Home General Discussion

Thoughts after 1 month

D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
Quick backstory...I have smoked cigars for a few years but really only sparingly on the golf course or other random special occasions. I really started getting into them more in the last 6 months and even more seriously in the last month when I joined the forum.

Since joining the forum...I have learned so much in the last month it's unbelievable. That information is invaluable and I still have much to learn. Since I have joined ccom I have seen an amazing level of camaraderie and kindness that I can't even describe. I've been a part of a lot of message boards and have NEVER seen a closer group of people. It truly speaks to the character of each person here. Since joining I have been a part of a trade (thanks Rain) and a part of a generous pass (thanks DZR). I never thought I would be giving my address out to "strangers" after all, stranger=danger. But I look forward to being part of more trades and passes and once I build up a solid collection, initiating some bombing runs.

Lastly, why I love cigars...this is a complex answer that I will simplify. I love a cigar and some bourbon after a long day. That's my time to relax by myself and really unwind. I absolutely get complete satisfaction out of it. I love a herf with good friends. This is something I don't get as often but it provides a different satisfaction than smoking by myself. Point being, smoking cigars is an all around enjoyment for me and the more new cigars I try the more I enjoy it.

Ultimately this is a thanks to everyone here for the knowledge and kindness I have experienced here. Like it or not I'm not going anywhere so I hope I can be a contributing member to this forum! That's all I got for now :)

Comments

• benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Hey D, glad you are here. I am a fairly new member but I have been smoking cigars for about 11 years now. All of the reasons you just mentioned are almost the exact same for me! This is a great place and lot of fun.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Xoxo
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to both of you... And this isn't quite the air raid siren yet, but both of you are part of the few addresses I have lol. It'll come when you least expect it!
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Same back atcha, We have been out of town this week due to some unexpected family stuff but I think I will have a package at my office tomorrow with your return addy on it and I have something for Rain too. Look out :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Rain:
    Xoxo
    xoxo to you both.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Group hug.
    One God, One Truth
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Group hug.
    FFS, didn't mean for this to turn sappy LOL
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    roland_7707:
    Group hug.
    FFS, didn't mean for this to turn sappy LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're enjoying your time here! This is a great place even with the occassional arguments.this is a very rare forum! Everyone here is respectful and kind. I've tried other forums and most are not at all like this one! It's almost a garrantee that you'll laugh about something on here daily and that you'll also learn something.its always nice to have new comers and eventually you'll be a vet on this great forum!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Glad you're enjoying your time here! This is a great place even with the occassional arguments.this is a very rare forum! Everyone here is respectful and kind. I've tried other forums and most are not at all like this one! It's almost a garrantee that you'll laugh about something on here daily and that you'll also learn something.its always nice to have new comers and eventually you'll be a vet on this great forum!
    +1 no place like home!
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1 no place like home!
    +1
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Darktower007:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    +1 no place like home!
    +1
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    d fresh:
    Rain is awesome!!
    Thanks
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you really still like Rain? PM me your addy to update the forum list
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Do you really still like Rain? PM me your addy to update the forum list
    hahahaha
    Money can't buy taste
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with that, it is a great forum, one big dysfunctional family. Great discussions, more good advice than I can remember and many laughs. And if you have to leave for a while you are welcomed back. You won't be leaving D Fresh, once you have crossed to the dark side there is no return.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Fresh.....who have you been speaking to??? Never give your address to ANYONE here! Believe me when I tell you that it WILL haunt you. They may pretend to be really great people but they are not friends.... most want to cause unjust destruction or at very least cost you money on new mailboxes, screen doors, or at very least a new coolidor......... they are great people aren't they!!!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    Fresh.....who have you been speaking to??? Never give your address to ANYONE here! Believe me when I tell you that it WILL haunt you. They may pretend to be really great people but they are not friends.... most want to cause unjust destruction or at very least cost you money on new mailboxes, screen doors, or at very least a new coolidor......... they are great people aren't they!!!
    Bwahahahaha Fresh don't listen to this guy.....he's not been here in forever, pay him no nevermind!