Home General Discussion

Real or not

Buddy of mine picked these up on his recent cruise down to Cozumel and gave them to me. Any thoughts on if they are real or not.

imageimageimageimage
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    not
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2nd from the left looks real.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glass top lid = definitely not

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Glass top box is a giveaway, but the labels are bad as well
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, hope they didn't cost too much. Fakey fake
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are real...cigars. Are they real Cubans? Nope.

Now PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Definitely fake. No such thing as a glass-top box of real ISOM Cohibas.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake-- sorry but try one out anyway! Or send one to the cigar mortician (DZR)
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    So then these were fake too?....image
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    Yes, except the 2nd from the left. Those are usually real
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on Instagram, follow THE_CIGAR_ENFORCER. He has a lot of good info on spotting fakes.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:

How were they?
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    rsherman24:
    AshMe:

How were they?
    No I didn't smoke them. I someone gave me the empty box claiming he had enjoyed some cohibas. So now I can ask him how much he enjoyed his fakes :)
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Buddy of mine picked these up on his recent cruise down to Cozumel and gave them to me. Any thoughts on if they are real or not.

I bought the same box on a cruise to Mexico. I figured they were fake when the original $150 offer was chewed down and reduced to $15 for the 5 sticks. Bought them, smoked them, enjoyed them, but heck I was on a cruise so my sandals would have tasted good looking out over the gulf.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you guys saw some of the stuff that went into these "cigars" you would NEVER want to smoke one. I have seen regular hair, pubic hair, rat (could have been any kind of rodent actually) ***, banana leaves, paper, sticks, what could have possibly been a tampon string. Sometimes there was actual tobacco in there but the grade was probably below what they make cigarettes out of.

If they came from a glass top box, for health concerns I would never smoke one.

My 2 cents of experience, for what's it's worth.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    If you guys saw some of the stuff that went into these "cigars" you would NEVER want to smoke one. I have seen regular hair, pubic hair, rat (could have been any kind of rodent actually) ***, banana leaves, paper, sticks, what could have possibly been a tampon string. Sometimes there was actual tobacco in there but the grade was probably below what they make cigarettes out of.

If they came from a glass top box, for health concerns I would never smoke one.

My 2 cents of experience, for what's it's worth.
    I definitely wont smoke them but at least it was the thought that counts from my buddy. Thanks for the help guys
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your buddy's for real. That's what counts. Like the time a client joyously gave me a box of 20 year old White Owls he'd picked up just for me at an estate sale. You gotta love a guy for that. Give the man a cigar.

BTW -- the wood looks like Luan -- the cypress often called Phillipine Mohogany.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)