Home General Discussion
Options

Wedding gift ideas...?

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
My wife and I are headed over this weekend for Eric and Julie's nuptials... Any ideas on what I should bring??

Box of A.J.'s finest, the Spectre????
Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    My wife and I are headed over this weekend for Eric and Julie's nuptials... Any ideas on what I should bring??

Thoughts?
    Honestly Jim I think anything would be extremely kind and generous, being there and sharing in that occasion is more than enough but if you do choose to do something maybe some cigars for Eric and something for the bride or home would be good to :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:

Thoughts?
    Jim, you already got us a present. And besides, Irish is right--that your making the trek across the mountains is gift enough!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know he is a big Gurkha fan, but not sure if it is appropriate for a wedding. I would say Cameroon. Maybe some Hemingway's
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bun Warmer :)
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a nice whisky decanter engraved with their wedding date and/or monograms. Hell, throw in a nice bottle of booze to fill it up, too! I'm trying Eric :):)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    How about a nice whisky decanter engraved with their wedding date and/or monograms. Hell, throw in a nice bottle of booze to fill it up, too! I'm trying Eric :):)
    awesome idea!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Chrome truck nutz with their wedding date engraved on them.

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Tupperware!!!!!!!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Get them an elephant figurine! Walk in the room, place it down, tell them not to mention it....

Also, when they do mention it, just remind them that everything not pertaining to elephants is irrelephant.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    Chrome truck nutz with their wedding date engraved on them.

OMG perfect! How fast can we get this done?
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phenominal!!!! I typically go with a toaster. Who doesn't want a toaster!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our go to wedding present is silver picture frame with date engraved on it.but I love the decantur idea also.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Waterford picture frame...they can put the favorite wedding photo in it
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Good suggestions!! Thanks
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    No_one21:
    Get them an elephant figurine! Walk in the room, place it down, tell them not to mention it....

Also, when they do mention it, just remind them that everything not pertaining to elephants is irrelephant.
    of course you did....
  • Options
    johncieerajohncieera Posts: 7
    How about Romeo y Julieta 1875 along with a god bottle of whisky?