Home General Discussion

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters--worth the money?

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
Without getting into specifics, I have a possible opportunity to get a sampler of past Tatuaje Pudgy monsters at a not particularly great price.

My question for you experts: Are these really, really worth the money beyond their"collectible" aura? Are they that far superior to the regular Tatuaje brands? Can anyone who has one or more describe their characteristics--i.e., full, medium, spicey, non-spicey, earthy, sweet, etc.--since I'm not an experienced Tatuaje smoker?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The one place has them starting at $75
    Money can't buy taste
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy them for $120
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. 10 really good smokes for around $80.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Yes. 10 really good smokes for around $80.
    Pudgy for $80 is good...little monsters for $80...ehh to small viola for me
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well, I did end up winning these for a little over $80. Sure some of you did, too. The last "big ticket" cigar purchase I'm going to make for a long, long time.

Any advice on which to smoke first, since supposedly this sampler has one from the last 10 years or so? Would it make sense to smoke the "oldest" ones first since I would assume they're been "aged to perfection"?
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    You will have to write up a review and your thoughts as you work your way through the sampler.
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    I got one, however I haven't opened them yet. I think I got it for just under $100. I figured I pay around $10 a stick for most Tat's so why not give them a try.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Well, I did end up winning these for a little over $80. Sure some of you did, too. The last "big ticket" cigar purchase I'm going to make for a long, long time.

Any advice on which to smoke first, since supposedly this sampler has one from the last 10 years or so? Would it make sense to smoke the "oldest" ones first since I would assume they're been "aged to perfection"?
    afaik the little/pudgy monster cigars are not 10 yrs old.
    they're just based off of the older "full size" monster releases....
    ....but i could be wrong.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    raisindot:

Yeah. They were not released in these vitolas, and if they were 10 years old you would not get them for under $100. They are great smokes, but I would try to let them rest as long as you can (easier said than done). I smoked one early and it split on me. Not sure who's fault that was, but I put them away for a couple months and now they are smoking great.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    You're absolutely right. They're "re-released versions." Should've read the description more carefully, LOL! I'm just a sucker for certain kinds of cigar marketing.