Home General Discussion
Options

Employment

Let's try this again. Hey Guys, I'm new here and thoroughly enjoying getting to know you all. I think a post on what you all do for a living would be fun. I'll start. I work at a local business computer company. We build/sell and service computers and servers. We also do web and email hosting. I have been at NKOL for 14 years.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

CLICK

sounds like you enjoy and take pride in your job. you must... i mean 14 years is a good amount of time.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get discouraged Ben hanks... we just like to twist tails.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Damn... I dont think I know half of those people on the other thread? what happened to them?

Aj
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work for Apple out of my house hence why I can be posting on here most days during the day. Today actually marks two years that I've been with Apple. I am a technical supervisor for 5 different ques, **** rolls downhill and I'm at the bottom of the hill. So if your a nasty person or have a nasty technical issue it gets sent to me.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I work for Apple out of my house hence why I can be posting on here most days during the day. Today actually marks two years that I've been with Apple. I am a technical supervisor for 5 different ques, **** rolls downhill and I'm at the bottom of the hill. So if your a nasty person or have a nasty technical issue it gets sent to me.

You must be a busy person right now with the iPhone 6.
  • Options
    rsherman24:
    90+ Irishman:

You must be a busy person right now with the iPhone 6.
    Between the iPhone 6, 6+ and iOS 8 release its been nuts. Putting in so much OT and now I'm out of it for two weeks while I train new advisors. It's been crazy busy to say the least.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm a janitor
  • Options
    Rain:
    I'm a janitor

Good thing its not hot Chile day

Aj
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a ninja. Just part time and usually at night. Pretty sure I work with other ninjas but IDK because I never see them.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the Southern Ca Allison Transmission Distributor Trainer. Title sounds fancier than it actually is. Basically I teach people how to service, repair and overhaul Allison transmissions. Getting ready to start a class tomorrow on hybrid battery overhaul. Woo Hoo! Gotta love voltage!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I am a ninja. Just part time and usually at night. Pretty sure I work with other ninjas but IDK because I never see them.
    I wish I was a ninja....

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    jbohon:
    I'm the Southern Ca Allison Transmission Distributor Trainer. Title sounds fancier than it actually is. Basically I teach people how to service, repair and overhaul Allison transmissions. Getting ready to start a class tomorrow on hybrid battery overhaul. Woo Hoo! Gotta love voltage!
    Allison transmissions = Winning. Love their stuff.
  • Options
    BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    IT Manager for a local hospital.
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Forecast and Staffing Analyst for Charter Communications. I've been with the company for going on 10 years.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retired assassin and miss-shaped Cheetos's collector.
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I'm going to need to see some proof!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    I have a friend who worked at one of our local parts vendors that drank the koolaid and went to work for the Devil...I mean Apple. He likes it. Personally, I love their phones but can't stand their computers. Do you enjoy it?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part time professional California Lotto participant (level 6), and used to be a seasonal street pharmacist in the Tri-State area.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    benhanks:
    jd50ae:
    I'm going to need to see some proof!

Gonna be kind of difficult to do that. I mean it would be kind of hard to dig up.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tumble weed inspector for the city and I collect jars of expired honey.
  • Options
    benhanks:
    90+ Irishman:
    I have a friend who worked at one of our local parts vendors that drank the koolaid and went to work for the Devil...I mean Apple. He likes it. Personally, I love their phones but can't stand their computers. Do you enjoy it?
    I love working for the company, not so much my current role but I took this promotion a year and a half ago knowing I would hate it but it let my wife stay home permenantly with our son to be a house mommie which is what she wanted the most, so I took the promotion. Sooner rather than later I will be switching roles and doing something I really enjoy again. That being said the company really realllllly takes care of their employees and their families. I could list a half dozen examples for me personally but I don't want to rant. Actually today specifically marks 2 years I've been with Apple.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    A few IT guys around here. I'm a VDI admin and IT Technician in Indianapolis.
  • Options
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so maybe I bent the truth a little. I am a railroad conductor. Basically I get paid well for being treated like sh t. Army Veteran and former Police Officer. Viaje **** extraordinaire.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Damn... I dont think I know half of those people on the other thread? what happened to them?

Aj
    yeah..... old thread
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    yeah..... old thread
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Lead Machinest and Crew Chief for OverKill Racing and Chassis.

http://www.overkillchassis.com/home.html

But probably not for long...

Aj
    That is awesome (not the probably not for long part)! I need a frame for my project car. When I get my money saved up I'll give you a call :)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    benhanks:
    90+ Irishman:
    I love working for the company, not so much my current role but I took this promotion a year and a half ago knowing I would hate it but it let my wife stay home permenantly with our son to be a house mommie which is what she wanted the most, so I took the promotion. Sooner rather than later I will be switching roles and doing something I really enjoy again. That being said the company really realllllly takes care of their employees and their families. I could list a half dozen examples for me personally but I don't want to rant. Actually today specifically marks 2 years I've been with Apple.
    That's really cool. It is my prayer that people love NKOL as much as that!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senior project manager for a local/ national electrical contractor. I handle large commercial and industrial house accounts such as AB, Mallinckrodt, Wells Fargo, amongst about 4 other good size ones. Keeps me on my toes.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    mb92755mb92755 Posts: 34
    Metallurgical Tech for a large metal maker. Titanium is one of the more mundane metals we make. Some others aren't known to the general public but are in rockets, MRI's and aircraft. I mainly do boring paperwork now but I've done some fun R&D.
    Mike