.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Big''nBall''n:
    I have just recently started drinking sipping Rum. The two that I have had that I really enjoyed.

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 Year Blended Rum - It was in a bottle that was completely covered in a woven palm leaf with a handle and cap that matched. Because of this it was really hard to judge how much was being drank and and before we knew it the bottle was empty. It was really dark and syrupy, almost to sweet.

Havana Club 7 Year - This has been my favorite. i'm a Bourbon drinker and it was really close in flavor profile.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I, too, am a strong advocate for Zaya. It may not be the absolute best rum in the world, but the price is very approachable and makes for a regular drink without being too hard to swallow (so to speak). Others have mentioned the Flor de Cana, also a good one. My last bottle in the States was the 18yr and it was fantastic - unquestionably a sipping rum, not one to be mixed...far too delicate.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Diplomatico Reserva. Just damn good!